Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Plan to start AM6. Need input guys and Shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! Big Grin So I've been thinking as I've seen changes and results with ASC and after reading the journals and feedback on AM6, I'm going to get it. I want to get started on it as soon as possible. Also I won't be doing SM or WM, or any other sub for that matter till I've run AM at least 2 times. I plan on keeping a journal on it and updating everyone on my progress, hopefully over the year of AM6. Probably not a daily one, but hopefully not too far apart; around once or twice a week, or whenever I get the chance to update.

What I was wondering is do I need to stop ASC and wait before starting AM6 or can I move on to AM6 straight away?

Another thing is that, I've been making changes on my own over the last year or so. I've been to a therapist to talk over my shit with and she's helped me a lot. I've also been reading a lot of self development books/articles and have come a LONG way. I was a introverted guy with lots of confidence and esteem issues. I first got into PUA then realized it wasn't really helping but all it was doing was giving me an ego and a persona to hide behind to avoid all the real causes of my issues. Now I've come a long way since that and developed myself to an extent I'm becoming an 'Alpha' on my own.

I compared a lot of the feedback and journals from here with my developments and there are so many similarities.
- Resistance to bulls**t, then understanding and realizing I don't have to even get angry at people's bulls**t because that itself is giving my power away to them. I realized that they use the bulls**t as a way to cope with life and wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain.

- I've come to realize who I AM, what kind of life I want to create and live in. No specific career goal yet, but I know I want to be an entrepreneur, have my own kingdom and be free to be the best version of myself I can be. Smile

- I've shed away a lot of things that create anxiety and low self worth. I now believe in myself and trust myself, not to the extent I want to but miles ahead of where I used to be.

And other things that people have gotten from AM. I don't want to go into details now because I just want to clarify something related to AM6.

I noticed that a lot of people had breakdowns with AM6 in certain stages. I went through major depression and fought out of it. My question is, I've come a long way in developing myself, therefore, I want to know if AM6 would send me through a depression or a drop again before I start making progress? I want to use it to solidify what I've been developing and get started on creating the life I want and a career, so another blow of depression wouldn't be the best thing for me. Honestly, I doubt it would send me into low states or depression, but I want to see your input on it. Smile

I'd REALLY appreciate your feedback guys, specially you Shannon, need your input on this. Thanks! Smile
(04-28-2015, 10:54 AM)QuantumEnthusiast Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys! Big Grin So I've been thinking as I've seen changes and results with ASC and after reading the journals and feedback on AM6, I'm going to get it. I want to get started on it as soon as possible. Also I won't be doing SM or WM, or any other sub for that matter till I've run AM at least 2 times. I plan on keeping a journal on it and updating everyone on my progress, hopefully over the year of AM6. Probably not a daily one, but hopefully not too far apart; around once or twice a week, or whenever I get the chance to update.

What I was wondering is do I need to stop ASC and wait before starting AM6 or can I move on to AM6 straight away?

Another thing is that, I've been making changes on my own over the last year or so. I've been to a therapist to talk over my shit with and she's helped me a lot. I've also been reading a lot of self development books/articles and have come a LONG way. I was a introverted guy with lots of confidence and esteem issues. I first got into PUA then realized it wasn't really helping but all it was doing was giving me an ego and a persona to hide behind to avoid all the real causes of my issues. Now I've come a long way since that and developed myself to an extent I'm becoming an 'Alpha' on my own.

I compared a lot of the feedback and journals from here with my developments and there are so many similarities.
- Resistance to bulls**t, then understanding and realizing I don't have to even get angry at people's bulls**t because that itself is giving my power away to them. I realized that they use the bulls**t as a way to cope with life and wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain.

- I've come to realize who I AM, what kind of life I want to create and live in. No specific career goal yet, but I know I want to be an entrepreneur, have my own kingdom and be free to be the best version of myself I can be. Smile

- I've shed away a lot of things that create anxiety and low self worth. I now believe in myself and trust myself, not to the extent I want to but miles ahead of where I used to be.

And other things that people have gotten from AM. I don't want to go into details now because I just want to clarify something related to AM6.

I noticed that a lot of people had breakdowns with AM6 in certain stages. I went through major depression and fought out of it. My question is, I've come a long way in developing myself, therefore, I want to know if AM6 would send me through a depression or a drop again before I start making progress? I want to use it to solidify what I've been developing and get started on creating the life I want and a career, so another blow of depression wouldn't be the best thing for me. Honestly, I doubt it would send me into low states or depression, but I want to see your input on it. Smile

I'd REALLY appreciate your feedback guys, specially you Shannon, need your input on this. Thanks! Smile

Yes it can send into a bout depression and sense of futility , and subconscious anger, the women at my job use ask my what was wrong bc I looked sad. Around STG 3.
(04-28-2015, 02:10 PM)iRRepLaceaBLe Wrote: [ -> ]Shannon will be the one who will give you the best answer.

yes it will thats why i am afraid to use am6 or any am again
@AfzalG IMO AM6 increases the chance of getting fired in many occasions for sure.it's simple.but the solution could be kind of "Smart Aura" something like the aura in BASE.that makes you more likeable instead of being dominant.so in situations that being dominant is not best option it switches to something else

AM7 may be released in 2017 or later but i think this change can help it A LOT.to be more safer to use.
(04-29-2015, 09:32 AM)MJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]@AfzalG IMO AM6 increases the chance of getting fired in many occasions for sure.it's simple.but the solution could be kind of "Smart Aura" something like the aura in BASE.that makes you more likeable instead of being dominant.so in situations that being dominant is not best option it switches to something else

AM7 may be released in 2017 or later but i think this change can help it A LOT.to be more safer to use.

I rather be more dominant and likeable only towards who deserves it, imo.
It really depends on where you are with your growth. As far as I've seen from people's journals and my own experience: if there's a lot of trauma and scars inside you that haven't been dealt with, AM can be hell. If you feel good about yourself then the ride should be relatively fun.
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! Big Grin

That's unfortunate Afzal, isn't there any way for you to work around the issues?

(04-29-2015, 10:09 AM)Natious Wrote: [ -> ]It really depends on where you are with your growth. As far as I've seen from people's journals and my own experience: if there's a lot of trauma and scars inside you that haven't been dealt with, AM can be hell. If you feel good about yourself then the ride should be relatively fun.

Ahh man thanks for this. I was thinking along those lines as well. Since it brings up a lot of issues that haven't been dealt with, it makes sense that the less issues you have the smoother the ride will be. Thanks Smile

(04-29-2015, 10:53 AM)iRRepLaceaBLe Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing wrong with having an aura of
dominance. And an aura of sexiness.
Guys, let me ask you - what if your boss is a woman ?Great for you! It is great for your boss to be in love with you ... well,it depends.
What's more ,you saaid that AM would get you in trouble with your boss.While this is true, you have to consider something else.Do you want your boss to respect you ,or do you want him to treat you like you are nobody ? I ,personally , would want my boss to respect me. Respect for respect, it's mutual.

Hahaha yeah it could be very interesting if the boss is a woman :p However, I agree with you, you aren't being fair to yourself by working under someone that disrespects you and treat you like crap.
Hmm is there any way someone can check up on Shannon? Is he alright? Last I saw was that he was sick. He hasn't been on or responded to anything for about 2 days now. Hope he's alright.
(05-02-2015, 11:11 PM)QuantumEnthusiast Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm is there any way someone can check up on Shannon? Is he alright? Last I saw was that he was sick. He hasn't been on or responded to anything for about 2 days now. Hope he's alright.

I'm sure he's fine, he sometimes goes AWOL for a few weeks even.
Shannon tries to take a couple days off each week. :-) Working for too long at a time burns him out, and burned out Shannon is not productive.

I am over the cold, thanks for the concern. Just take Sat and Sunday off.

As for the depression, AM is a very challenging program. It does not cause depression, but it can cause subconscious conflict that may result in depression under certain circumstances and for some people. Basically what happens is that it is effectively forcing growth, and if you are stuck on a fear, that growth may be very upsetting. If you are terrified of something, but the growth is happening and you have to face it, prior to facing and overcoming that fear it can trigger a feeling of hopelessness to resist, which can become conscious as a form of depression.

That can also happen when you have invested heavily in a self identity that is being overwritten by the programming. If you identify as "loser" and the program is forcing you to become a "winner", the loss of the existing self identity can be scary and hopelessness in maintaining it may result until the transition is made.

Depression can result from self sabotage. If you experience depression, the subconscious may be able to get you to avoid making certain changes, and therefore, homeostasis is preserved. It's about like making a pilot fly to a different location by putting a gun to his head.

Finally, depression can result if you are being pushed to do, experience and/or express something that conflicts with another "section of code" you are running. If you are being told to refuse to accept being manipulated by women, and mom always manipulates you, you may have the program telling you to stand up for yourself. But at the same time, you may have programming running that says you cannot do that because it would be breaking another rule, which is, never disrespect your mother. This sort of "between a rock and a hard place" situation can also result in feelings of hopelessness and depression.

The goal is to grow, not stagnate. Obviously we don't want you to hurt yourself. But if you face depression because of the program, it's because you're being pushed to outgrow a rut.

Will you experience depression if you run AM? I cannot know. Some do, some do not. It depends on where you are, what you need, and what your circumstances are.

The more you run it, though, the less depression you'll experience because you'll outgrow the causes of it (if it is triggered by the growth process of the programming).
(05-04-2015, 07:43 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Shannon tries to take a couple days off each week. :-) Working for too long at a time burns him out, and burned out Shannon is not productive.

I am over the cold, thanks for the concern. Just take Sat and Sunday off.

As for the depression, AM is a very challenging program. It does not cause depression, but it can cause subconscious conflict that may result in depression under certain circumstances and for some people. Basically what happens is that it is effectively forcing growth, and if you are stuck on a fear, that growth may be very upsetting. If you are terrified of something, but the growth is happening and you have to face it, prior to facing and overcoming that fear it can trigger a feeling of hopelessness to resist, which can become conscious as a form of depression.

That can also happen when you have invested heavily in a self identity that is being overwritten by the programming. If you identify as "loser" and the program is forcing you to become a "winner", the loss of the existing self identity can be scary and hopelessness in maintaining it may result until the transition is made.

Depression can result from self sabotage. If you experience depression, the subconscious may be able to get you to avoid making certain changes, and therefore, homeostasis is preserved. It's about like making a pilot fly to a different location by putting a gun to his head.

Finally, depression can result if you are being pushed to do, experience and/or express something that conflicts with another "section of code" you are running. If you are being told to refuse to accept being manipulated by women, and mom always manipulates you, you may have the program telling you to stand up for yourself. But at the same time, you may have programming running that says you cannot do that because it would be breaking another rule, which is, never disrespect your mother. This sort of "between a rock and a hard place" situation can also result in feelings of hopelessness and depression.

The goal is to grow, not stagnate. Obviously we don't want you to hurt yourself. But if you face depression because of the program, it's because you're being pushed to outgrow a rut.

Will you experience depression if you run AM? I cannot know. Some do, some do not. It depends on where you are, what you need, and what your circumstances are.

The more you run it, though, the less depression you'll experience because you'll outgrow the causes of it (if it is triggered by the growth process of the programming).

Ahhh sounds good to me, productive Shannon is a good Shannon Big Grin I'm glad you're feeling better!

Hmm yeah that sounds reasonable. I can understand that, which is why I mentioned I've worked past many of my issues.

"If you are being told to refuse to accept being manipulated by women, and mom always manipulates you, you may have the program telling you to stand up for yourself. But at the same time, you may have programming running that says you cannot do that because it would be breaking another rule, which is, never disrespect your mother"

Hahahah oh man it's funny that you mention this because this is one thing I used to have problems with a lot. I learned my neediness from her I believe. The thing is I've worked past these issues with being manipulated, and I'm in the process of strengthening them. However, most of my family members keep telling me I'm selfish and my parents (specially mom) keep saying they've worked hard to get to where we are now and it was all for me. I have a very hard time accepting that it's all for me. I tell them to do what makes THEM happy, yet they keep giving me shit about how I'M not MAKING them happy and don't do what makes them happy. I have to say it's part of the culture here, people here believe they do everything for their kids and in return they should do, and be what and how they expect them to be; god forbid if they decide to do their own thing, what makes them happy and be independent, they are selfish and ungrateful for EVERYTHING the parents have done for them.
Because of this s**t that I keep getting even though I've worked past most of it, I believe I still have subconscious beliefs that are attached to guilt, and shame when it comes to this. Every time, I decide to do something on my own, make money, move out and be independent, I get excited but within a couple of days it dies down and I don't have the drive anymore to push through. I believe it's the guilt and shame attached with becoming my own person but in the eyes of my culture I'm 'selfish' and my subconscious mind holds on to this. I mean doing something on my own is hard enough as it is, I can't have this s**t bringing me down as well.
I really, REALLY hope that the sub helps me to breakthrough this, because I KNOW I'm close to breaking through it. I can feel it. Every single time my mom says some s**t that I know is to guilt trip me, pushes me even more to want to get the fuck away. I mean, I love them as people, I feel their pain because I know they are inflicting it upon themselves by not working through their issues, but I can't continue to live my life trying to put up with their s**t and consoling with issues that never end because they don't understand the depth of it and only treat the symptoms with superficial shit.

Sorry for the rant hahaha Big Grin I just had to release all of that :p But yeah, I've felt like I was confined since the age of 7, by my overprotective, possessive and needy mother; now I don't blame her, I understand that from her perspective she's right and she's like this because of how she grew up and what she went through. This doesn't mean I can continue to live a confined life, without fully being myself, expressing myself, being free, independent and living the life I WANT to live.

F**k I guess there was a bit more left :p My apologies again to whoever ends up reading that Big Grin I am looking forward to kicking a$$ with this sub.
Oh yeah, I don't believe you answered if I need to take time off of ASC before starting AM6? Unless "Just take Sat and Sunday off.", was meant for me?
Just take sat and sun off is what I do every week. :-) Prevents burnout.

You can go straight from ASC to AM6. If you want the ASC code to "settle", better to give it a week. If you want to get started with AM6, you can jump right in.

As for your culture, there is a balance point that you need to find. In your culture family is very important, but it is unfortunately held together with guilt, shame and fear. In my culture, family means next to nothing, and everyone is in it for themselves. Neither one is the ideal. What you want to do is find the balance between doing for yourself and living for yourself, and having a healthy family and valuing both at the right amounts to keep them both optimally healthy and successful. I wish my culture valued family and "other people" more, but I know well what you're talking about because my grandmother was just like that. I wasn't even 16 when I started calling her out on her guilt trips and emotional manipulation crap. It got that bad. To this very day I refuse to allow anyone to emotionally manipulate me because of what she tried to do. Loved her to death, but that's not acceptable.

Guilt trips and shame only work so long as you allow them to work. They also only work as long as you base your thinking through your emotions. When you really start to use your brain, it becomes blaringly obvious that logically, it makes no sense to feel bad because your parents are doing things that put them in a position that is bad for them, because that is their choice. And it is very likely true that they are doing it intentionally, specifically to be able to manipulate you through guilt, shame and fear.

I dealt with my grandmother by immediately pointing out in no uncertain terms that she was trying to guilt trip me, and exactly how. Then I told her that I love her, but I will not allow myself to be emotionally manipulated, and that that is not love, it's an attempt to control me. When you spell it out for them like this, and your logic is sound, they have nowhere to hide. They have two options at that point:

1. Stop.
2. Dive deeper into the delusion that results in them do it in the first place, double down and try even harder.

And the harder they try to do it, the more you hit them with the cold hard logical facts - always calmly, but firmly. Stay in control of yourself at all times. It helps to point out, by contrast, how ridiculous they are being in some cases. My grandmother stopped eventually because she realized that her 16 year old grandson was being more mature than she was, and the whole family was watching this happen. It was a little embarrassing for her, as well it should have been.

Once she "got it", an grew out of that, we had a great relationship.
(05-05-2015, 03:08 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Just take sat and sun off is what I do every week. :-) Prevents burnout.

You can go straight from ASC to AM6. If you want the ASC code to "settle", better to give it a week. If you want to get started with AM6, you can jump right in.

As for your culture, there is a balance point that you need to find. In your culture family is very important, but it is unfortunately held together with guilt, shame and fear. In my culture, family means next to nothing, and everyone is in it for themselves. Neither one is the ideal. What you want to do is find the balance between doing for yourself and living for yourself, and having a healthy family and valuing both at the right amounts to keep them both optimally healthy and successful. I wish my culture valued family and "other people" more, but I know well what you're talking about because my grandmother was just like that. I wasn't even 16 when I started calling her out on her guilt trips and emotional manipulation crap. It got that bad. To this very day I refuse to allow anyone to emotionally manipulate me because of what she tried to do. Loved her to death, but that's not acceptable.

Guilt trips and shame only work so long as you allow them to work. They also only work as long as you base your thinking through your emotions. When you really start to use your brain, it becomes blaringly obvious that logically, it makes no sense to feel bad because your parents are doing things that put them in a position that is bad for them, because that is their choice. And it is very likely true that they are doing it intentionally, specifically to be able to manipulate you through guilt, shame and fear.

I dealt with my grandmother by immediately pointing out in no uncertain terms that she was trying to guilt trip me, and exactly how. Then I told her that I love her, but I will not allow myself to be emotionally manipulated, and that that is not love, it's an attempt to control me. When you spell it out for them like this, and your logic is sound, they have nowhere to hide. They have two options at that point:

1. Stop.
2. Dive deeper into the delusion that results in them do it in the first place, double down and try even harder.

And the harder they try to do it, the more you hit them with the cold hard logical facts - always calmly, but firmly. Stay in control of yourself at all times. It helps to point out, by contrast, how ridiculous they are being in some cases. My grandmother stopped eventually because she realized that her 16 year old grandson was being more mature than she was, and the whole family was watching this happen. It was a little embarrassing for her, as well it should have been.

Once she "got it", an grew out of that, we had a great relationship.

Wow Shannon thanks a lot for taking the time to write all that and share your perspective as well as experience. It further affirmed that I'm not doing anything wrong.

The thing is you're absolutely right, it's about achieving a balance which is exactly what's not possible with how my family members, specially mom, have been brought up. In all honesty, almost all the relatives and family members I am aware of are unwise when it comes to this. They speak and are friendly today and then don't talk to each other or avoid each other over silly disputes instead of seeing how trivial these things are. Mostly because their expectations aren't met, such as them not receiving help when they need it; doesn't try to understand what the person they are seeking help from might be going through, instead judgments are made. They all lack the understanding and live and act with the mindset of "what would they say or think", they being society and other people. They don't really have a profound bond as a family, just superficial crap.

Hahahah I completely understand how it must have been with your grandmother. I'm glad to hear your relationship has been sorted and is healthy! Big Grin I tried to do the same with my mom for the past 3-4 years but it just doesn't work because I thought I could change her then focus on my life while having a healthy family life. It doesn't work this way sadly.
Like you said, I'm going to start living for myself and doing for myself first and then focus on how to balance the both. Otherwise, just like it's been for the past 2 years, I won't be able to do either of the two. When I'm not depending, I won't be manipulated and they'll either have to accept who I am and be part of my life or try to manipulate me and watch me keep my distance till they understand. My mom even tells me to stop trying to fix and instead work on my future instead, but I know that if I worked on my future and my family members or my mom doesn't change, I'll peace out and keep my distance. I didn't want that to happen which is why I was so attached to changing her, but now I'm done with that bulls**t. I'll become independent and work on the life I want and they can deal with it or not.

F**ck man I keep writing essays hahaha Big Grin I'm grateful for your feedback Shannon. I purchased AM6 today. I will let the ASC sink in a bit more before I start AM6, it's been two days since I stopped. Can't WAIT to start AM6 though :p So damn excited Big Grin