Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Weight loss book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Shannon,

I'm looking at buying this book: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Master-Losi...721&sr=8-1

as I could use some weight loss. Probably will order it soon. Does this tie into the subliminals in some way?
(03-29-2010, 11:29 AM)Clamshell Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon,

I'm looking at buying this book: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Master-Losi...721&sr=8-1

as I could use some weight loss. Probably will order it soon. Does this tie into the subliminals in some way?

Actually, it ties into subliminals a lot more than it probably should have. lol I have a little more focus on them than I probably should have had in it. That was my first major book and I was a little bit less experienced than I am now. Kind of surprised and a little amused that you found that actually.

The idea was to write a book that would help people (specifically a couple of women I knew at the time) and show how subliminals could help make the process much easier. I think I went a little overboard with the advertising. That's mainly in the back, though, and the catalog in the back doesn't have working links anymore. But that's okay, since they're all here. The book itself is a solid book and full of worthwhile and important information. Probably could benefit from being shortened and restructured some.

When I have the time, eventually, I'll revise and re-release it. It's still a very worthwhile book and a surprisingly interesting read for what it's talking about, but I would like to revise it. I won't have the time for a long time, though.
I'm seriously thinking about buying it, regardless.
What I found fascinating about the book was... I have always been slender, and I wrote it as an extension of the research into weight loss that went into the weight loss subliminal. Yet it was something I could read and become absorbed in, almost every time I picked it up, no matter where I opened it to. Could never figure that out. Smile Get it, I think you'll like it. I am a rather harsh critic of my own work perhaps. I'd like to hear what you think of it.
I'll probably order it no later this this weekend.
The cover art is my concept but Andrew's rendering. We work well together, I think. Smile Looking forward to hearing what you think of the book.
I ordered it today. So I should be receiving it sometime next week.
(04-02-2010, 08:57 AM)Clamshell Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered it today. So I should be receiving it sometime next week.

Another $0.90 in my pocket! lol Next time I release it, I'm going through CreateSpace. I'll be able to lower the price and still make a reasonable royalty on each copy.

But thanks for ordering it. I look forward to your review.
Only 90 cents? For a book that costs $16.95? No wonder people say it's difficult to make money as an author.
Depends on who you go through to publish how you publish it and how many pages the book has. That book has a lot of pages, and going through Lulu isn't the best way to make a profit when you sell your book through Amazon.com.
I see.
So I got out my copy of The Secret Master Key To Losing Weight (And Keeping It Off Forever) and started reading, and I realized that I can probably revise it and re-release it within a couple months. The writing is solid, I just need to adjust a couple specific things (namely, re-organize the chapters a bit, and update the catalog in the back). If you find any edits I need to make otherwise, please let me know, Clamshell.
I actually just got the book delivered to me, today. However, I have a big project going on, so I'll try to get some reading in this week, but time will tell.
That was fast!
Pages: 1 2