Subliminal Talk

Full Version: AM6 conflicts (Shannon?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys.

So I have been having some internal conflicts about subs, AM in particular. Whether they are helping or hindering my spiritual growth. I am currently on stage 1 of AM6 for the second time and I'm wondering if it and subs in general are for me. I had some ok results on my first run, mostly to do with dropping neediness in social situations, but a lot of resistance.
To give you a bit of information about me, I have come to realise my primary goal in life is internal happiness and freedom, regardless of external circumstances. I have found in life that the easier I am on myself the better things seem to go. And thats where my conflict with AM6 lies. I have seen mentioned on the forum that it has programming that will make you hard on yourself in order to change. On the sales page it has words like 'refuse' and 'kill excuses' and if it has that kind of tough love programming I think it may be the reason I had so much resistance and dragging my feet in the first run. I don't really subscribe to the 'no pain no gain' mindset.
My mission in life is personal freedom, happiness and love, and removing anything in my life that limits these. I'm more about removing ego and identity than constructing a solid identity. I would rather learn to love unconditionally than 'set strong boundaries', because to me, unconditional love is the highest form of happiness.
So what do you think? Ultimately I have to decide my path for myself, but should I continue with these subs, or would I move faster towards my goals with meditation, releasing and self inquiry?
Hey,

depends upon why you had problems within your first run through.
I have to say it did not feel good when going through the early stages. It was better at the end and it was great afterwards. But it seems like the depression or the bad feeling or resistance comes from a place within you that realizes you are not satisfied with your life and your direction. You could use a "I am happy"-program (and some time in future I will use one), but it will just keep you happy. Releasing is just gonna release bad stuff. What the Alpha program does is to make you go after your life goal or find some meaning and value for you. It makes you feel bad if you are sitting on the couch watching stuff on TV because deep within you, you KNOW that is not what you were born for.

You have one life. Make it count!
Those things are said to represent the transforming of you, into a newer, better, purer version of yourself without all the past garbage traumas, views, belief systems, holding you back. And you want that resistance, that means the program is doing it's job and making changes. If you finished the program the first time and didn't quit, you'll very likely have an easier ride this time around as a lot of stuff was brought to the surface and dealt with in the first run.

Shannon had to do 5 runs of AM to get what he needed from it. No worries bro, it's cool.
(08-11-2015, 10:11 AM)AriGold Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

depends upon why you had problems within your first run through.
I have to say it did not feel good when going through the early stages. It was better at the end and it was great afterwards. But it seems like the depression or the bad feeling or resistance comes from a place within you that realizes you are not satisfied with your life and your direction. You could use a "I am happy"-program (and some time in future I will use one), but it will just keep you happy. Releasing is just gonna release bad stuff. What the Alpha program does is to make you go after your life goal or find some meaning and value for you. It makes you feel bad if you are sitting on the couch watching stuff on TV because deep within you, you KNOW that is not what you were born for.

You have one life. Make it count!

But I guess what I'm asking, is if my 'life goal' is happiness itself, will AM6 still help me acheive and pursue that? I've realised everyone is seeking happiness in the world, but its not there, its in us. I don't want to do an "I am happy" program, because it means I won't be clearing the deep dark shit.
And all this talk about not being supposed to do releasing/clearing work while doing subs makes me wonder if I'm spinning my wheels. If thats honestly the case, I'm more committed to releasing than to subliminals, so I'm wondering if I'm better off dropping the subs. I guess all I can do is complete this run of AM6 while releasing daily and see what happens! Not saying I haven't enjoyed the results of the subs, just that they made me a little more "outer-world focused".
As for the feeling bad for sitting on the couch watching tv, well in my experience, feeling bad and being hard on myself always makes me worse. The times I have genuinely fully accepted myself for doing things like that, is where the need has dropped away and I stopped. So if AM forces me to feel bad about it, it tends to make me dig my heels in harder.
Sorry if my train of thought is all over the place, I'm just a little confused and mentally everywhere at the moment, and I'm finding it hard to write what I want to express and ask in words.
(08-11-2015, 10:13 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]Those things are said to represent the transforming of you, into a newer, better, purer version of yourself without all the past garbage traumas, views, belief systems, holding you back. And you want that resistance, that means the program is doing it's job and making changes. If you finished the program the first time and didn't quit, you'll very likely have an easier ride this time around as a lot of stuff was brought to the surface and dealt with in the first run.

Shannon had to do 5 runs of AM to get what he needed from it. No worries bro, it's cool.

I know, I think the resistance is potentially very good. I just also worry that the resistance is due to the sub programming conflicting with my core wants. Things like 'setting boundaries' to people rather than loving and accepting them more, which is what I want and aim for.
I have no doubt the subs do what they are designed to, rather I'm wondering whether they are the best way for me to acheive my goals.
I think the fact that I'm being so introspective and asking these big questions is definitely the sub doing its work haha.
Oh don't get me wrong pal...

AM6 DOES make you accept people. In fact it has excellent social manifestions to help you build a group of awesome people around you.

What it also does, is establish boundaries so that you don't get disrespected, manipulated, overly focused on external crap and women etc. Most guys come to this program from being doormats, so they're only thinking in extremes "I'm either a doormat, or an overbearing jerk forcing my will on people, I don't want to be THAT either." Don't worry man, AM6 walks the fence in the middle perfectly.

So, it establishes a fair middle border if you get me. THAT'S what it does. Don't worry about becoming an overbearing jerk, you'll be quite the opposite of that when done.

You'll be a guy that doesn't get mad at people or resentful when they act certain ways, you'll have a quiet wisdom about them and know why they do what they do. Don't ask me how, it just happens. But, you'll also have firm boundaries of what you'll accept and not accept from others. And as a result, people will be nicer to you, and respect you, you'll be much more in touch with yourself and focused on yourself and life will be much more high quality.

AM6 balances that fence well. Have no fear in this regard.
In my opinion happiness is a choice, not a goal. You cannot "reach" happiness and be there. But you can decide to be happy and enjoy the world surrounding you.
I understand what you are saying about the "no pain no gain" thing. You don't want to suffer because it "might" lead to growth. You want growth. Sometimes you might not have the motivation to grow by yourself, then a kick from AM can help. Then it is your job to transform the kick into reaching a higher level of BEING YOU. After that you feel more like yourself, happiness is easier because you are more yourself than you have ever been in your life.

Remember Matrix? Do you want the blue pill and "just be happy" with your life right now, or do you want the red pill (AM) that opens your eyes to your current yourself and helps you chisel the real you. Second one is not as easy as the first one and it is not just happiness. But it leads to being more true to yourself which might make you happy.
I am definitely on the spiritual path ,I have done 2 runs of am6.

I would not change the experience and changes it has gave me.i am definetley a much more balanced and happier person.

These other guys are giving some good feedback.
(08-11-2015, 10:41 AM)AriGold Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion happiness is a choice, not a goal. You cannot "reach" happiness and be there. But you can decide to be happy and enjoy the world surrounding you.
I understand what you are saying about the "no pain no gain" thing. You don't want to suffer because it "might" lead to growth. You want growth. Sometimes you might not have the motivation to grow by yourself, then a kick from AM can help. Then it is your job to transform the kick into reaching a higher level of BEING YOU. After that you feel more like yourself, happiness is easier because you are more yourself than you have ever been in your life.

Remember Matrix? Do you want the blue pill and "just be happy" with your life right now, or do you want the red pill (AM) that opens your eyes to your current yourself and helps you chisel the real you. Second one is not as easy as the first one and it is not just happiness. But it leads to being more true to yourself which might make you happy.

I agree that happiness is a choice, but at the same time, the 'goal' for me is removing all the limiting crap that inhibits it :-) What I mean is what Lester Levenson calls "imperturbability" - the state where nothing and no-one disturbs your peace.
What I'm thinking is a may start a journal and document my experiences with AM6 and using the Release Technique/Sedona Method. I know its been done to death on this forum, about the clearing work conflict, but releasing is what I'm called to do, so I'm gonna do it sub or no, and if I do a journal then we can see the results :-) And I truly believe the release technique is slightly different to eft and energy clearing work, in that its all about releasing the 3 core wants - wanting approval, wanting control and wanting security. If it turns out they conflict and I have nullified the subs results, then I have my answer.
I'd keep running the sub normally as it's designed to do instead of interfering with it with releasing stuff. And you're right it's been done to death about the issues with it, and for good reason. Shannon requires no other form of mind progrmaming to be present during sub use as it conflicts and ruins the results. It also puts your chance of refund in jeopardy. I don't think releasing is "calling you", I think it's you feeling negative emotions and not wanting them so you want to get rid of them by doing this, but not realising the FEELING of them is the entire point of the process with subs. To feel them and let them go and accept the new programming. It sounds like pure reactions to EHPRA powered stimulae. EXACTLY as it's supposed to be, as EHPRA is in every stage of AM6. Don't ruin it. Compare the journals of those who do it, versus those who don't you'll notice a pattern after awhile.

So, let's not put too many cooks in the kitchen, and use the sub as designed. You're SUPPOSED to feel bad, negative things being brought to the surface to deal with to let go of them. Running from them with clearing and all that won't solve the issue.
The best I can put it is what ever thoughts ,emotions,feelings come up just realize that's all they are and just release them and process everything the best possible way you can.
(08-11-2015, 11:47 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]I'd keep running the sub normally as it's designed to do instead of interfering with it with releasing stuff. And you're right it's been done to death about the issues with it, and for good reason. Shannon requires no other form of mind progrmaming to be present during sub use as it conflicts and ruins the results. It also puts your chance of refund in jeopardy. I don't think releasing is "calling you", I think it's you feeling negative emotions and not wanting them so you want to get rid of them by doing this, but not realising the FEELING of them is the entire point of the process with subs. To feel them and let them go and accept the new programming. It sounds like pure reactions to EHPRA powered stimulae. EXACTLY as it's supposed to be, as EHPRA is in every stage of AM6. Don't ruin it. Compare the journals of those who do it, versus those who don't you'll notice a pattern after awhile.

So, let's not put too many cooks in the kitchen, and use the sub as designed. You're SUPPOSED to feel bad, negative things being brought to the surface to deal with to let go of them. Running from them with clearing and all that won't solve the issue.

I understand your point of view, but you misunderstand releasing. The fact that you see it as running away from things shows your misunderstanding. It CAN be used that way, but only if your intention is to feel good, rather than actually face things. You say the sub is designed to bring negative things to the surface to let go of them. Hmm, what do you think releasing is? The release technique Is feeling stuff to let it go. A huge part of the process is welcoming. It's NOT eft where you say things while tapping on your body without feeling your issues. It's exactly the same thing as what your saying, except it's a conscious effort rather than just letting something else do the work. I don't see the conflict at all.
Like I said, if it's a choice between the two then I choose releasing. I achieved more with it alone and faster than with subs alone. I lost my virginity, let go of big issues, got into real deep states of happiness and peace and manifested other positive things. All in periods of less than 6 months. I started subs during a lazy period in my life and I liked the idea of something that would do work for me. But right now I am super motivated to go within and let go of my darkest shit. And according to my knowledge AM is supposed to have instructions to get you to do what it takes to maximise your inner growth, so this motivation could be coming from that. I'm not going through any intense resistance at the moment, so this motivation is definitely not coming get from running away from my pain.
And I think this issue needs to be settled. You have your point of view while there are others like geodude who believe it helps the subs. Comparing results between different people is not an effective way to gauge because you can't know what they're dealing with. And you can't deny geodude has had great results. But what better way to find out than having one person do one run without and one run with? And I don't care if I get bad results, I've paid for the sub, and I'm not gonna blame anyone but myself. I'm using AM6 to see if it aids my own inner work, I'm not doing inner work to aid AM. And the way is see it, you can only do three things with emotions. Suppress them, express them, or release them.
I appreciate the advice, and everything you guys have said has certainly aided my decision to continue the sub.

Don't get me wrong at all. I truly believe the subs are powerful. But conscious work on yourself, whilst harder and more time consuming, is more powerful imo. Shannon even said somewhere himself, if I recall correctly, the focused visualisation can manifest faster than the subs will.
Pages: 1 2