Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Copy protection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody explain the copy protection to me in detail? I don't understand it on the FAQ, I want to buy some subliminals and I really want to make sure I don't trigger it. Thank you in advance.
(10-26-2014, 11:10 AM)KonrD1111 Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody explain the copy protection to me in detail? I don't understand it on the FAQ, I want to buy some subliminals and I really want to make sure I don't trigger it. Thank you in advance.

I have downloaded am5 from a torrent site then I listened stage 1 for 30 seconds. Still it triggers piracy. So I am paying for stage 1. Neither I share it with anyone nor I keep it for me. Just saying my personal fact. But I am still thankful cause if I didn't download it, I wouldn't find IML.
Basically, the copy protection works like this. If you download any of Shannon's subliminals illegally (by not buying it from this site) and use it, that will trigger it. If you upload any of Shannon's subliminals to any torrent sites or anywhere else, it will trigger it. Say you bought AM6 or any other subliminal then shared that with a friend but you still had a copy of AM6 in your possession, that will trigger it. For the sole fact that your friend didn't buy it and Shannon is not getting compensated for that copy that you shared. So, basically if you don't want to trigger the copy protection. Just buy his products from his site and don't download, upload or share your copy and you will be fine.
If you want to buy subliminals... you're not pirating them. Just don't do anything that constitutes piracy... such as making copies for others, sharing the program, using pirated copies, or enabling others to make or use pirated copies.

Just don't pirate it.

Giving away copies: piracy.
Sharing copies: piracy.
Uploading copies to torrent sites: piracy.
Downloading copies from torrent sites: piracy.

You can make all the copies you want for your own private use, and for backup, on as many different players/devices as you like. But you cannot make or use copies that you did not pay for that are benefitted from by more people than paid for it.

So if you buy a copy, and you use your copy on speakers, and someone else benefits - while you are using it - you are not committing piracy, and neither are they.

But if you give that person a copy and they use it, you have both committed piracy because now more than one person is benefitting from it when only one person has paid for it, and the original payer is not the one in complete control of the paid for copy.

If you buy a copy, and put it on your ipod, cell phone, ipad, laptop, spare backup drive, etc. but only you use it, you are not committing piracy. But if you knowingly give your friend your cell phone to use with your copy, that is two people benefitting from the single paid for copy independently, and that is piracy. The only time you can safely use a single copy to influence multiple people at once is when the owner of the copy (the payer for it) is the only one in control of it, and is using it, for themselves, with everyone else benefitting from use as a side effect. In other words, nobody else can use it, just the person who bought that copy, but if that copy is used in their presence, they can benefit from it as a consequence of the usage of the owner of that copy.

If those people want to use it without the owner, they commit piracy because they are using, controlling and benefitting from it directly, without having paid for it.

To own, use, and benefit directly from a copy without triggering AP code, you must have purchased that right. You must pay for that copy. You must return value for what you are benefitting from, and the right to use it and benefit from it at will. Instead if being at the mercy of the person who paid for it to use it in your presence instead.

Just pay for what you use if it's not free, and don't share it or give it away.
(10-29-2014, 10:00 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to buy subliminals... you're not pirating them. Just don't do anything that constitutes piracy... such as making copies for others, sharing the program, using pirated copies, or enabling others to make or use pirated copies.

Just don't pirate it.

Giving away copies: piracy.
Sharing copies: piracy.
Uploading copies to torrent sites: piracy.
Downloading copies from torrent sites: piracy.

You can make all the copies you want for your own private use, and for backup, on as many different players/devices as you like. But you cannot make or use copies that you did not pay for that are benefitted from by more people than paid for it.

So if you buy a copy, and you use your copy on speakers, and someone else benefits - while you are using it - you are not committing piracy, and neither are they.

But if you give that person a copy and they use it, you have both committed piracy because now more than one person is benefitting from it when only one person has paid for it, and the original payer is not the one in complete control of the paid for copy.

If you buy a copy, and put it on your ipod, cell phone, ipad, laptop, spare backup drive, etc. but only you use it, you are not committing piracy. But if you knowingly give your friend your cell phone to use with your copy, that is two people benefitting from the single paid for copy independently, and that is piracy. The only time you can safely use a single copy to influence multiple people at once is when the owner of the copy (the payer for it) is the only one in control of it, and is using it, for themselves, with everyone else benefitting from use as a side effect. In other words, nobody else can use it, just the person who bought that copy, but if that copy is used in their presence, they can benefit from it as a consequence of the usage of the owner of that copy.

If those people want to use it without the owner, they commit piracy because they are using, controlling and benefitting from it directly, without having paid for it.

To own, use, and benefit directly from a copy without triggering AP code, you must have purchased that right. You must pay for that copy. You must return value for what you are benefitting from, and the right to use it and benefit from it at will. Instead if being at the mercy of the person who paid for it to use it in your presence instead.

Just pay for what you use if it's not free, and don't share it or give it away.

So Shannon if I let my mom listen to AM6 for a few seconds ( because she wanted to check what i was listenning ) while i was not exposed to AM 6 because she listened through earbuds and i was there with her would that violates copy-protection policy.
it won't, this has already been answered, the ap code has been release by Shannon, read the news.
Aside from someone else waking up a 14 month old thread, I feel compelled to ask you to clarify what you mean by:
Quote:...the ap code has been release by Shannon, read the news.
Care to point me to the correct item/thread where such a miracle occurred?

As for ngoc009, you're not sharing your copy with her with the intention of your mom actually using it to become an Alpha Male, all while you're also still using it. She'd also secretly have to be a man for it to work at all. You're fine.

Now, let me add a little brain-teaser to the fire: What if I backed up the MP3's to the cloud, and completely without my knowledge, someone hacked into my account and made a copy, then shares that copy with 200 of his closest friends. Since I'm completely oblivious that it ever happened, and I am absolutely 100 percent convinced I've followed all the rules and haven't shared my copy with anyone, the code wouldn't activate either.

Unless there's dark magic involved. Or the Quantum Realm.

Ugh, I despise the p-word. It's so non-indicative of the behavior. Usually the anti-p representatives display more of the classic associated behaviors than the actual file-sharers themselves.

Shannon being the exception. I don't agree with Shannon on certain things, but the way he supposedly wrote this script is admirable. A bit like the honor-system. If you've used it and perceived benefits from it, you'll consider it worth the purchase afterwards. As if it creates a small, nagging incongruity in your mind, which will be resolved when you've bought it. I agree that it is so very much better than simply deactivating the product. When it comes to a 500 USD product for a pseudo-scientific field, there's going to be a lot of try-before-they-buy types. And they are a tight community. Word of mouth will - in time - increase sales. Like making an investment.
(01-05-2016, 06:53 AM)Whisperer Wrote: [ -> ]Care to point me to the correct item/thread where such a miracle occurred?

http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-6977-p...l#pid95170
Wow, so THAT's where Shannon has been hanging out. Serves me right for not checking that subforum over the holidays. Thanks, Leo!

I guess I stand corrected, it's not quite the honor system I'd expected. Which unfortunately will probably hit my resistance hard. I trained myself to well to allow such a limited/jaded interpretation of the issue in. Too bad, really. ASC and 4G will have to do then...

Obviously, I will creep over to that thread now and blurt out my jaded interpretations. Smile
(01-04-2016, 11:44 PM)Alpha360 Wrote: [ -> ]it won't, this has already been answered, the ap code has been release by Shannon, read the news.

Would you mind to show me where similar question has been answered? I read the code but could not draw much from it
I lost my mp3 player in the street yesterday (and someone prolly picked it up by now) and there were some subs on it, will that trigger it? Also, because I'm out an mp3 player, I have to use my speakers on CPU and my brother lives with me so he might hear it, as might my upstairs neighbor. Will that trigger it?
Just buy and dont share intentionally..Thats it
(02-09-2016, 10:41 AM)RaGod Wrote: [ -> ]Sarge, it is mentioned as ' If you PURPOSELY distribute, share, ...(and so on)' . You are not doing it on purpose, so it shouldn't be triggered. It would be not right if it did.

Yeah well that was my thinking too, but it's all good cause my landlord found my player so I have it again. Smile

Thank you all for your speedy replies.
I do not get that copy protection, how it knows what is purposeful and what is not? It does not have a free will, lol