Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speaker Compatibility. 2 powered satellite speakers and subwoofer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have these speakers, they have a 2 powered satellite speakers and subwoofer. The freq. response is 50hz - 20Khz. Link to speakers

I want to use these for Ultrasonic and masked subs. Will these work, I'm concerned about the bass being split from a certain freq. between the 2 powered satellite speakers and subwoofer? I suppose to the human ear it all sounds the same and will not loose and freq. ranges.

Also how should I set up the speakers, is it important to have one either side of you? or can they just be used in the room, so long as you are in range of the audio?

Thanks for your help,
Andy
Hi,

The bass won't matter. These subs use the normal range of human speech with maskeds, and then higher up with ultrasonics.

For best effect, having on either side of your head is preferred. You will only know if they work by testing them with the speaker test mp3 and running an ultrasonic track and listening to hear anything. You should NOT hear anything if the speakers work, and the volume is not set too loud. Use Frequensee, a great phone app to set the volume properly. Don't go higher than -30db at the SOURCE for ultrasonics.
(08-06-2015, 07:52 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The bass won't matter. These subs use the normal range of human speech with maskeds, and then higher up with ultrasonics.

For best effect, having on either side of your head is preferred. You will only know if they work by testing them with the speaker test mp3 and running an ultrasonic track and listening to hear anything. You should NOT hear anything if the speakers work, and the volume is not set too loud. Use Frequensee, a great phone app to set the volume properly. Don't go higher than -30db at the SOURCE for ultrasonics.

Awesome, thanks CatMan. I ordered some of the creative CREATIVE A60 2.0, I'll set them up as you suggested on either side of the bed by my head. Will test with the free mp3 track, and volume setting guide in the manual.

Really looking forward to starting EPRHA.