Subliminal Talk

Full Version: What evidence is there that we hear Ultra Sonic audio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
This post isn't about hypnosis audio here but in general, those you can buy on Amazon too [won't name names but you know the popular subliminal ones]. I've been listening to self and subliminal hypnosis sessions or the last 2 weeks. Amongst that are ultra sonic audio sessions. I've been looking everywhere for actual evidence to say that although the ear drum doesn't register these frequencies on an audible level, it still transmits it to the brain, where the subconscious is subjected to it. Even then, if it can't understand it consciously, then how can the brain decipher the words into English? I'm not saying it's bogus, but I've found no evidence, either pro or against that it actually works. All I've come across is alot of maybe's but nothing factual or scientific.

I'm also dubious that mp3 format would retain these frequencies as it's a lossy codec. It's designed to delete all data for the sake of file space. If hypnosis files were in lossless flac or m4a then perhaps it would be more plausible. Anyway I'd much like some input from other people about this.

I'm very open minded but am worried it might all be a placebo. I would like to hear others thoughts on this.
Thank you.
(03-25-2011, 12:50 PM)b3lieve Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
This post isn't about hypnosis audio here but in general, those you can buy on Amazon too [won't name names but you know the popular subliminal ones]. I've been listening to self and subliminal hypnosis sessions or the last 2 weeks. Amongst that are ultra sonic audio sessions. I've been looking everywhere for actual evidence to say that although the ear drum doesn't register these frequencies on an audible level, it still transmits it to the brain, where the subconscious is subjected to it. Even then, if it can't understand it consciously, then how can the brain decipher the words into English? I'm not saying it's bogus, but I've found no evidence, either pro or against that it actually works. All I've come across is alot of maybe's but nothing factual or scientific.

I'm also dubious that mp3 format would retain these frequencies as it's a lossy codec. It's designed to delete all data for the sake of file space. If hypnosis files were in lossless flac or m4a then perhaps it would be more plausible. Anyway I'd much like some input from other people about this.

I'm very open minded but am worried it might all be a placebo. I would like to hear others thoughts on this.
Thank you.

You aren't the first, and you doubtless will not be the last to bring these points up.

The evidence that I have seen that we can "hear" ultrasonic audio is as follows:
  • Some people report being annoyed because they can hear it.
  • Most people respond with physical symptoms of illness (headache, nausea, irritability) if they listen to it too loud.
  • Subliminals built on it work.

I don't know if hearing is the right word, because I haven't yet been able to figure out the process by which they work myself. The best explanation I have found so far is that they are vibrating inner ear hairs, but even that has been intelligently disputed a time or two. How does it work? I don't know. Does it work? Absolutely.

As for mp3 format, it is a highly configurable format in which to record. The Microsoft way is to assume everyone is a moron, and then make everything as if that is true. It is much easier to make software that way, since then software companies don't have to deal with people who don't know what's going on as much. You doubtless are referring to the "I'll do everything for you" approach that results, which assumes you are only interested in minimizing file size, and couldn't appreciate high quality audio if you tried.

But for someone using professional audio software, as I do, there are many options not available to the typical end user. Such as the ability to specify the frequency bandwidth and control the amount of data that is lost.

Doesn't it seem likely that if I was offering programs that were ultrasonic, compressed as mp3 and they clipped off the pertinent data, that we wouldn't be in business very long? Believe me, people would notice. Placebo effect would far and away not support the reputation of such a business if we did stuff like that. And having a public forum on top of it would be an absolute disaster!

Part of why we have this forum is so that people can see unbiased user opinions and experiences without having to have faith in us to be honest before they try it. We are honest, but many people have been so badly treated by others in this field that they assume everyone is a scam artist. So, we do everything in our power to show you that we are not, and that our stuff works.

And then we offer very generous guarantees and refund policies. Just read the forum and ask around. The guys and gals will speak for themselves. Smile
thanks for replying quickly. i knew i was going to get a decent reply. i've been using the other popular brand of ultra sonic hypnosis sessions which don't really hold much support for me as there's no community or feedback on the net so I have no idea if it's bogus or how others have been changed by it or not. at best it could be a placebo.

(03-25-2011, 03:59 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]The evidence that I have seen that we can "hear" ultrasonic audio is as follows:
  • Some people report being annoyed because they can hear it.
  • Most people respond with physical symptoms of illness (headache, nausea, irritability) if they listen to it too loud.
  • Subliminals built on it work.

I must admit my ears feel some sort of slight pressure when playing the audio. This is only noticeable when played louder than normal. I can describe it like a low volume high pitch. Not quite like tinnitus but yeah.

I've purchased one from here and I can say that I can hear a pitch and some garbled but distinct noise of mutter from it when maxed out.
I had my ultra subs on while sleeping, and my son came barging through my door and went straight to turn it off my player because it was too loud and annoying for his sensitive ears.
Young people can hear it easy.
I have heard stories that after banning cell phones in class, kids started using ultra high freq. ring tones because so other kids could hear them, but teach couldn't-amazing.
I wish my ears were that good!
(03-25-2011, 06:56 PM)Boromir Wrote: [ -> ]I had my ultra subs on while sleeping, and my son came barging through my door and went straight to turn it off my player because it was too loud and annoying for his sensitive ears.
I have heard stories that after banning cell phones in class, kids started using ultra high freq. ring tones because so other kids could hear them, but teach couldn't-amazing.

does your son hear it as clear as normal audio, the actual words of the hypnotist or is it more of a pitched sound with a certain quality?
(03-25-2011, 06:56 PM)Boromir Wrote: [ -> ]I had my ultra subs on while sleeping, and my son came barging through my door and went straight to turn it off my player because it was too loud and annoying for his sensitive ears.
Haha Yeah!
I can remember that^^
There were 2 of them that people used, but not for ring tones but for the goal of irritating/anoying others! xD
One was just a high freq/pitch and the other one was the "Rocke/missile soooon landing-but never does". Teachers could not hear it, but all classmates was not very late to whine at you, so the teachers kind a still "noticed" it. lol
(03-25-2011, 07:24 PM)b3lieve Wrote: [ -> ]

does your son hear it as clear as normal audio, the actual words of the hypnotist or is it more of a pitched sound with a certain quality?

Two points here in response. First, hypnosis and subliminals are usually done separately, because they work in different ways. So the vocals on a subliminal aren't necessarily coming from a "hypnotist".

Second, as far as my research has taken me, even those with unusually sensitive high frequency hearing cannot make out the words if they are shifted into the umbra ultrasonic. However, that said, my programs are created using a series of specialized methods that make it difficult to understand the words consciously even if you could hear them without being made subliminal. The subconscious still understands it perfectly, and the technique makes for a much improved amount of information flowing into the listener's mind too.
(03-27-2011, 02:13 AM)SexyKorths Wrote: [ -> ]
Haha Yeah!
I can remember that^^
There were 2 of them that people used, but not for ring tones but for the goal of irritating/anoying others! xD
One was just a high freq/pitch and the other one was the "Rocke/missile soooon landing-but never does". Teachers could not hear it, but all classmates was not very late to whine at you, so the teachers kind a still "noticed" it. lol

it is like an irritating mosquito noise, I guess; and no, he can't hear words as Shannon has indicated.
There is nothing about MP3 that harms the high subliminal frequencies in preference to any other signal degradation you experience through compression. All it really takes to prove that is to open an MP3 format subliminal file, and re-shift it back into the audio range to see what you get.

I've done that with any number of files, and aside from making sure you amplify it if needed to have enough signal to work with, they've all been pretty much intact. You do, of course, need to set your decoding shift to match the upshift frequency. (That frequency should be readily identifiable through an analysis chart.)

Naturally, that doesn't speak to the mechanism by which it is perceived by the brain, but I'm wondering if there is some latent sensory mechanism in the human brain similar to that used by bats and cetaceans (dolphins and whales) that can accept this level of input.
Except that mp3 being lossy, it discards various audio at frequencies depending on the bitrate used in encoding.
(09-22-2012, 01:18 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Except that mp3 being lossy, it discards various audio at frequencies depending on the bitrate used in encoding.

That's more a function of the Nyquist limit of the sample bitrate than the compression mechanism. If your save process downsamples at the same time as it is compressing, you're just asking for trouble. For a decent subliminal in the 15k-20k band, you really need a sample rate over 40k - compressed or not.
All of this audio geekology is way over my head. :-)
Is it okay to listen to the subs in mp3 format? LOL

If not what format should be used?
There's nothing wrong with MP3 format itself as long as the proper care was taken in the files' preparation. Certainly it is safe. Worst possible case is that a particular file was down sampled into harmless static. Not impossible, mind you, but highly improbable.
Pages: 1 2