Subliminal Talk

Full Version: shannon ultrasonic showing up as 17,000hz on all devices from ipad to speakers. help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
shannon u said u need minimum 20,000hz to run ultrasonic

but all my devices from the tv, ipad mini(stereo speakers) and speakers are showing it at 17,000hz when measured by frequensee

so will my mind hear the ultrasonic on my devices?

thanks
(09-17-2014, 04:03 AM)Hold007 Wrote: [ -> ]shannon u said u need minimum 20,000hz to run ultrasonic

but all my devices from the tv, ipad mini(stereo speakers) and speakers are showing it at 17,000hz when measured by frequensee

thanks

Clearly when he said that you need a minimum of 20,000hz to run ultrasonics means that the devices you have are not good enough and a new system needs to be bought which fulfills the requirement in hz as suggested by shannon.
The audio is somewhere close to 17 or 18 kHz and that's why your speakers should be able to reproduce audio up to 20 kHz (so there's a 2-3 kHz safety margin). So no, there's no problem.

If you want to drive your car at 18 km/h (or mph), then you car's indicated maximum speed should be at least 18 , preferably at least 20 km/h (or mph).
is your coming in at 17,000hz??
It's fine, that's how it's SUPPOSE to be...
17-18 KHz is the peak I get on Ultrasonics
The frequency response range of my programs is centered at 17.5 kHs and keeps a couple kHs on either side to minimize distortion. It's fine if it's showing as playing at about 17 kHz, that's where it's supposed to be. But to play that clearly and without distortion, you need a frequency response capacity of 20+ kHz.
(09-17-2014, 04:03 AM)Hold007 Wrote: [ -> ]shannon u said u need minimum 20,000hz to run ultrasonic

thanks

How are you measuring the requencies coming out of your devices?
(11-07-2014, 06:35 PM)Xebec Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

How are you measuring the requencies coming out of your devices?

measuring it with an iPhone app called "frequensee"
Cool. I just downloaded and tried it. What a great, simple app! Thanks.