Subliminal Talk

Full Version: PORTABLE SPEAKERS ADVICE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to know what portable speakers you all use, or know of that can play the 20,000KHz range please

I was told of these, not sure if these are good for these subliminals, but can someone please tell me:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FE...41H79U8GJX

Audioengine A2+W Powered Desktop Speakers (Pair) in Gloss White

Please let me and others know if the above ones are any good, and if any you use or know of

Thank you
I have them in black. They are awesome. I have one on each side of my bed. Couldn't be happier with them.

If you want to use them to listen to music as well, you may want to upgrade to A5+ instead.
Great thank you

They're a little expensive but they seem to be the right ones then at 20khz requirements
(08-06-2015, 01:37 PM)AJK Wrote: [ -> ]I have them in black. They are awesome. I have one on each side of my bed. Couldn't be happier with them.

If you want to use them to listen to music as well, you may want to upgrade to A5+ instead.

can they work with phones too or just with laptops? I just wanna make sure
(08-07-2015, 10:50 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2015, 01:37 PM)AJK Wrote: [ -> ]I have them in black. They are awesome. I have one on each side of my bed. Couldn't be happier with them.

I use a SanDisk mp3 player with them. I see no reason why they wouldn't work with a computer.
I have that model, same white color. They sound great for a small room, I find it loud even at 2/5 volume dial in the speaker but not loud enough for a living room. Build quality is excellent. Used it with my phone and laptop.

This has three audio input: 3.5mm jack (from phones/computer), RCA connector (from tv et al), USB to its internal DAC (from computer) and it comes with the cables except RCA connector.

FYI, frequency response is 65Hz-22000Hz according to their website specs, although higher than recommended for subliminals I prefer it be 24khz or higher. Hopefully if you buy from their website please fill out their suggestions form and suggest 24khz or higher frequency. Smile

P.S. I have a 10% dc I can give you if you decide to purchase this and through their website though I'm not sure if its cheaper if you are outside of US.

I forgot to ask you, why for music upgrade to A5+ what is the difference?
(08-07-2015, 12:20 PM)AJK Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2015, 10:50 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]

I use a SanDisk mp3 player with them. I see no reason why they wouldn't work with a computer.

Great thanks
(08-07-2015, 07:02 PM)enoch Wrote: [ -> ]I have that model, same white color. They sound great for a small room, I find it loud even at 2/5 volume dial in the speaker but not loud enough for a living room. Build quality is excellent. Used it with my phone and laptop.

This has three audio input: 3.5mm jack (from phones/computer), RCA connector (from tv et al), USB to its internal DAC (from computer) and it comes with the cables except RCA connector.

FYI, frequency response is 65Hz-22000Hz according to their website specs, although higher than recommended for subliminals I prefer it be 24khz or higher. Hopefully if you buy from their website please fill out their suggestions form and suggest 24khz or higher frequency. Smile

P.S. I have a 10% dc I can give you if you decide to purchase this and through their website though I'm not sure if its cheaper if you are outside of US.

Hey thank you for replying

I've no idea how big the room is in which I will want to use this, as im going to be going to university and once there will know about the size of my apartment

My aims are to use it with my laptop to play music and the subs together or just the subs and also to use it when I go to sleep to play as I sleep through my phone.

Since you have brought up the sizes of room in which is is to be playing in, then just for precautions can you also recommend another model or brand that will be suitable for a larger room? and ofcourse 20 or 24kHz please?

Also I appreciate the kind gesture and would like that discount code please. I may order it from the USA or from another country if not the UK as I am moving to Europe mainland for my course.

thank you
(08-09-2015, 09:37 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]

The A5+ are bigger and are capable of filling a larger room. So if you want them for listening to music beyond a work office/study or bedroom, you'll want something that provides more power (50 Watts RMS/channel for A5+ vs 15 Watss RMS/channel for A2+).
(08-10-2015, 05:13 PM)AJK Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2015, 09:37 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]

The A5+ are bigger and are capable of filling a larger room. So if you want them for listening to music beyond a work office/study or bedroom, you'll want something that provides more power (50 Watts RMS/channel for A5+ vs 15 Watss RMS/channel for A2+).

Oh i see right okay im not sure until I move and find an apartment, then ill see and maybe share images on here to see what you think - thanks again mate