Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Body image - Appearance Subliminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've ran through both the Alpha Male set and Women Magnet and this, for me, is the one remaining discomfort that won't fully go away. Women Magnet actually helped a lot with this. Affirmations like: "I am now absolutely, irresistibly sexy" really helped with this (actually an affirmation from Aura of Sexiness, but I imagine Women Magnet would have similar affirmations) but sexy is still, not directly, about appearance - you can feel sexy without associating that sexiness to your appearance, you can feel sexy despite what you think about your appearance. And that is what happened for me; I became a Women Magnet because I was happy about my confidence, humor, personality, intelligence, and other traits. I actually felt like a Women Magnet because of my appearance - on some days anyway. I had moments - probably once a fortnight - where I'd think I was the best looking man on earth, then the next day the worst. It's this fluctuation I'd like to get this balanced and under control.

I've been taking 2 drops of Crab Apple Bach drops, morning and night, for about 4 months now, and they've had a slow, but steady impact on how I feel about my looks. I really think a Subliminal could kick this into touch once and for all though. to fat, to thin, to tall, to short, to pale, to tanned, I imagine most - if not all - people have insecurities about their appearance like that which our holding them back. For me it is more specific about my face, I think affirmations like, "I have an attractive, good looking, face" and "Every day I feel better and better about the way I look, because every day I get more and more good looking" would really help soothe the fluctuation. I don't want to self-delude myself into thinking I'm a super model, whilst not actually being aware of how I actually look (for better or worse) I just want to take the emotion out of body image fluctuation and get a more objective view.

I totally appreciate that Shannon and Andrew are way, way, too busy building 6 Stage set's and other 4G rebuild's before requests are taken into account - so I'm not asking for this now, just making the request heard for when the backlog has died down a bit. And if it isn't a title that anyone else would be interested in, I'd be happy to order it as a custom sub once customs are up and running again.

Another thing; I know I've posted this in the Men's request section, but I would imagine the script would be unisex. In fact, it would probably prove more popular with Women. The Body Shop once ran a survey asking Women to answer, 'never', 'occasionally', 'often', or 'always' if they felt uncomfortable about their appearance, in the situations listed below. It shows how we feel about how we look can have a big impact on our well being, and how we feel in numerous situations. I think it would be a popular sub.

At social gatherings where I know few people
When I look at myself in the mirror
When I am with attractive people
When someone looks at parts of my appearance that I dislike
When I try on new clothes
When I exercise
After I have eaten a full meal
When I am wearing revealing clothes
When I get on the scale to weigh myself
When I think someone has rejected me
When I am in a sexual situation
When I am in a bad mood
When I think about how I looked when I was younger
When I see myself in a photo or on video
When I think I've gained weight
When I think about what I wished I looked like
When I recall hurtful things people have said about my appearance
When I am with people who talk about weight or dieting
When I look at fashion magazines
When I think about going on holiday
(02-15-2011, 02:38 PM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]I've ran through both the Alpha Male set and Women Magnet and this, for me, is the one remaining discomfort that won't fully go away. Women Magnet actually helped a lot with this. Affirmations like: "I am now absolutely, irresistibly sexy" really helped with this (actually an affirmation from Aura of Sexiness, but I imagine Women Magnet would have similar affirmations) but sexy is still, not directly, about appearance - you can feel sexy without associating that sexiness to your appearance, you can feel sexy despite what you think about your appearance. And that is what happened for me; I became a Women Magnet because I was happy about my confidence, humor, personality, intelligence, and other traits. I actually felt like a Women Magnet because of my appearance - on some days anyway. I had moments - probably once a fortnight - where I'd think I was the best looking man on earth, then the next day the worst. It's this fluctuation I'd like to get this balanced and under control.

I've been taking 2 drops of Crab Apple Bach drops, morning and night, for about 4 months now, and they've had a slow, but steady impact on how I feel about my looks. I really think a Subliminal could kick this into touch once and for all though. to fat, to thin, to tall, to short, to pale, to tanned, I imagine most - if not all - people have insecurities about their appearance like that which our holding them back. For me it is more specific about my face, I think affirmations like, "I have an attractive, good looking, face" and "Every day I feel better and better about the way I look, because every day I get more and more good looking" would really help soothe the fluctuation. I don't want to self-delude myself into thinking I'm a super model, whilst not actually being aware of how I actually look (for better or worse) I just want to take the emotion out of body image fluctuation and get a more objective view.

I totally appreciate that Shannon and Andrew are way, way, too busy building 6 Stage set's and other 4G rebuild's before requests are taken into account - so I'm not asking for this now, just making the request heard for when the backlog has died down a bit. And if it isn't a title that anyone else would be interested in, I'd be happy to order it as a custom sub once customs are up and running again.

Another thing; I know I've posted this in the Men's request section, but I would imagine the script would be unisex. In fact, it would probably prove more popular with Women. The Body Shop once ran a survey asking Women to answer, 'never', 'occasionally', 'often', or 'always' if they felt uncomfortable about their appearance, in the situations listed below. It shows how we feel about how we look can have a big impact on our well being, and how we feel in numerous situations. I think it would be a popular sub.

At social gatherings where I know few people
When I look at myself in the mirror
When I am with attractive people
When someone looks at parts of my appearance that I dislike
When I try on new clothes
When I exercise
After I have eaten a full meal
When I am wearing revealing clothes
When I get on the scale to weigh myself
When I think someone has rejected me
When I am in a sexual situation
When I am in a bad mood
When I think about how I looked when I was younger
When I see myself in a photo or on video
When I think I've gained weight
When I think about what I wished I looked like
When I recall hurtful things people have said about my appearance
When I am with people who talk about weight or dieting
When I look at fashion magazines
When I think about going on holiday

Man, I have the same problems but I thought these subs would take care of that. I think it should definitely be included in future sets of Woman Magnet, Alpha Male, and Sex Magnet.
Quote:Man, I have the same problems but I thought these subs would take care of that. I think it should definitely be included in future sets of Woman Magnet, Alpha Male, and Sex Magnet.

I think they do, but I don't know how directly they target it. I've definitely noticed improvements (most specifically from Women Magnet) but it hasn't been something I've fully been able to free myself from. I've actually been a little hesitant to suggest this title in case the subject is directly covered and I'm not fully integrating the affirmations due to it being a sticky issue for me. Having said that, my shyness and lack of confidence used to hold me back an awful lot - and where a much larger issue for me than body image - but Alpha Male totally made my shyness and lack of confidence non-existent. It's for that reason I think a Subliminal specifically for 'how we feel about how we look' could help just in the same way. I know I'd be able to step things up 2 gears if I got this under control; I can be painfully aware at times when my body image is effecting my emotions and holding me back.

As for how one feels about the face, I think subs and mirror affirmations would be gold for that and I'm sure they could work for body image as well. Despite that I will say that this is a total non issue for me and has become more so through Alpha male, because I know what counts isn't necessarily body image and Im in pretty good shape, although insecurities about my height have popped up during stage 4 Alpha for a couple minutes here and there. I feel that when an awareness of body image is causing emotions that hold one back, it could be due to
1. Thinking that body image determines anything and therefore overvalues body image, becoming self conscious-and creating a loop cycle of self consciousness of the body equated with that self conscious image being a determinant factor in anything
2. If one objectively has a fairly out of shape or unattractive body that COULD be changed with exercise and better diet than its the self's way of genuinely wanting a better body, in this case nothing would boost confidence more in this area than...you guessed it working out, getting in great shape-getting a 'better body'
3. Narcissistic bodybuilder pride where there is always something wrong- the body is never good enough-I dont think anyone on this forum has that-well...maybe Andrew Smile JK lol
"RainbowAbyss Wrote:1. Thinking that body image determines anything and therefore overvalues body image, becoming self conscious-and creating a loop cycle of self consciousness of the body equated with that self conscious image being a determinant factor in anything
2. If one objectively has a fairly out of shape or unattractive body that COULD be changed with exercise and better diet than its the self's way of genuinely wanting a better body, in this case nothing would boost confidence more in this area than...you guessed it working out, getting in great shape-getting a 'better body'
3. Narcissistic bodybuilder pride where there is always something wrong- the body is never good enough-I dont think anyone on this forum has that-well...maybe Andrew Smile JK lol

These sound like some good points to put into the Fitness subliminals. Sure I have bodybuilder pride, although I have to say there is a finish line. It's just most people never reach it and plateau out, or the journey is so long and so difficult they can't see the finish line. Hence the bad reputation of "never being good enough". I definitely understand the problem though, as before I did all my research I used to plateau all the time and thought I'd never make it.

I'm getting close, though. My end-all goal is 240lb with low body fat (at 6ft), and I can get there within the next 2 years. For my height, although I'm not interested in competing in "body building" that's a pro-level (arnold has competed at 225-250ish at 6'2 I believe he is?). I could get to 240 in a couple months if I didn't care about body fat Wink
(02-15-2011, 06:44 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]
"RainbowAbyss Wrote:1. Thinking that body image determines anything and therefore overvalues body image, becoming self conscious-and creating a loop cycle of self consciousness of the body equated with that self conscious image being a determinant factor in anything

These sound like some good points to put into the Fitness subliminals. Sure I have bodybuilder pride, although I have to say there is a finish line. It's just most people never reach it and plateau out, or the journey is so long and so difficult they can't see the finish line. Hence the bad reputation of "never being good enough". I definitely understand the problem though, as before I did all my research I used to plateau all the time and thought I'd never make it.

I'm getting close, though. My end-all goal is 240lb with low body fat (at 6ft), and I can get there within the next 2 years. For my height, although I'm not interested in competing in "body building" that's a pro-level (arnold has competed at 225-250ish at 6'2 I believe he is?). I could get to 240 in a couple months if I didn't care about body fat Wink

Haha, glad ur not offended, I worried I might have crossed the line
With my impulsive jokingSmile That sounds like an awesome goal
And Im sure I have some meathead pride myself
I am 5'7 195, 11 body fat, and my goal has always beend 215, 6% body fat,
but Ive really let myself go:angel:

(02-15-2011, 03:36 PM)RainbowAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]As for how one feels about the face, I think subs and mirror affirmations would be gold for that and I'm sure they could work for body image as well. Despite that I will say that this is a total non issue for me and has become more so through Alpha male, because I know what counts isn't necessarily body image and Im in pretty good shape, although insecurities about my height have popped up during stage 4 Alpha for a couple minutes here and there. I feel that when an awareness of body image is causing emotions that hold one back, it could be due to
1. Thinking that body image determines anything and therefore overvalues body image, becoming self conscious-and creating a loop cycle of self consciousness of the body equated with that self conscious image being a determinant factor in anything

The intention isn't to overvalue your Body image, but to prevent a negative one from shackling you.
This is the title I think I'm looking for, is it still available on the server for download or has it long gone?

Healthy Body Image
Designed to change your body image to a healthy, positive self image. Excellent for people who have low self esteem because of their self image based on their bodies.
Also suggested: Life Tune-Up, Increase Self Respect, Extreme Self Esteem.
(02-16-2011, 11:43 AM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]This is the title I think I'm looking for, is it still available on the server for download or has it long gone?

Healthy Body Image
Designed to change your body image to a healthy, positive self image. Excellent for people who have low self esteem because of their self image based on their bodies.

It was built a long time ago as 3g, we'll see what Shannon wants to do with it. It's sitting on the server at the moment.
This is something I am interested in as well.

The love your self sub probably cover the healthy body image thing.
(02-16-2011, 02:37 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2011, 11:43 AM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]This is the title I think I'm looking for, is it still available on the server for download or has it long gone?

Healthy Body Image

It was built a long time ago as 3g, we'll see what Shannon wants to do with it. It's sitting on the server at the moment.

Thanks Andrew. If it isn't something that you want to advertise in the store, then I'd happily pay more for it as a one of download. I don't mind 3G either. As much as I'm loving the effects of the Charisma sub, I'd drop it to use the Body Image title. I've got all the other foundations nailed down now except this one and I'd like to kick it in the butt and taste complete freedom.

(02-16-2011, 02:45 PM)spiralout1988 Wrote: [ -> ]This is something I am interested in as well.

The love your self sub probably cover the healthy body image thing.

I'm sure it would help to some extent. But - in my case at least - it may make me 'love myself' despite how I feel about how you look. Women Magnet got it pretty much sorted and under control for a long time but about once a month now I'll have a day or two when I feel my face is pretty ugly or something and it'll restrict me.
Another one of countless subs I shall build once my current queue is clear. Good stuff, WildFlower. Just remind me. Wink
Bump.