Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Overcoming Fear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I am new to this forum and I have been looking into using Overcoming Fears. However while I was reading the description (ironically enough) a statement scared me.....

"Be aware that this may remove fears that help keep you safe"

I am terrified of driving in the rain, I dont want to lose the "safe driving" things that I have learned and drive like a bat out of hell through the rain.

basically I am afraid of letting go of my fear - go figure Wink because I am worried I may do something stupid if I do.

There is way more to the fears than just driving but I was wondering if I should start with a self confidence one instead of the fears first?

Thank you in advance for your help!

p.s. I have been seeing a hypnotherapist for 3 weeks now and I seem to be feeling better but I do not want to "remove" the safe part of my driving"

I have also never been in an accident in the rain but I am terrified of driving in it for I might hydroplane and loose control.
Try to think on it in a different way. It is really the fear that make you drive safe? Or it is you knowledge that acting like a rally driver (especially) in bad weather conditions could end in a heavy accident? If it were really just the fear that hold you back doing stupid things then many people would jump out of a plane without a parachute just because they don't feel a fear of heights. You had had an accident? Maybe you try EPRHA. It also contains overcome fear, guilt and shame and even some other stuff to overcome things regarding your past. And it's free.
(09-25-2014, 11:20 AM)sebastian Wrote: [ -> ]Try to think on it in a different way. It is really the fear that make you drive safe? Or it is you knowledge that acting like a rally driver (especially) in bad weather conditions could end in a heavy accident? If it were really just the fear that hold you back doing stupid things then many people would jump out of a plane without a parachute just because they don't feel a fear of heights. You had had an accident? Maybe you try EPRHA. It also contains overcome fear, guilt and shame and even some other stuff to overcome things regarding your past. And it's free.

I will look at the EPRHA one thank you for your feed back. On my phone will type more soon
Fears are the auto-pilot of safety. They allow us to restrict ourselves in specific ways automatically. When you remove those fears, you now are free to do whatever you want. It now becomes a conscious choice, instead of a subconscious restriction.

If you had no fears, would you drive less safely? I have been using programs with OGSF in them for more than 2 years straight, and I have very little left in the way of fears. I drive very well, and my driving record actually gets me a lot of safe driving discounts from my insurance company.

Removing the fear does not remove the intelligence. You will not start driving unsafely just because you're no longer filled with fear. It's just now that you're not filled with fear, you have to choose what to do: do I want to crash or not? In other words, you have the same thinking capacity. Now you also have the freedom to exercise it more. Stupidity is not a functional result of removing fears.