Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Does accidentally exposing another person trigger the piracy code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My old housemate mentioned to me the other day that he used to hear the trickling stream from AM6 in his room. I wasn't aware of this and I sure didn't intend it but I have reason to believe he was affected by the script (even though it's probably not something he wanted). He has recently purchased a subliminal to use. Do I need to buy another copy of AM6 for him to prevent the piracy code from activating in either of us?
http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-6099-p...l#pid87769
(10-23-2015, 10:17 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Here we go again.

This is all well explained in the FAQ.

If you download something and that act is pirating it, AP code activates. If you delete it without ever using it, and you did not engage in any other form of piracy (sharing, etc. that which you deleted before deleting it) you de-activate AP code because you have not used it, and no longer have it, which means you ended the state if piracy.

If however, you download something and use it, and/or you share it, etc. you must pay for it.

The AP code does not induce guilt, shame or fear. I despise those things and I will not use them to manipulate people. Please read the FAQ.

Giving away a copy of a pirated program is piracy.

Giving away a copy of a paid for program is - yes, you guessed it - piracy.
Accepting a copy of a program that you have not paid for is piracy.
Using a copy of a pirated program is, yes, piracy.

Anything that results in the unequal exchange of value is piracy! When you benefit from a program I created, but IML does not get the asked for value in return, you are committing theft. Call it theft, piracy, whatever you like. It triggers AP code.

Go read the FAQ on this.
http://www.subliminal-shop.com/faq/
http://www.subliminal-shop.com/faqs/will...rotection/
If you buy a copy of a program, and someone else is consistently using it while you are not being exposed, that is not fair use. A person other than the owner is getting value from the program, and that would trigger the copy protection.
Thanks 4kingdoms. That gives me the impression that I don't have to worry about the anti-piracy scripting.
(10-25-2015, 07:18 PM)ffaux Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks 4kingdoms. That gives me the impression that I don't have to worry about the anti-piracy scripting.

I got the same impression.
(10-25-2015, 05:11 PM)ffaux Wrote: [ -> ]My old housemate mentioned to me the other day that he used to hear the trickling stream from AM6 in his room. I wasn't aware of this and I sure didn't intend it but I have reason to believe he was affected by the script (even though it's probably not something he wanted). He has recently purchased a subliminal to use. Do I need to buy another copy of AM6 for him to prevent the piracy code from activating in either of us?

You can exposed your whole family/friends as long as there is only one source and one owner of the program. This doesn't count as piracy. So no it doesn't trigger the AP code.