Subliminal Talk

Full Version: What Will 'Learn English' Sub Do For Native Speaker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm Canadian, my first language is English, and I hear, speak, and write English all the time. Sometimes, I have very well formed ideas in my mind, but can't quite put it in written or spoken word.

On the other hand, I am always intrigued by the way that Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln, or Emerson write whenever I see it.

Example:

Quote:Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

WOW! I'd simply write the typical "words cannot explain how sorry I feel regarding your loss" or something lame and trite.

I'm wondering how far one can the "Learn English" sub; can I take it to the extreme and develop a fraction of the eloquence and expressiveness as one of them?

I'm also curious to see how long it would take for a generally well-spoken, well-written person like myself (pat on my back) to break the plateau and to penetrate the stratosphere; perhaps 3, 6, 12 months of listening alongside a set of 4G subs.

Shannon, especially since you've gone deep into the English language, with a diploma to show for it, what are your thoughts of using this subliminal as a native speaker?

My best guess is that the subliminal is a set of instructions that may take into account one's skill level, but will always try to advance and improve one's skill set, and not try to get one to a point of "completion". Therefore, it should be fine.

On a side note, I'm also going to use "Learn French" to become well-spoken and fully expressive as my second language, and "Learn Italian/Spanish" to eventually become fluent in these learned languages. Of course, using these subs will be a different ride, as I'd be going from basic knowledge to competence, to proficiency, to fluency, and eventually to near-native status.

Anyways, your thoughts are appreciated.
I'm also wondering about this. Being able to use English like you do Shannon would be awesome. It's a skill I would like to have. What would you recommend people do to learn linguistic ?

I'm have been experience something on my own: every day I go trough a part of the dictionary but very fast so only my unconscious can grasp it. Do you think over time it will help my learning process?
The Learn English program is the same script as learn any other language, it just points to a different target (English) than, say, learn French.

It does not make assumptions as to how skilled you already are in the given language, but seeks to advance you to fluency in that language as quickly and enjoyably as possible. If you are already fluent in a technical sense, it may or may not have additional benefit because what you are seeking to do is develop skill in a particular dialect of the language. Better than my subliminal for that would be to immerse yourself in written works that use such dialect until it becomes normal for you to think, and subsequently write and speak, in that dialect. I did that with the works of H. G. Wells and his ilk, and it has had a big impact on my writing and English usage. It does take time, but it is well worthwhile.

Maniac, your concept is not going to be terribly useful for conscious usage unless you specify that your subconscious do something with the information. You can absorb the whole of an unabridged dictionary for information content in as fast as it takes you to page through it and expose the whole of both sides of each page to your sight. That is all it takes to literally memorize the whole thing subconsciously. Conscious recall and access, however, is quite another matter. You would have to spend some time consciously reading the dictionary for that - I can attest that it works, as I did that myself, for amusement when I was bored back in the days when I was young and lived way out in BFE with nobody to play with, socialize with or interact with many hours of each day - and you can use programming for conscious recall.
Thanks for the reply,

Glad you're back and posting!
(11-10-2014, 11:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Maniac, your concept is not going to be terribly useful for conscious usage unless you specify that your subconscious do something with the information. You can absorb the whole of an unabridged dictionary for information content in as fast as it takes you to page through it and expose the whole of both sides of each page to your sight. That is all it takes to literally memorize the whole thing subconsciously. Conscious recall and access, however, is quite another matter. You would have to spend some time consciously reading the dictionary for that - I can attest that it works, as I did that myself, for amusement when I was bored back in the days when I was young and lived way out in BFE with nobody to play with, socialize with or interact with many hours of each day - and you can use programming for conscious recall.

So basically if I tell my subconscious through hypnosis to use it as a daily thing it could work better.

I'm wondering if I listen to one subliminal say for example BIABW only once and then I go into trance and tell my subconscious to run the program like for real 14h/day. Would the effect be identical to listening to the sub 14h/days or maybe even better.

I have actually already done it so I will see if I get some results. I'm wondering if you did it already or if you already tested that kind of things.
That was a great letter what he wroteBig Grin
(11-12-2014, 08:23 AM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2014, 11:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Maniac, your concept is not going to be terribly useful for conscious usage unless you specify that your subconscious do something with the information. You can absorb the whole of an unabridged dictionary for information content in as fast as it takes you to page through it and expose the whole of both sides of each page to your sight. That is all it takes to literally memorize the whole thing subconsciously. Conscious recall and access, however, is quite another matter. You would have to spend some time consciously reading the dictionary for that - I can attest that it works, as I did that myself, for amusement when I was bored back in the days when I was young and lived way out in BFE with nobody to play with, socialize with or interact with many hours of each day - and you can use programming for conscious recall.

So basically if I tell my subconscious through hypnosis to use it as a daily thing it could work better.

I'm wondering if I listen to one subliminal say for example BIABW only once and then I go into trance and tell my subconscious to run the program like for real 14h/day. Would the effect be identical to listening to the sub 14h/days or maybe even better.

I have actually already done it so I will see if I get some results. I'm wondering if you did it already or if you already tested that kind of things.

The results are rather, shall we say, unspectacular for doing something like that.
I'll report the result I get, I shall see by myself Wink maybe your unspectacular will mean spectacular for me. Rolleyes

For now it seems like my brain have really done the work, I feel more tired than usual.
Should be interesting to see if your results are the same as mine were.