Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Message to Shannon re LTU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon, or anyone interested,

In the past 13 months I've done 50 days of ASC, followed by four and a half months of EPRHA, followed by nearly 6 months of LTU 3.1. I've got a tremendous amount of positive change out of this, but one extra benefit I was not expecting is that it's cured me of mild OCD, which has plagued me since I was a kid. It's quite mindblowing for me, as any ritualistic behaviour like doing things in certain order, repeating things, like checking devices are switched off or doors locked etc, or having to do weird things liking touching wood to stop bad things happen, are no longer plaguing me. I don't feel the need to do any of it now. Just thought you might find that interesting.

And now a question specific to LTU. I've noticed in the last few weeks that I've started procrastinating and have become a fair bit less motivated. I know these are supposed to be dealt with in LTU, so could this be resistance? I'm acting a bit like when I was a teenager, when I would keep putting things off. I'm asking because if it is likely to be resistance then I will continue with LTU and see if it goes away. If not, I might try US or even a combination of US and UM.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks for curing my OCD and making me a much happier person!
Hey terry. Good to hear of your great progress.

Here is some food for thought: It may be that your procrastination issue is not necessarily about resistance. It might simply be that you have now reached a point where you eroded a great deal of fear, shame, guilt or related themes that served you as motivator.

All the best.
(12-11-2015, 04:31 AM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey terry. Good to hear of your great progress.

Here is some food for thought: It may be that your procrastination issue is not necessarily about resistance. It might simply be that you have now reached a point where you eroded a great deal of fear, shame, guilt or related themes that served you as motivator.

All the best.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is a possibility. I'm no longer fearful and that really was a big motivator. I'll give it till Christmas on LTU and see if things improve. If not, I will need some kind of kick up the backside or something to inspire some ambition.
Quote:Hi Shannon, or anyone interested,

In the past 13 months I've done 50 days of ASC, followed by four and a half months of EPRHA, followed by nearly 6 months of LTU 3.1. I've got a tremendous amount of positive change out of this, but one extra benefit I was not expecting is that it's cured me of mild OCD, which has plagued me since I was a kid. It's quite mindblowing for me, as any ritualistic behaviour like doing things in certain order, repeating things, like checking devices are switched off or doors locked etc, or having to do weird things liking touching wood to stop bad things happen, are no longer plaguing me. I don't feel the need to do any of it now. Just thought you might find that interesting.

My understanding is that - at least in some cases, if not all - OCD behavior is a form of defense against fear of not having control. When that fear is overcome through healing and outgrowth of the root causes, the OCD behaviors naturally cease. Yes, it is interesting; tends to suppoort that idea.

Quote:And now a question specific to LTU. I've noticed in the last few weeks that I've started procrastinating and have become a fair bit less motivated. I know these are supposed to be dealt with in LTU, so could this be resistance? I'm acting a bit like when I was a teenager, when I would keep putting things off. I'm asking because if it is likely to be resistance then I will continue with LTU and see if it goes away. If not, I might try US or even a combination of US and UM.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks for curing my OCD and making me a much happier person!

As was mentioned, procrastination can be the result of clearing away fears that were previously motivating you. Now you are responsible for your own actions, and you must grow to balance out again. You can't be lazy and let fear do it for you.