Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Shannon, does changing the file name, tags and artist affect content?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, I was wondering whether changing the file name, artist, and tag affect the content of the sub itself? I want to rename it so that someone doesn't pick up my iPod and listen to that shit to find out what it is and get thrown off balance.
(05-08-2015, 01:23 PM)QuantumEnthusiast Wrote: [ -> ]As the title says, I was wondering whether changing the file name, artist, and tag affect the content of the sub itself? I want to rename it so that someone doesn't pick up my iPod and listen to that shit to find out what it is and get thrown off balance.

No it's not. I gave free versions of EHPRA to my gf and then 7 months on IYGASH (Improve your grade and study habit). She is doing better. I can see some change. I have changed all the time tags LOL . I don't want her to know the source of power Big Grin.
Hahahah the source of power xD Thanks for the info! I still need more confirmation though, hopefully a firsthand experience or a more technical answer from Shannon or someone else
File name, etc. are not part of the data stream, it's "outside". If you paint your house in another color it's still the same house, just painted in another color. If you change your name you would be still the same person. That's pretty similar.
(05-09-2015, 07:40 AM)QuantumEnthusiast Wrote: [ -> ]Hahahah the source of power xD Thanks for the info! I still need more confirmation though, hopefully a firsthand experience or a more technical answer from Shannon or someone else

I am quite sure on that cause it was me and Iceman I guess were asking the question and Shannon replied it. Until you don't have intention to pirate it or free use of it (except free sub), it's just fine. Moreover, my gf now replies me so slow and questions me almost on everything whereas before she never dares to ask even. She is getting more alpha I need to remove it from her phone as soon as I meet her LOL J/K . I was just thinking MAN ! I play 17/18 hours with headphone, calibration , 20hz so many precise technical things and she just put it on her headphone and BOOM !! :S 1 week too much scary change . Why the heck I don't get that much change weird :(
(05-09-2015, 08:30 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: [ -> ]File name, etc. are not part of the data stream, it's "outside". If you paint your house in another color it's still the same house, just painted in another color. If you change your name you would be still the same person. That's pretty similar.

nice analogy haha
Metadata (tags) does not affect the audio data if you change it. I prefer that tags not be changed, however.
(05-09-2015, 10:51 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Metadata (tags) does not affect the audio data if you change it. I prefer that tags not be changed, however.

Why's that?
Because the tags are important for identifying the files, displaying copyright info and giving credit where credit is due. I don't tag them for fun. Smile
(05-13-2015, 02:00 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Because the tags are important for identifying the files, displaying copyright info and giving credit where credit is due. I don't tag them for fun. Smile

Ahh haha yeah I understand. Oh and trust me, I'll personally give credit where it's due and guide my friends towards here once I get the results I seek Big Grin