Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Remove Negativity vs OGFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whats the difference?

which would be better for someone with negative beliefs?
If you are dealing with failure-focused beliefs, this does not necessarily generate, invite or result in guilt, shame or fear. Having a failure focused mindset and belief system is the seed of negative thinking, and it is usually the result of either fear, training or both.

We often learn what AND how to think, believe and perceive our surroundings and world from our family and friends. If mom was an optimist (positive thinking), for example, we are much less likely to become a pessimist (negative thinking) as a result, unless we are intentionally attempting to react against that specifically by reversing it within ourselves. Likewise, it is common and easy to get stuck in a rut of negative thinking, failure focus, and pity partying, and to pass that on to others by exposing them to it even for minutes or hours of exposure. Exposure for years or decades, as happens in a family setting, can be crippling and devastating.

Failure focus is usually the result of a self induced limitation based thinking that one subconsciously uses to either get attention, or keep themselves safe from some real or imagined threat. Negative thinking is predominated by negation forms, such as "can't", "won't", "not", etc. For example,

Positive thinker says:

"Oh, my tire blew out, but that's something I can handle. No sweat."

Negative thinker says:

"Oh, no. My tire blew out? There goes my whole day, and the paycheck to boot. I'm never going to get ahead financially, and I'll never find a place to pull over. I can't change a tire here! I'm not even sure I can change a tire at all. And I bet my spare is flat too. I'm going to be late. Everything is going wrong for me."

Positive thinking takes the incident as a simple change of status; tire is now flat. Response: Fix it and get on with life, because there are better things to do and think about. Negative thinking tends strongly to focus on the negatives, and even add some in there. Positive thinking naturally overcomes challenges because it is enabling; negative thinking tends not only to result in failure (because it is disabling), but to do so in more than one direction at once. (Tire is flat, I'm going to be broke because of this, I'm going to be late because of this, my whole day is shot because of this, woe is me.)

When this is done for attention, it is always done with lots of drama and communication. Nobody can pay attention to you if they don't know how horribly things are going, so the attention seeking negative thinker needs to tell someone, and usually multiple someones, that things are going wrong and will often embellish on just how badly.

When this is done out of fear it is usually because the person is unsure how to handle the events of life. They don't know what to do if something goes wrong, and they are afraid of what they don't know.

Negative thinking is a choice, just like positive thinking.

Guilt, shame and fear are different when they exist in and of themselves. For one, nobody ever felt guilty or shameful until someone else taught them how (and when) to. Those are induced, learned states. Fear is natural as a response to threat, a survival mechanism based on primitive brain parts which have since been superseded in this direction by the neo-cortex, which allows us to reason and plan our way out of and through danger and challenges.

If you are beset by negative thinking, but not guilt, shame or fear, then use something to overcome that. If you have both, and negative thinking is based in fear, then use OGSF followed by PTPA; or, perhaps consider LTU.
Out of curiosity do Remove Negativity within and Positive Thinking/attitude have similar scripts or do they have any vast differences? Been wondering about that for a while, but didn't seem like it mattered as much since I'm using AM personally. Was thinking of recommending my brother something since he's been asking.
(01-08-2015, 04:18 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If you are dealing with failure-focused beliefs, this does not necessarily generate, invite or result in guilt, shame or fear. Having a failure focused mindset and belief system is the seed of negative thinking, and it is usually the result of either fear, training or both.

We often learn what AND how to think, believe and perceive our surroundings and world from our family and friends. If mom was an optimist (positive thinking), for example, we are much less likely to become a pessimist (negative thinking) as a result, unless we are intentionally attempting to react against that specifically by reversing it within ourselves. Likewise, it is common and easy to get stuck in a rut of negative thinking, failure focus, and pity partying, and to pass that on to others by exposing them to it even for minutes or hours of exposure. Exposure for years or decades, as happens in a family setting, can be crippling and devastating.

Failure focus is usually the result of a self induced limitation based thinking that one subconsciously uses to either get attention, or keep themselves safe from some real or imagined threat. Negative thinking is predominated by negation forms, such as "can't", "won't", "not", etc. For example,

Positive thinker says:

Negative thinker says:

"Oh, no. My tire blew out? There goes my whole day, and the paycheck to boot. I'm never going to get ahead financially, and I'll never find a place to pull over. I can't change a tire here! I'm not even sure I can change a tire at all. And I bet my spare is flat too. I'm going to be late. Everything is going wrong for me."

Positive thinking takes the incident as a simple change of status; tire is now flat. Response: Fix it and get on with life, because there are better things to do and think about. Negative thinking tends strongly to focus on the negatives, and even add some in there. Positive thinking naturally overcomes challenges because it is enabling; negative thinking tends not only to result in failure (because it is disabling), but to do so in more than one direction at once. (Tire is flat, I'm going to be broke because of this, I'm going to be late because of this, my whole day is shot because of this, woe is me.)

When this is done for attention, it is always done with lots of drama and communication. Nobody can pay attention to you if they don't know how horribly things are going, so the attention seeking negative thinker needs to tell someone, and usually multiple someones, that things are going wrong and will often embellish on just how badly.

When this is done out of fear it is usually because the person is unsure how to handle the events of life. They don't know what to do if something goes wrong, and they are afraid of what they don't know.

Guilt, shame and fear are different when they exist in and of themselves. For one, nobody ever felt guilty or shameful until someone else taught them how (and when) to. Those are induced, learned states. Fear is natural as a response to threat, a survival mechanism based on primitive brain parts which have since been superseded in this direction by the neo-cortex, which allows us to reason and plan our way out of and through danger and challenges.

If you are beset by negative thinking, but not guilt, shame or fear, then use something to overcome that. If you have both, and negative thinking is based in fear, then use OGSF followed by PTPA; or, perhaps consider LTU.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation Shannon.. Much appreciated

I know im a negative thinker by default... what i do not know if it it rooted in feer or because of my parents... probbaly a combination of both

i guess the best option in this case would be to use LTU to cover all areas instead of focusing on just 1 subset
(01-09-2015, 04:00 PM)Natious Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity do Remove Negativity within and Positive Thinking/attitude have similar scripts or do they have any vast differences? Been wondering about that for a while, but didn't seem like it mattered as much since I'm using AM personally. Was thinking of recommending my brother something since he's been asking.

They apply considerably different approach directions, and use considerably different scripts.
(01-09-2015, 09:18 PM)in3deep Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2015, 04:18 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If you are dealing with failure-focused beliefs, this does not necessarily generate, invite or result in guilt, shame or fear. Having a failure focused mindset and belief system is the seed of negative thinking, and it is usually the result of either fear, training or both.

Positive thinker says:

Negative thinker says:

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation Shannon.. Much appreciated

I know im a negative thinker by default... what i do not know if it it rooted in feer or because of my parents... probbaly a combination of both

i guess the best option in this case would be to use LTU to cover all areas instead of focusing on just 1 subset

Good assessment.