Subliminal Talk

Full Version: After 3 years, I still don't have a clear answer re Speakers and Frequency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHANNON-
TEAM SUB-

ok, i from time to time scour the forum but i do not really see a clear answer.

in the INSTRUCTION document, Shannon writes:
"For the ultrasonic subliminals, you will need to use speakers, headphones, or ear buds that have a frequency response of at least 20,000 Hertz on the upper end or higher – the higher the better. You’ll also need a player itself that can handle this frequency range, but most players can, since 20 kHz is the standard CD playback specification."

here are my questions:

1) if i found a speaker that has 190 Hz-20 kHz = is this good for ULTRASONIC? can the "Hz" on the left side be anything so long as it is 20kHz on the right side?

2) when playing MASKED SUBS, i am confused by all the different answers found on this forum.

it seems like we can use ANY type of speaker to play the MASKED SUBS, is this correct? as if we do NOT need to worry about the frequency response if we use MASKED SUBS?

3) i bought soundfreaq last year for AM6, and i did the SOUND TEST and it passed with flying color, but i talked to SoundFreaq and they confirmed that the model i bought is NOT 20kHz . . . can i still use this speaker even though it aint 20kHz (meaning can i use it for BOTH ULTRASONIC and MASKED?

please help and THANK YOU.

i would really appreciate it as i have really been back and forth for a few years now with this issue.

----

SHANNON, it would be good if you can RECOMMEND the brands and models people can pick up to use your subs successfully. Smile
(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]2) when playing MASKED SUBS, i am confused by all the different answers found on this forum.

it seems like we can use ANY type of speaker to play the MASKED SUBS, is this correct? as if we do NOT need to worry about the frequency response if we use MASKED SUBS?

Yes you can use any speaker for masked sub. I don't know how in 3 years you haven't been able to figure this out. You must have tried very hard to not find this answer Big Grin
Although what may be confusing is that people are so scared that they prefer to buy a good speaker just in case. The masked sub are the easiest way to play sub, you don't even have to think (almost), you just press play.
(11-13-2014, 10:45 PM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can use any speaker for masked sub. I don't know how in 3 years you haven't been able to figure this out. You must have tried very hard to not find this answer Big Grin
Although what may be confusing is that people are so scared that they prefer to buy a good speaker just in case. The masked sub are the easiest way to play sub, you don't even have to think (almost), you just press play.

Maniac has a valid point , 3 years ? Should have taken you a day tops.
(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]1) if i found a speaker that has 190 Hz-20 kHz = is this good for ULTRASONIC? can the "Hz" on the left side be anything so long as it is 20kHz on the right side?

1) The ultrasonic track is centered at 17.5kHz if I remember correctly, and then add some to the sides. So the needed frequency range is something like 16 kHz to 18 kHz. Or 15-20 to be sure.

(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]3) i bought soundfreaq last year for AM6, and i did the SOUND TEST and it passed with flying color, but i talked to SoundFreaq and they confirmed that the model i bought is NOT 20kHz . . . can i still use this speaker even though it aint 20kHz (meaning can i use it for BOTH ULTRASONIC and MASKED?

Get the Frequencee app for your smartphone, or borrow someone else's phone, and play some tracks. You'll see how the speaker test works and you'll see where the ultrasonic audio lies.
(11-13-2014, 10:45 PM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]2) when playing MASKED SUBS, i am confused by all the different answers found on this forum.

Yes you can use any speaker for masked sub. I don't know how in 3 years you haven't been able to figure this out. You must have tried very hard to not find this answer Big Grin

thank you my man.

do you usually use masked?
(11-14-2014, 03:02 AM)Jackpot_100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2014, 10:45 PM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can use any speaker for masked sub. I don't know how in 3 years you haven't been able to figure this out. You must have tried very hard to not find this answer Big Grin

Maniac has a valid point , 3 years ? Should have taken you a day tops.

Wink haha, yes. i think i was referring to the kind of speaker for ultrasonic (like brand, model, etc).

but u are right. *thumbs up*
(11-14-2014, 05:19 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]1) if i found a speaker that has 190 Hz-20 kHz = is this good for ULTRASONIC? can the "Hz" on the left side be anything so long as it is 20kHz on the right side?

1) The ultrasonic track is centered at 17.5kHz if I remember correctly, and then add some to the sides. So the needed frequency range is something like 16 kHz to 18 kHz. Or 15-20 to be sure.

(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]3) i bought soundfreaq last year for AM6, and i did the SOUND TEST and it passed with flying color, but i talked to SoundFreaq and they confirmed that the model i bought is NOT 20kHz . . . can i still use this speaker even though it aint 20kHz (meaning can i use it for BOTH ULTRASONIC and MASKED?

Get the Frequencee app for your smartphone, or borrow someone else's phone, and play some tracks. You'll see how the speaker test works and you'll see where the ultrasonic audio lies.

thank you for the suggestion, will def do this!

i tried searching for "Frequencee" but dont see to see the app. all i see are other apps but does not relate to this.

do u have a link.

thanks
The correct name is "FrequenSee". You will find it in the Google Store/Apple Store - depend on what device you are using.
(11-14-2014, 04:10 PM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2014, 10:45 PM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you my man.

do you usually use masked?

I always use the masked sub it's less irritating for my tinnitus.
(11-13-2014, 07:01 AM)AeJe Wrote: [ -> ]SHANNON-
TEAM SUB-

ok, i from time to time scour the forum but i do not really see a clear answer.

in the INSTRUCTION document, Shannon writes:
"For the ultrasonic subliminals, you will need to use speakers, headphones, or ear buds that have a frequency response of at least 20,000 Hertz on the upper end or higher – the higher the better. You’ll also need a player itself that can handle this frequency range, but most players can, since 20 kHz is the standard CD playback specification."

here are my questions:

1) if i found a speaker that has 190 Hz-20 kHz = is this good for ULTRASONIC? can the "Hz" on the left side be anything so long as it is 20kHz on the right side?

2) when playing MASKED SUBS, i am confused by all the different answers found on this forum.

3) i bought soundfreaq last year for AM6, and i did the SOUND TEST and it passed with flying color, but i talked to SoundFreaq and they confirmed that the model i bought is NOT 20kHz . . . can i still use this speaker even though it aint 20kHz (meaning can i use it for BOTH ULTRASONIC and MASKED?

please help and THANK YOU.

i would really appreciate it as i have really been back and forth for a few years now with this issue.

----

SHANNON, it would be good if you can RECOMMEND the brands and models people can pick up to use your subs successfully. Smile

1. Yes
2. Yes. Let me add that you need to have Stereo speakers. You also need to set the right volume for you to hear the lowest sounds in the track.

I prefer and suggest investing in a more well known branded speakers like Bose, Sony, JBL, Sennheizer etc as they produce great sound not only for subs but for general usage.

3. You can use it for the masked tracks.
I am not convinced stereo speakers are a necessity - see my post here: http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Will-t...6#pid64186

More effective, maybe, such as listening via headphones, but not necessary. Happy to be proved wrong.
They're not a necessity for the program to work, but they are a necessity if you want it to work 55% better.

Since the original questions have been answered as well as I could do, I'll specify here instead.

You need a minimum of 20 kHz on the high end to minimize distortion in the subliminal audio. Clipping the frequency will reduce the clarity of the subliminal and reduce it's effectiveness by making it harder for the subconscious to decode and understand.

My subs, especially 5G, push the limits by achieving optimization levels that are peak. That way you don't have to try to make them better by doing fancy tricks. But this does mean that adjusting them in any way is likely going to degrade their results. If a speaker cannot handle 20 kHz at the top end, you're losing information, and that's not good. If you don't have speakers that can handle the required top end, just use the masked format. Any speakers will handle that.