Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speaker Frequency Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently bought a speaker and it says it is 20hz-20khz but i am not sure they might be lying. So i ran the test and if i turn volume up to 3rd level from my phone(and to highest level on speaker) i dont hear any statics etc but if i turn it up i hear them. Same thing happens on earphone too i ran the test file with earphone and turning it higher gives the same result. And even phones own speaker gives the same reaction. Anyway how can i be sure about my speaker's frequency?
Play a trickling stream at a comfortable sound level, next play the track ocean surf, make sure you can still hear the lowest point. Next play track ultrasonic, if you hear the static sound. That means your speakers did not support the ultrasonic.

Because if you set the volume too loud, it'll make you can hear ultrasonic sound or (you've got sensitive hearing).
I downloaded frequensee and it seems like they were lying Sad Is there any chance to use my earphones though? I mean i am not going to wear them i will just turn the volume up and listen to it from outside. Because my earphones frequencies upper limit is good enough.

Edit: I am sure that my earphones meets the frequency requirements. But when i turn volume up too much it gives me crackling sounds. Does that mean subliminals become useless? I am planing to use earphones like speakers i will turn volume up at highest and listen to it when i sleep without wearing it. So is the purpose of turning the volume down when there is a crackling sound, is to avoid hearing them because it can disturb me when i listen to it or will it make subs useless?
If you use headphones, I strongly recommend masked format. Too easy to overvolume ultrasonics.
(04-20-2015, 09:13 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If you use headphones, I strongly recommend masked format. Too easy to overvolume ultrasonics.

What happens if i overvolume ultrasonics? And in case didnt understand what i was saying, i put earphones next to my bed bed and turn the volume up so i listen to it like it is a speaker.
The ultrasonics can damage hearing if played to loud
(04-21-2015, 07:36 AM)koshas Wrote: [ -> ]The ultrasonics can damage hearing if played to loud

But i wont wear earphones and earphones reduce noise. I will listen to it from outside.

Edit: My question is what happens when there is a crackling sound or static because of the high volume does it make subs useless?
(04-21-2015, 07:42 AM)xslayerx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2015, 07:36 AM)koshas Wrote: [ -> ]The ultrasonics can damage hearing if played to loud

But i wont wear earphones and earphones reduce noise. I will listen to it from outside.

Edit: My question is what happens when there is a crackling sound or static because of the high volume does it make subs useless?

It does not really make much sense to play them through headphones you are not wearing.

That aside, if you have speaker distortion, you're not going to get clear subliminal audio at the same time.
Hey guys,

Quick question. What are we supposed to set be looking for in the frequency output? Mine has a long squiggly bar bouncing around 90 and 70, then when it gets to around 17-20khz it spikes up to about 25-30dB which I believe is good.

Someone mentioned if you get static then it's not working. I can't hear anything unless I put the speakers of my phone right up to my ear. And then it's just a low buzz/hum. Is that okay?