Subliminal Talk

Full Version: snoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I snore like a chainsaw. It's alright except I refuse to sleep anywhere public, which is a drawback, and I get teased by lovers. It's usually really funny and they CLAIM (smart boys) to find it cute or endearing. But seriously, I want to stop snoring completely.
Do you sleep on your back?
snoring indicates an underlying illness. its is usually associated with heart disease. which brings me to the question, Do you LOVE Quarter Pounders, Extre Large Fries and an Extra Large Coke? ;-)
Spiral, yes I do... though not always. It varies in intensity being really bad when I've had alcohol, and just super tiny snores at other times, and sometimes silent. Normally it's worst starting 4am -- also, I've snored since I was a little kid too. If it was as simple as turning over I'd have figured it out Smile
Reiji that is interesting, I've never heard of the association with heart disease. Obesity, yes. Aside from weight being a cause, I've heard that snoring is related to feeling restrained somehow. I meant to use EFT on it but never did. And no, I've never actually had a quarter pounder, and I don't eat french fries or coke at all.
yeah that's really a weird correlation but nevertheless its an angle in which medical professionals are looking into. But one thing's for sure, the sound that you hear from snoring is the result of airway being partially obstructed thus producing the distinct irritating noise. Anyway, have you had an executive panel done? or even an ultrasound of your heart? you probably have an enlarged heart.
Smile No, I've never had any..... well actually I've never GONE to have my heart checked out, but I did a have a doctor "after hours" check out every organ in my body with his new amazing equipment and apparently they're all great. I'm not concerned about my heart in any way but will take on the snoring in July and see what I can do.
Snoring actually can be a medical issue having to do with sleep apnea, so you should definitely get it checked out if you feel you do it more than not.
My understanding of snoring is that it's a positional and/or weight thing. I never heard of it being associated with any disease. I did have a stop snoring subliminal, but I guess it got lost in the transfer from the old store to the new. I'll have to dig that up. Reiji, what sources can you cite to support your belief that it is related to disease? I'm skeptical.
I think a lot of things are played up by the medical and commercial product system ... the fear factor. Omg something is wrong with you you really should get yourself checked out. Believing that something is wrong with your body is a great way to generate ill health. If nothing's wrong with you, you can easily make smething wrong by worrying about what could go wrong, potentially. If you're looking for disease you'll find it. A bunch of older friends of mine have had sudden bursts of pressure on them (active healthy dancers) to get their hearts checked as at their age "you can't be too careful" well listening to the stress they go through with the testing, the "just in case" medicines when nothing is wrong with them, the worrying and negative programs repeating how they are going to get it and if they don't have it now (heart issues) they are going to soon it's no wonder.
(05-20-2011, 10:17 AM)massagemaggie Wrote: [ -> ]I think a lot of things are played up by the medical and commercial product system ... the fear factor. Omg something is wrong with you you really should get yourself checked out. Believing that something is wrong with your body is a great way to generate ill health. If nothing's wrong with you, you can easily make smething wrong by worrying about what could go wrong, potentially. If you're looking for disease you'll find it. A bunch of older friends of mine have had sudden bursts of pressure on them (active healthy dancers) to get their hearts checked as at their age "you can't be too careful" well listening to the stress they go through with the testing, the "just in case" medicines when nothing is wrong with them, the worrying and negative programs repeating how they are going to get it and if they don't have it now (heart issues) they are going to soon it's no wonder.

I agree. Great way to make money for the pharmaceutical and medical industries. Sad that health care has become a big business, because that effectively puts it in a position of direct conflict with what it's supposed to be doing.

By the way, just an interesting side note for you, Maggie. I realized a moment ago that all of the women in my life who have been chainsaw snorers have also been exceptionally good lovers, and the ones who did not snore loudly have been rather significantly less so... which suggests that snoring has something to do with a woman's openness to the world around her. Maybe she snores more loudly in part because she is less inhibited in certain ways?
@ Maggie and Shannon - what you might be saying can be true. I know of many doctors who won't even dare to use any of the prescription meds their promoting. what irony. anyway about the sources, you could try looking it up in the net. Glad to be back in the forums. :-)