Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Breaking the Ice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

While I have written volumes about myself elsewhere in the past, as such is my inclination, I think I'll keep it relatively short and sweet here, for this is the point I've reached: the desire to achieve effectiveness and efficiency over effusive expression.

I'm a 40-year old Greek-Canadian with all the potential at my fingertips to lead the life of my choosing. Yet, I feel saddled with emotional blockages that have been holding me back.

I was raised to be one of those little academic geniuses. The pro to that is that I'm a pretty smart guy (just ask Lumosity and Elevate!). The con to that is that I grew up focusing almost exclusively on school, making me a beta male just about everywhere else, especially since I had a hot-tempered father to make me feel constantly inadequate despite my accomplishments, and a kind but submissive mom who taught me to just take the (verbal) abuse and hide in the name of keeping the peace.

Hence, I've been searching since 18 to upgrade a life where being a smart beta only takes you so far. I've done the world tour of improvement interventions, from supplements to self-help products to seminars to bootcamps to energy healers. Always wanting more (for society always seems to be wanting more of me...), I figured that subliminals are a great way to continue my upgrading quest in my sleep!

I'm going to get into the habit of all with Absolute Self-Confidence, and keep a journal of it. Thereafter, if progress is noticeable and encouraging enough, Alpha Male here I come.

George
Gorge, what interventions do you think have had the biggest in pact on you?

I tried supplements some time back and didn't notice any changes (am sure there were a few tho), are you still supplementing, if so whats your current stack and goals for it, if you don't mind, am experimenting again.
(01-08-2015, 07:06 AM)Dee Wrote: [ -> ]Gorge, what interventions do you think have had the biggest in pact on you?

I tried supplements some time back and didn't notice any changes (am sure there were a few tho), are you still supplementing, if so whats your current stack and goals for it, if you don't mind, am experimenting again.

I want to reply now, but I'm in the midst of a subliminal fatigue hangover. Let me sleep on it, figuratively and literally!

George
OK, let's try this again.

Upon initial reflection, it's almost disheartening to dig around my mind and realize that a lot of the stuff I've tried had rather short term results.

What I've found most powerful, frankly, are my BodyTalk sessions. By the second visit, my practitioner knew me inside out, and she has been removing blockages from me for years to make me more level-headed and resilient in the face of many life challenges.

As for the do-it-yourself route, I've seen results with Radical Undoing, The Healing Codes, and The Emotion Code (assisted with a Nikken MagBoy, now MagDuo) . In all of these cases, using them has made my eyes water, which I take as a sign of processing out my baggage. I can also get that from time to time with FasterEFT, but that seems to be Satan Incarnate around here Tongue.

All this said, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a whole other modality for growth: improv. There's something to be said about how bringing your nuts to a class where you are to jump on a stage to create a funny scene with no lines whatsoever and people you've just met does wonders for your personality after a few weeks.
Improv wud be interesting, I always have to keep my negative thoughts to my self, It would be weird to just say the first thing that comes to mind, I assume that's how it works, on word association. There are so many ways to skin a cat I had never heard of Bodytalk until today.