Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Why are negatively framed statements in the subliminals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably for Shannon but maybe some of you know too.

I know you know your stuff Shannon, so I'm not debating that in any way.

What I'm curious to know about is the reason that it works to have negatively framed statements in the subliminals i.e. "I stop fearing people" instead of just focusing on the positive i.e. "I love people."

When I went through my story, Brent Smith (who I hired as a coach) had me clean out or reframe anything that had a hint of being negative. But of course that is through a much more conscious process of story/affirmation that he uses.

I know you don't include "no" in your subliminals as the sub-conscious mind can't process that, but it seems these negatively-framed statements clearly work. Why is that?
Thanks man. But if you read my question again you'll see that's not what I actually asked. Smile I already understand how don't and no works with the subconscious mind. I use that very same pink elephant example with people too.

This is a more subtle point.

When Shannon uses in his script "I am completely free of approach anxiety" referencing anxiety is to be free of something negative, so yes the mind references it like a pink elephant in that sense. The purely positive route would be "I am completely comfortable and confident around women" and not even referencing the anxiety.

Some would say that referring to the anxiety in a statement at all is still negative, even if no/not/don't aren't in the statement.

See the difference there? That's why I'm trying to determine why this works in subliminal and if it is only for subliminal work and not as useful for things like affirmations, which are a more conscious process. By what I can tell Shannon has worked tirelessly to upgrade and keep perfecting his work. So I'm sure there's a clear answer to this more subtle point.
Why shouldn't it work? Negations like "no" and "don't" don't work, but negatively framed scripts like your mentioned one do work, and no one ever said something different. So why do you think that this don't work? There's a big difference between "I'm free of approach anxiety" and "I don't feel approach anxiety" for the subconscious. The one works, the other doesn't.
I read that there was a research done in which it was discovered that negative statement have more powerful effect to make something happen...

Slow Down... Positive

Kill ur speed... Negative ...Worked better

Who knows what secret subconscious hold...Only people like Shannon know..
Yes, apparently that is so, but it still doesn't explain why with subconscious and not conscious.

(10-12-2015, 11:54 PM)Vincent_Vega Wrote: [ -> ]Why shouldn't it work? Negations like "no" and "don't" don't work, but negatively framed scripts like your mentioned one do work, and no one ever said something different. So why do you think that this don't work? There's a big difference between "I'm free of approach anxiety" and "I don't feel approach anxiety" for the subconscious. The one works, the other doesn't.
Yes you get what I'm saying here. EFT is a perfect example.

I'm starting to think it is something specific to the subconscious mind, but when it comes to manifesting, things must be in the positive.

Thanks for bringing up EFT! That means there is no difference between conscious and subconscious necessarily. Since EFT is more of a conscious process where subliminals aren't. That rules that out.

Shannon probably has a good explanation on this.

(10-13-2015, 02:11 AM)ALI6NMENT Wrote: [ -> ]I have thought about this too and made me wonder if these statements that are focusing on the unwanted are actually causing unneeded resistance, especially letting go 'insert negative here' statements.

If we did really have to subconsciously let go of unwanted negatives and could actually let go of them at a subconscious level, we wouldn't get resistance and have to release them with conscious methods like PSTEC and EFT..etc.

Also if these statements become our beliefs wouldn't letting go statements and statements that focus on the unwanted mean that we will always be focused on the unwanted and always letting them go?
That IS interesting. Do you have that link by any chance?

Yes...I'm hoping Shannon will have this answer and will chime in.

I'm running some subminals now to see if I can create that. Smile Wink Big Grin

(10-13-2015, 04:01 PM)zainuu163 Wrote: [ -> ]I read that there was a research done in which it was discovered that negative statement have more powerful effect to make something happen...

Slow Down... Positive

(10-14-2015, 11:24 AM)Bengal Wrote: [ -> ]That IS interesting. Do you have that link by any chance?

Yes...I'm hoping Shannon will have this answer and will chime in.

I'm running some subminals now to see if I can create that. Smile Wink Big Grin

(10-13-2015, 04:01 PM)zainuu163 Wrote: [ -> ]I read that there was a research done in which it was discovered that negative statement have more powerful effect to make something happen...

Slow Down... Positive

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0909/09092801
Thanks man!