Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Acting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have been using Absolute Self Confidence for a while now and really enjoyed the effects - it's definitely made me feel more outgoing and willing to bet on myself than I used to be so thank you Shannon.

The next logical step would be AM6 but I am worried about a few things. After reading around I noticed that a big part of the program was about realizing emotions are not helpful and that logical thinking is superior. This might be true, but my issue is that I want to get into acting and as emotions are basically the tools of an actor, reducing them wouldn't be good for my craft. So I thought why no request a subliminal specifically for actors? I don't know if you have done any reading on the subject Shannon, but here's an overview of the qualities that benefit an actor:

-Relaxation: tension is the death of acting. Actors need to be fully muscularly relaxed in order for emotion to take place without restriction.

-Energy: They must be brimming with energy in order to captivate an audience. It's a kind of vibrational presence that the best actors have and it's the reason you can't keep your eyes off of them. This is quite a mysterious subject but I think Shannon is quite knowledgeable about this area and so hopefully he knows what I mean. The energy of a captivating, charismatic human being.

-Concentration: Acting requires 100% focus on the task at hand. When you concentrate 100% on the present moment and what you are doing, be it sex, studying, tying shoelaces or fully listening to another human being, you are completely "present". This means you do not have distracting thoughts or insecurities running through your mind. A complete lack of self consciousness.

-Imagination: Actors develop their imagination to the point where their imagination becomes their reality. You have to really BELIEVE what's happening in the scene. It's not easy to convince yourself you are a completely different human being but it is possible with imagination which is like a muscle and can be improved with training.

-Empathy: Obviously to be able to become another person, you need to be able to empathize with them. Empathy can be taught, the ability to put yourself in another persons circumstances and feel what they must be going through.

-Vulnerability: You have to be able to share your feelings/emotions and display your weaknesses in front of people. Not easy.

-Physical Sensitivity: as your body is your instrument, you need complete control over it. Increased muscular awareness is vital, a better sense of where your body is in the space. Also all the senses should be honed so you have an improved sense of smell, taste, etc.

-Emotional Sensitivity: All emotions, good and bad, need to be intensified.

Aesthetic appreciation: You need to find life beautiful for it to be art. It will make you a happier person too.

I can go into much more detail if it would be something people liked the idea of? In terms of how you market it, "Subliminal for Acting" might not be the best idea as although that's what it is, you probably won't get non-actors looking at it. Something along the lines of "Subliminal for Living Life to the Fullest" or "Maximum experience" might be better?

For all the guys who are interested in getting better with women, I think this would be a great one. Who do women go crazy for more than the best actors? It's partly fame, sure, but it's something else and that something else can be taught and learned by anybody. I really believe this would be beneficial for ANYBODY. As an acting coach called Larry Moss says, acting and living are not two separate things. Learning to act is learning to experience life and everything it has to offer.

Hugh Jackman talks about this a bit in this video at 31 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-tF_7LaDM

Would anyone else be interested in this or is it just me asking for it? Big Grin
Hi, Kenpachi, welcome!

AM6 is awesome for your wants, don't worry. I'm a dynamic, charisma maxed, half crazy, high flying entrepreneur and AM6 hasn't dulled me into some boring automaton haha. Don't worry man, it doesn't take away anything that isn't holding you back, it only adds to you and makes you better. You're taking those words too literally and reading too far into it. Thinking of it the way I said is more accurate. You'll be fine and you'll be glad you took the plunge.

AM6 has done more for me than mones ever could...
I would definitely be interested in this...
Hey Catman, how's it going? I stopped with the phero's for a while, want to reach a place where I can be attractive without them! I had a look through your journal, I hope SM starts to kick in for you better soon. Keep on keeping on Wink

I hear what you're saying, but after going on a binge of reading the AM6 journals there's definitely a common thread of people saying they go through realizations that emotions are useless or that they begin to feel emptier. I don't want that to happen. Plus, all the factors I mentioned such as increased relaxation/emotion/imagination would seem possible via subs but not something that any of the programs focus on atm?

Perhaps Shannon could shed some light on whether AM6 would be detrimental to an actor? Or which of his current programs he might recommend?
Yes it is I'm an actor and my sincerity has taken a serious hit , you will not be able to emote, the lines will sound hollow , and you won't be able to feel yourself as the character.
(09-15-2015, 12:33 PM)Darkness Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is I'm an actor and my sincerity has taken a serious hit , you will not be able to emote, the lines will sound hollow , and you won't be able to feel yourself as the character.

And you won't be able to black out into the character and hit the flow state, you can once you're off of it. And after stage3 of sm till the end as well.
Bump: Any thoughts on this Shannon?
Hi Kenpachi... I'm an actor myself. I heard an interview with a famous actor recently in which he talked about managing his career. He talked about thinking of it like he's a small corner shop competing against the big supermarkets. Everything he is and the skills he has are basically his business. It was that interview that persuaded me to run BASE. Half way through stage 1 and starting to notice some positive changes. Keep meaning to start a journal. Will do soon...