Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Unable To Keep Eye Contact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was not sure where to post this one, so I have posted it here, I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

This is a very strange problem I'm encountering! It may sound strange to readers but it is equally embarrassing to me and my life has turned into a hell. I cannot socialize, I cannot communicate effectively... everything is messed up.

My problem is that I am unable to directly look into people’s eyes when I am trying to converse with them. Embarrassingly, I find my eyes tend to indirectly look at people’s sexual parts, for example, breasts, thighs, penis and so on. This condition occurs with whoever I am having a conversation with, i.e., men, women, young, old, work colleagues friends and relatives. I have no real control over this and I have suffered from this condition for the past 6-7 years. It has generally got worse over time. I am 35 and in a stable and happy marriage and I do not believe that I have a sexual problem. I have, however, suffered from anxiety/stress/worry since I was about 28 or so. I am gradually bringing my anxiety under control but I would very much like to treat this problem as it would help treat my anxiety and enable me to socialize with people without fear. This has now entered into a vicious circle - anxiety creating this problem and this problem feeding anxiety.

I guess, I read somewhere in the forum, "the more you resist, it persist". I'm afraid my problem resembles the above line.

I would like to know and would appreciate inputs (from everyone on this forum & Shannon) what the problem is and how it can be treated. And I request Shannon to help me with any subliminal (existing or new one totally focused on this particular problem) that may help me in this regard?
I have searched the net and I'm sure there are innumerable people out there suffering from this problem. So a subliminal dedicated to this problem will be a huge relief and highly appreciated, Shannon?

Thank you.
Eternal
Try looking at their third eye (between the eyebrows).
(07-14-2015, 09:18 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Try looking at their third eye (between the eyebrows).

Yes, that's very effective tips.
There is a product I stumbled by called phenibut I was going to test that out but in the state I live in its illegal to ship here. Only in 3 it's for anxiety check that out. As far as nor looking people in the eye I have that problem but I think it's because I don't want to intimidate people . It feels as if I will see them for what they truly are so I look at them for a bit and then look away. Google eye contact secrets , you may find the root of it ; I personally don't really care.
Focus on one eye of the person you are talking to. Preferably their right eye. Make sure you focus on that eye's iris.

Here's an exercise:

Practice this on yourself in the mirror. Get as close to the mirror (about 3"), stare at your reflection's right eye. Notice its features: the color, contour, shape etc. Do this for 5 mins. Now move away (about 12") and repeat.

Once you got that going, repeat the whole thing while speaking an affirmation or more e.g. "I love myself". This is more difficult, as you will tend to look at the mouth or elsewhere while talking. Make sure to correct this.

Do this for 30 mins everyday. This tip is from Cory Skyy's magnetic mindset if you're interested.

I found that this habit is a symptom of having very low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, guilt/shame/fear from past mistakes and other internal issues. So practicing the above only make you consciously improve your impulse on these occasions.
(07-14-2015, 09:18 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Try looking at their third eye (between the eyebrows).

Some girls then asked me what i'm looking at. They felt as if i'm looking through them.
(07-15-2015, 01:07 PM)Vincent_Vega Wrote: [ -> ]

Some girls then asked me what i'm looking at. They felt as if i'm looking through them.

Really? I've never had that. How engaging are you in the convo?
He was asking for a subliminal to help with this. I would think Alpha Male 6.
Quote:I found that this habit is a symptom of having very low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, guilt/shame/fear from past mistakes and other internal issues. So practicing the above only make you consciously improve your impulse on these occasions.

I would have to tend to agree with this assessment.

I found that before I was truly comfortable and confident with myself, I tended to avoid eye contact, and look at people in ways that they interpreted as being unsettling, uncomfortable or inappropriate. It wasn't intended that way, it was just me being insecure and nervous, unsure how to handle the aggression of eye contact.

If your situation is like mine, then I'll tell you how I fixed it.

First, I ran Absolute Self Confidence. That made a nice change, and then I created Alpha Male from it and used that. There was a period of time during which I ran Sex Magnet, which made further improvements, and then I ran AM again.

My suggestion is to try that course of action. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, you have the option of Absolute Self Confidence, which is free, and/or Life Tune-Up, and/or Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear, or Overcoming Fear. Another free option is Emotional Healing & Pain Relief Aid.
-The order I would suggest is: EPRHA-->OF/OGSF-->ASC. Or you can go for multiple runs of AM6 if you can afford it.

-Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now helped me a lot with negative emotions, specially anxiety. Combine that with the above subs for greater effects.

-I am pretty sure you have low testosterone, anxiety/worry does that. Optimizing your T levels will definitely help with your eye contact and many other issues.

-A lot of people who tried PMO hard mode have testified that it solved their social anxiety. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/
Thanks Ace,

Social Anxiety is definitely one of the biggest challenge in my AM journey.
I thank you all for your inputs and valuable suggestions, especially - MannSchaft, enoch and Shannon. I believe everybody's suggestion will help me to overcome my problem.

I'm thinking of going by this route Shannon has suggested. I will try ASC first followed by Emotional Healing & Pain Relief Aid and then, may be, OF/OGSF and/or Life Tune-Up. CBT is also an option but, I think, an expert will be required to assist me with it, rather than experimenting it myself on me. The exercise suggested by enoch is also good one, in fact, I do it on my PC with some good pictures of different people, especially women, to gaze in their eyes. I also agree with enoch and Shannon that these may be the symptoms of low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, guilt/shame/fear from past mistakes and other internal issues as I have experienced the above from time to time.

But I would still insist Shannon to develop a dedicated subliminal in this direction if possible. I'm having this problem which seems to be single problem (eye contact) but it is a result of various issues mentioned above. I will have to use various subliminals free & paid for this single issue, so why not make a subliminal with all the features to tackle the core and the related issues all packed in one? I'm not sure how big and expensive that will be but I think compared to the combined prices of all the suggested subs and their scope this one will be definitely affordable and all in one subliminal. This is just a suggestion though, it is up to Shannon to decide as he is the expert. I will still use all the subliminals suggested to me and also keep a journal to note the changes.

I welcome all the suggestions and request you all to continue chiming in giving your valuable inputs and suggestions.

Eternal