Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Clamshell's ongoing speaker saga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I went to Best Buy to buy some speakers for my mp3 players. I went looking for an X-Mini 2 speaker(s), but ended up bringing home a pair of iHome iHM77 Rechargeable Mini Speakers, because it was posted at the Best Buy as maxing at 20kHz. I sent an email last night to the company and they said it really maxes out at 18kHz (I got the email this morning).

However, I was depressed last night before going to bed. But, before going to bed, I started my subliminals while using the speaker. And all night long I was feeling very good! Even though I spent most of the night staring at the ceiling--because I might have drank too much caffeine the day before.

Anyway, despite the subs being played on a subpar system (they were the silent tracks), I still got feelings of euphoria. And I was thinking about the subject matter all the time I was laying awake. I noticed that I would have feelings that I could be, do, or have anything. Then I'd check the mp3 player to see what track would be playing, and it would be the Ultra Success track. However, I was thinking about having lots of sexy girlfriends as the other track was Become Irresistibly Attractive To Beautiful Women. I was thinking about having lots of sexy girlfriends during both tracks. But I felt "unlimited" during the Ultra Success track.

To be fair, I have read Abraham-Hicks material, and their idea of reaching for the best feeling thought to get you out of a funk is something I practice and it works. I did try some of that last night. However, I thought is was interesting that the thoughts I had going through my mind all last night were what I suspect were in the subliminals. I would have thought about the subliminals, anyway, but I probably wouldn't have had the euphoria that I had if I were just thinking about them. And I'm surprised that it occurred on speakers that shouldn't be able to play the subliminals well. So, I guess I'm wondering if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, or that I was actually getting something out of the subs?

Either way, I'm taking my speakers back this evening and getting one I know will probably work (assuming they have it in stock): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%...Id=8453407

Which also happens to be less expensive than the iHome speakers.
I am pleased to hear you are getting the results you are, as those results are typical of a genuine effect from the subliminals on someone who is receptive. To be specific, the reason I don't want people using speakers that can "mostly" play the subliminals (18 kHz instead of 20) is for quality and safety reasons. Quality means I don't want my customers to not get what they paid me for because their speakers are not properly reproducing the script as it is spoken, and safety in that if the speakers are poor enough quality, they may not reproduce the audio in ways that are properly understood, which could lead to misinterpreted words, statements or even sentences.

I may be conservative with this, but safety is important to me. So please do return them and get some that are rated for 20 kHz. And avoid the company that lied to you in the future about their product!

Man, I am really surprised at these increasingly common sub-standard specs on reasonably priced models...
I got my new speakers yesterday. They're the ones that are hyperlinked in my above post.

I have a question about the ocean wave subs. Do they work at the same ranges as the silent subs? My new speakers are rated 80Hz-20kHz. I was wondering if the masked subs need a lower Hz or not, as I'm played both the masked and silent tracks?

I'm really glad to hear that the results I'm getting, initially, are the results I'm supposed to be getting--even with substandard speakers. I can hardly wait to see what changes are going to occur in my life in the following weeks. In fact, I'm contemplating on keeping a weekly log for noticeable results. Basically, I want to see what interesting and fascinating ways the universe will arrange itself to comply with my new standards. As well as what new habits and whatnot I pick up in the course of listening to the subs. I wonder if that's a good idea?
The masked track uses audio from the normal range of speech, which is primarily under 4.5 kHz. The speakers you got are perfectly fine for masked subliminals. Masked subliminals, in fact, will work played on any frequency response range you will find, as long as they are stereo, not mono.

I like your idea of keeping a journal. Please do. I would love to see how that goes. Would you like me to create a sub-forum for people to use as a journal so you can use the forum for that?
A subforum for journal keeping would be nice. I think that would be helpful, so people can see what results other people are getting and could offer suggestions, or just know they are on the right track.