Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question for shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm just trying to get my ultrasonic to play as loud as possible without being uncomfortably or too loud, because I have tinnitus. I'm listening on this page right here: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-...ring-test/

I'm listening to that page so that I can see how loud it feels to my ears when it's at certain volumes, so that I can hear the volume loudness to see if it feels too loud or not. But I'm wondering, how close to -0db (negative zero decibels), do you mix your ultrasonic track's volume level at? Just so I can get an idea how it is relative to those high frequency tone generators on that link's website, and then I can feel out how loud I can put it. I'm just asking because my tinnitus has been a bit worse past week, and I think it might be the ultrasonic being too loud. I used the masked calibration method, but with that, I can't hear exactly how loud it is, since it's outside my hearing range. That's why I'm wondering how close to -0db you mix your ultrasonic track, so I can calibrate it with that hearing test site maybe more accurately than the masked method, since I'm almost 100% sure that the hearing test site has those tone generators at or right below -0db loudness.
Actually I just shifted the pitch down in my DAW to hear the relative volume. My listening volume wasn't that loud. So I don't think it was making my tinnitus worse. It just seemed worse because my sleep quality has been worse the past several days. Even on the few days I did NOT listen to any subs during sleep. I had trouble falling asleep, as if my mind couldn't shut down, and my body was restless; so as a result, i focused on the tinnitus more, thinking it was causing the worse sleep.
Nevermind, I think I might have realized what is causing my insomnia. I relapsed on computer gaming a few days ago, around the time I started having insomnia again. Hopefully this is the reason. Fuck computer games, gonna quit today and not get sucked back in. I've been off them for 5 months, need to stay focused. STAY FOCUSED. STAY FOCUSED!!!
To answer your question, the target peak volume is -6 dB.