Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How to raise children?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's your opinion on this topic? There are a lot of factors that go into this but I wanna hear your opinions first before I comment.
I would definitely say yes. If you look at "most" of the users here (myself included) most of us didn't exactly come from homes that exactly encouraged us to become self-actualized. If that weren't the case most of us probably wouldn't be here. I also think "education" has added a lot to this problem as well. I remember one of my college teachers talking about how education helps you to reach your full potential. I remember snorting at this because I realized I got more of my potential from running 1 year of Shannon's subs than 13+ years of education I got from public schooling or military training. The only thing Public education really taught me was how to sit in a class, not question the teacher, write down what the teacher says, memorize it, then regurgitate it back on a test paper later on.

Along these lines a question started to roam in my head. It has been said that the brain doesn't fully stop developing until your about 23. I started to wonder if maybe its not that the brain doesn't fully develop until your 23 but maybe the culture people find themselves in is causing this occurrence. Low and behold I actually found out that "Scientific American mind" posed this same question and found out that people in Western cultures were not having their brain fully developed until they around 23 while people in other cultures with lack of western influences (They found these influences to be Western TV, Education systems,and social media) were having their brains fully developed around 15 or 16 years old. They actually found that the prime time that the brain should be "developed" is around 16 years old. Which kinda of goes along with the idea in the past when you would be considered a adult when you between 13-15. You can find the article here:

http://drrobertepstein.com/pdf/Epstein-T...isphpreq=1

So, yeah I would definitely say children are not reaching their full potential. Not only that though, people are remaining "children" for a lot longer than they should be.
Yeah, I call it the mama bird education system where the mama bird gets the worm and eats it then regurgitates that for her children to eat. As for the education system, it is documented history that the education systems of America was made to make us obedient workers. One problem with the education system is that in class if you get a question right you might get congratulated as a kid or you might not, but if you get it wrong you'll be ridiculed by your classmates for saying a "stupid" answer. This is why people aren't eager to learn because the motivation has been squashed and now the brain makes connections saying Education>Boring and Asking questions>scary. We were natural born learners as humans. When a child starts to walk and falls, does that child get scared? No it just gets back up and keeps on doing it until it starts to walk properly. By the time we hit college we are de-geniused and we think of education of the mere memorization of facts when in fact it is teaching of the brain to think.
I wish I could have voted on this, I would have been the solo no! Lol
(11-05-2015, 03:21 PM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]If you look at "most" of the users here (myself included) most of us didn't exactly come from homes that exactly encouraged us to become self-actualized. If that weren't the case most of us probably wouldn't be here. I also think "education" has added a lot to this problem as well. I remember one of my college teachers talking about how education helps you to reach your full potential. I remember snorting at this because I realized I got more of my potential from running 1 year of Shannon's subs than 13+ years of education I got from public schooling or military training. The only thing Public education really taught me was how to sit in a class, not question the teacher, write down what the teacher says, memorize it, then regurgitate it back on a test paper later on.

I will definitely agree that I am a statistic on that statement that if we were self actualized, we wouldnt be here. I also agree on the statement that I, too, have had 14 years of nonsense education that I learnt diddly squat about....thats why college and education are pure nonsense; with the exception that yes you need to learn to read and write and basic math but anything else beyond that is hardly ever used based on your career profession. What schools should be teaching at least by high school is real life experience.

(11-05-2015, 03:21 PM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]people are remaining "children" for a lot longer than they should be.

I for one am that "child".....this year to next I can finally evolve as a man that I am hoping to be, like you, realizing my potential through Shannon's subs...Dodgy