Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Overcome Pride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder what is in the ego balancer but I was thinking the other day if instructing the mind to release and let go of pride wouldn't be much more effective? Pride is sometimes misunderstood as a positive but all it really does is keep us and stuck in our current achievements as a compensation for our insecurities.

Thoughts?
I'm curious.. What do you believe would happen if people had no pride in workmanship. A perfect example is if Shannon didn't REALLY care about if he released a good product or not. It depends on what the motivation behind the pride is.
I think he would progress faster because he would have no attachments to the work he's already done.
I would have to say that pride is only a symptom of the aforementioned insecurity. Sure you could temporarily put a band aid on it, but it wouldn't help you much in long term. There's a lot of subs for removing symptoms and there's a few subs that really tackle your core issues after which you naturally overcome these symptoms. Even ASC, I have to admit is a symptom reliever not something that works on your core like EPRHA or AM6.