Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ultrasonic on iPhone 5 speakers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shannon, do you know if listening to 5G Ultrasonics with iPhone 5 built-in speakers is ok? If I start working as a server, I might have to do that for the hours I'm at work, in order to keep up my listening times.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well I've just been using my iPod built-in speakers and setting the iPod beside my pillow at night with the AM6 Ultrasonic playing on repeat all night. I hope it's working! Smile
Even if the frequency response of the speakers is ok - I think Shannon recommends stereo playback...
I've never used an Ipod or Iphone 5 so I didn't know it was mono or stereo, but if it's stereo and more than 20 kHz frequency range, it is ok. Using the speaker mono will reduce some effects of subs.
I remember reading on this forum that the iPhone/iPod speaker is mono which means it won't work.
(05-02-2015, 12:55 PM)ffaux Wrote: [ -> ]I remember reading on this forum that the iPhone/iPod speaker is mono which means it won't work.

Unfortunately it's true. So it's only usable for PSE and X124.
ah ok, also, i just found these on amazon, which are wireless pocket speakers, looks like it would work perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I7PMZCG/ref=...CXEA&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AYLDSU/ref=...KUQH&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/NudeAudio-Bluetoot...9JEKYRG6Y5
The first one is definitely mono, the description of the second one says it's stereo but there is only one speaker Huh, don't know how this could work... And there are no infos about the frequency range. Personally, I am not a fan of bluetooth, because it uses (lossy) compression for transmission, but people here seemed to get results anyway.
Added a 3rd.
(05-02-2015, 03:57 PM)dissonance Wrote: [ -> ]Added a 3rd.

Well, that's better, but still no data about frequency range. Maybe you should contact the company and ask them about it.

@wahyu: This one is probably too big to put it into your pocket.
Just found out the ipod/iphone 5 has a frequency response 20kHz-20,000kHz and the built in speaker is stereo so it's all good.
The speaker is not stereo on the iPhone 5 (just one speaker, the other one is the microphone), you can only listen stereo with earbuds (or a docking station).
(05-04-2015, 11:26 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: [ -> ]The speaker is not stereo on the iPhone 5 (just one speaker, the other one is the microphone), you can only listen stereo with earbuds (or a docking station).

It is stereo just comes from the same speaker if that makes sense probably not as powerful than if you used seperate speakers that have some distance between them but it definitely is stereo I played hypnosis tracks through the built in speaker which has dual induction so two voices are playing at the same time from different speakers/earphones and you can hear it clearly. It's stereo speakers just built into one space with small gap between them.
a mono would play both those voices too, mono is just the L and R channels mashed into one. I think maybe the only way to tell is asking Apple. I can't find anything online about it
Pages: 1 2