Subliminal Talk

Full Version: A good test for Masked vs Ultrasonic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been doing some experimenting and thought I would share my findings for anyone that was interested. As many of you know there have been many threads opened about which is better: Masked or Ultrasonic. Shannon has said that you just need to find which one best works for you. Following that line of thought I think I have found a good test to measure which one (or a combination of both) might be more effective for each individual user. I've been measuring how soon I get "brain fog" with each format. When I get the brain fog isn't so much as a headache in so much as I feel a general "soreness" in my head. This soreness can turn into a headache or a throbbing soreness type feeling (That lasts for 2 days) if I accidentally go over 21 hrs per day. Anyway, my results have been the following:

Ultrasonic: Start getting brain fog between 13 and 16 hours (definitely feel it by 16 hours).

Alternate (Trickling stream/Ultrasonic): Start getting brain fog between 8 and 11 hours.

Masked (Trickling Stream): Start getting brain fog between 4 hours 30mins and 5 hours.

If I remember correctly the whole headache thing with subs is suppose to tell you that you are probably listening to the sub too much, so the "brain fog' event before the headache might be a accurate way for someone to see which format is best for them.Based on these findgs I'm probably going to start listening to Trickling stream exclusively for at least a month and see what the results are. If the masked track is the most effective for me that would explain a suspicion I've been having for a while that I've purposely been avoiding the masked tracks as much as possible due to resistance. Before when I would try to dedicate myself to listening to the masked track I would always not follow through fully and make up some type of excuse why I didn't want to (Wanted to listen to music, couldn't stand sleeping to trickling stream, "This isn't getting results",etc).
Interesting experiment. Using AM and WM I did ultrasonic for the majority of the time on speakers and a couple of hours a day trickling stream through headphones. Now with MYPSL I'm using trickling stream for night time and ultrasonic during the day, but now both through headphones. I read that masked hits a lower resistance level in the subconscious area but ultrasonic hits a high one. I figured by doing half and half I would get more benefit with this two pronged attack.
I always dismissed the idea of using trickling stream at night because I didn't believe I could fall asleep with it but it's surprisingly easy and I get better clearer dreams to.
i wouldnt say brain fog is an indicator for subs working....

and resistence isnt too behvaioral change however is ...
I think alternating is a good method. It's what I've been doing for the past 6 months. If I run masked for too long I get irritated and turn it off, even in my sleep
(10-25-2015, 01:58 AM)Ricardo Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting experiment. Using AM and WM I did ultrasonic for the majority of the time on speakers and a couple of hours a day trickling stream through headphones. Now with MYPSL I'm using trickling stream for night time and ultrasonic during the day, but now both through headphones. I read that masked hits a lower resistance level in the subconscious area but ultrasonic hits a high one. I figured by doing half and half I would get more benefit with this two pronged attack.
I always dismissed the idea of using trickling stream at night because I didn't believe I could fall asleep with it but it's surprisingly easy and I get better clearer dreams to.

Ya know, I actually found the lower/Higher resistance thing to be true for me. I recently listened to the ultrasonic track for about 2 hours. I was done getting my regular hours for the day but wanted to get more exposure so I ran the ultrasonic. After I was done listening to the ultrasonic I immediately got resistance type responses (anger/frustration). Before this I had listened the masked track for days with no resistance whatsoever (except for impatience that its not working). I noticed changes but they were very, very subtle. So far then I would say (for me at least):

Ultrasonic= More obvious change but more resistance
Masked= More subtle change but little to no resistance

Interesting thing though is that I listened to nothing but ultrasonic during my AM6 run and got pretty much no resistance except on stage 3. I think it might be because I was doing 21 hrs a day. So my mind probably didn't get enough time to resist the sub as much. I'm starting to think that alternating might be the better method for me seeing as I get the benefit of both tracks without the drawbacks. I also generally get better sleep.