Subliminal Talk

Full Version: calibrating ultrasonic through hearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can hear the ultra sonics clearly as a high-pitched sharp sound. And no it's not the crackling that appears when you turn the spreakers on too loudly or when the speaker isn't made for 20khz sounds.

If I turn it up too high it hurts my ears. So is my pain threshold a good way to calibrate the volume of ultrasonics? This way I can't turn it up as loud as I could bear masked tracks, but louder than it is recommended in the instructions.

Also isn't it safe to hear it through headphones for me? I can't really turn it up too loudly without noticing it as my ears would hurt the second I turn it up too high.
wahyu you didn't read my post properly. I know how to calibrate the speakers, and I know how it sounds when the speakers can't handle the ultrasonic. I mentioned it in my first post. I don't need somebody to repeat the instructions to me. I read them. multiple times.

If you can't hear high pitched sounds, please don't post as you don't know what I'm talking about. I definitely hear them, I even hear it on many electronic devices that produce them accidentally (e.g. my phone charger, it produces a sound that is even higher and sharper than the ultrasonic, I still hear it and I can tell the second that people plug it in, blindfolded. In fact people even tested me when I wasn't looking as they didn't beleive me as they couldn't hear anything.)

In my experience older people don't hear the ultrasonic subs at all, almost half of the young people do (the younger the more likely), and some young people hear even higher than that (like my charger). So it's not that uncommon.

This question is directed to people who know what I'm talking about as they're either hear ultrasonic themselves (and can share their experiences calibrating by ear) or Shannon (as he wrote the instructions for people who can't hear it and could complement it with instructions for people who do.)

Maybe for some reason I don't know but the Subliminal Creators knows I shouldn't turn them up as high as I know I can? That is my Question. If there isn't any reason why I shouldn't turn it up as high as I can I'll continue to calibrate by ear.
If calibration by instructions produces pain, then by all means, lower the volume. You should not be experiencing ear or head pain or nausea at any time when the volume is set properly. If it only hurts when you set the volume above what it is when you calibrate by the instructions, then use the volume set through calibration in the instructions.

Headphones are not recommended because it is easy to both over and undervolume a subliminal played on a persona device. I had a girlfriend years ago who accidentally hit the volume control and turned it to zero, and did not know this for about 30 days... but if you think you can handle it, that's your decision. Just be sure to make sure the volume is set properly at all times, and you experience no pain or nausea.