Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Shannon what do you think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have jus read this in an audio forum where they create subliminals, is this true
 There had been a predecessor "ultrasonic" plugin in the german Audacity forum, that had originally been written for a dog training school. They had a 192kHz soundcard playing ultrasonic "dog commands" over a piezo speaker system. The dogs, who can hear ultrasonic sounds, then learned to do things according to the signals, where the humans hear nothing. Some time later I was notified via some posts in the german Audacity forum that people reported success by using the "ultrasonic" plugin to produce subliminal messages. To me it was instantly clear that the "ultrasonic" plugin couldn't work on a 44100Hz soundcard because the signals produced by the plugin were above 30000Hz, which cannot be reproduced with 44100Hz sample frequency. In some subsequent discussions I prooved several times that the "ultrasonic" plugin with 44100Hz sample frequency only produced signals containing not more "message" than contained in dust-buster noise, but people were still continuing claiming "astonishing success"

Do expect a very distorted speech signal, because there is not much "room" for sound quality in the range between 17500 and 22050 Hertz on a soundcard with only 44100 Hertz sample frequency. It probably sounds as if you shout with a megaphone into a telephone.
The sound quality is poor because for a sample rate of 44100 Hz and a carrier frequency of 17500 Hz, the audio bandwidth is less than 4500 Hz, which is not enough for high quality audio. You will need to use a lower carrier frequency, or a higher sample rate, or a different method for making the voice "silent

Assuming that they are AM encoded, the upper limit for 320 kbps MP3 is 20000 Hz. For the message to be "silent", the carrier frequency must be at least 15000 Hz, so at best the audio band can be no more than 5000 Hz (just about enough for voice). So that means that you can do the filtering in two stages and get virtually complete isolation.
(08-29-2015, 05:57 AM)Dzemoo Wrote: [ -> ]I have jus read this in an audio forum where they create subliminals, is this true
 There had been a predecessor "ultrasonic" plugin in the german Audacity forum, that had originally been written for a dog training school. They had a 192kHz soundcard playing ultrasonic "dog commands" over a piezo speaker system. The dogs, who can hear ultrasonic sounds, then learned to do things according to the signals, where the humans hear nothing. Some time later I was notified via some posts in the german Audacity forum that people reported success by using the "ultrasonic" plugin to produce subliminal messages. To me it was instantly clear that the "ultrasonic" plugin couldn't work on a 44100Hz soundcard because the signals produced by the plugin were above 30000Hz, which cannot be reproduced with 44100Hz sample frequency. In some subsequent discussions I prooved several times that the "ultrasonic" plugin with 44100Hz sample frequency only produced signals containing not more "message" than contained in dust-buster noise, but people were still continuing claiming "astonishing success"

Do expect a very distorted speech signal, because there is not much "room" for sound quality in the range between 17500 and 22050 Hertz on a soundcard with only 44100 Hertz sample frequency. It probably sounds as if you shout with a megaphone into a telephone.
The sound quality is poor because for a sample rate of 44100 Hz and a carrier frequency of 17500 Hz, the audio bandwidth is less than 4500 Hz, which is not enough for high quality audio. You will need to use a lower carrier frequency, or a higher sample rate, or a different method for making the voice "silent

Assuming that they are AM encoded, the upper limit for 320 kbps MP3 is 20000 Hz. For the message to be "silent", the carrier frequency must be at least 15000 Hz, so at best the audio band can be no more than 5000 Hz (just about enough for voice). So that means that you can do the filtering in two stages and get virtually complete isolation.

I'm not sure what you're wanting to know here.
I just want to know if its true that the quality of the spoken word is so low as they say, since you export your files at mp3 with 44100hz too so there is only 2500hz room as they say...
Well, I cannot speak for their audio, since I do not use Audacity in the actual production of my programs. I use Audacity to compress them to .mp3 as the final step, because I have not figured out a way to make these programs using Audacity alone that matches the steps I use in the DAW I use.

What I can say is...

Normal speech covers a range of around 1 kHs up to about 4.5 kHz. That gives you a normal vocal range of around 3.5 kHs, and that's being generous.

High quality voice is best when the pitch is not clipped. That is what they are referring to. It is also best when it has not been shifted, altered, adjusted, stretched, twisted, poked, prodded, etc. That is true. But high quality voice is two different things when it comes to what they are dealing with and what I am dealing with.

We know my subliminals work, and it has been well known they work for more than 12 years. I tested voice quality long ago in various ways, and what I found was this.

What I am producing is high enough quality that I can push a huge (and still increasing) number of words per second into the mind in a subliminal format and still have it be comprehended and acted on. Your conscious mind could not hope to keep up with or understand this same input level even for a second, even if we had perfect audio quality and it was in a normal speech range for pitch. So whatever level of quality I am achieving is obviously very high, despite all the adjustments made to it in creating a subliminal.

and...

the subconscious mind has a fantastically improved range of perception over the conscious mind. I mean ridiculously better. It perceives and can decode much lower volumes, much lower pitches, much higher pitches, much faster speech, many more speakers at once. It can do all of this at once. It can also do so at levels of audio clarity that are lower than what they conscious mind can understand. Proof of this comes from recent tests with my cell phone using the 6G prototype while the phone was in a Lifeproof case, which significantly lowers the audio volume and quality. Yet it still produced the results. We do have to compensate slightly for the volumetric loss, but the results are there. And the case gives an estimated 25% lower volume and lowers the audio clarity by about 20% too.

I think what you're seeing is people who are not really very familiar with the real capacity and capability of the subconscious mind.
(08-29-2015, 05:39 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I cannot speak for their audio, since I do not use Audacity in the actual production of my programs. I use Audacity to compress them to .mp3 as the final step, because I have not figured out a way to make these programs using Audacity alone that matches the steps I use in the DAW I use.

What I can say is...

Normal speech covers a range of around 1 kHs up to about 4.5 kHz. That gives you a normal vocal range of around 3.5 kHs, and that's being generous.

High quality voice is best when the pitch is not clipped. That is what they are referring to. It is also best when it has not been shifted, altered, adjusted, stretched, twisted, poked, prodded, etc. That is true. But high quality voice is two different things when it comes to what they are dealing with and what I am dealing with.

We know my subliminals work, and it has been well known they work for more than 12 years. I tested voice quality long ago in various ways, and what I found was this.

What I am producing is high enough quality that I can push a huge (and still increasing) number of words per second into the mind in a subliminal format and still have it be comprehended and acted on. Your conscious mind could not hope to keep up with or understand this same input level even for a second, even if we had perfect audio quality and it was in a normal speech range for pitch. So whatever level of quality I am achieving is obviously very high, despite all the adjustments made to it in creating a subliminal.

and...

the subconscious mind has a fantastically improved range of perception over the conscious mind. I mean ridiculously better. It perceives and can decode much lower volumes, much lower pitches, much higher pitches, much faster speech, many more speakers at once. It can do all of this at once. It can also do so at levels of audio clarity that are lower than what they conscious mind can understand. Proof of this comes from recent tests with my cell phone using the 6G prototype while the phone was in a Lifeproof case, which significantly lowers the audio volume and quality. Yet it still produced the results. We do have to compensate slightly for the volumetric loss, but the results are there. And the case gives an estimated 25% lower volume and lowers the audio clarity by about 20% too.

I think what you're seeing is people who are not really very familiar with the real capacity and capability of the subconscious mind.

thank you Sir