Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Shannon special question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I’m in a difficult position. I’m currently in stage 5 day 4 of AM6. I’m a bit resisting it and it’s harder than usual to sleep. But that’s not the difficulty I’m facing.
My tinnitus is getting more and more noticeable to the point my ears are more sensitive to loud noise (I can’t use my motorcycle anymore) and because of this I don’t know if I that would be reversible to the old state after I stop listening to sub for a while (1 month for example).
If I’m sure I’m not damaging my ears or partly sure I don’t care. In fact AM6 is getting rid of most of my fear that’s why I don’t care that much. But I have to take a decision about this.
I really don’t want to stop AM6 plus I’m on stage 5 now and I think I’m not far away from being where I wanted to be.

1) So my first question is if I make a pause for 7 days between stage 5 day 32 and stage 6 what would be the consequences?
The fact that I would be between 2 stage, Do I have to take the missing day rule on the stage 5 or 6 or not at all? (I want to be sure you understand that I would be neither on stage 5 or 6 because I would have just finish the last day of stage 5)

2) What would be the best way to listen with damaging the less possible my tinnitus?
ultrasonic with speaker, masked with speaker or with a headset masked?
If I use a speaker and I put it more far away would that improve the situation?
I tried recently to use a speaker with masked but it didn't seem to improve anything.
Maybe my speaker is of bad quality so the sound is too harsh for my hearing (70$ speaker). Would buying a better quality speaker help me?

3) I have used recently a very low volume compared to when I started the sub, will this create an imbalance?
From what I understand if you listen less it create an imbalance but if you listen to lower volume if that the same thing?

4) Maybe if I listen the day instead of the night it would be better because I ears would have time to rest the night.
You might want to add your current usage style (track, time, speakers/headphones, volume (frequensee).. I seem to get some acute tinnitus that fades after the day goes along, so its an interesting question. I'd say the ultrasonic track triggers it more for me, but I'm not sure. I'm trying the vary between using different tracks to "ease the load".. Shannon: will this lessen efficiency, because the brain has to adapt to the varying input?
I listen 10h40/night with trickling stream (the ocean is too loud) with earphone 98% of the time.
The volume is impossible to record with earphone (JVC). My speaker is This. I can't record the volume with speaker because I don't have it right now.

When I was doing AM5 I begin to notice a fade tinnitus too and then it got stronger with time and here I am It's beginning to hurt now, just small but if it become worse again Shy.

I don't know how you guys have been listening to it for 5 years and more. I have always been a bit more sensitive around my hearing so it might be why.
My speakers did cost about the half of yours, so that shouldn't be the problem. But I noticed if I am listening at night (I usually listen at day, but sometimes I don't have the time to do during the day) my hearing seems to be more affected than by listening at day.
Shannon?
While waiting, I found that its quite easy to test this is you get temporary ringing in your ears: use ultrasonics with headphones and either start from a very low volume and increase it slowly (like 1 step in 15 minutes) untill you notice your ears start ringing, or start from a volume where they do and lower it from there (which is what I did a few times).

I'm assuming that the correct volume for me then is the highest volume at which my ears won't start ringing? That's a fairly low volume btw, maybe max 1/3 of maximum volume on my phone with KOSS portapros.
keep in mind that my ears started ringing when I was around stage 5 on am5. When I tested with ultrasonic on speaker no matter what the volume I notice a very slight uneasyness in my ears, so I never used ultrasonic more than 2 minutes and don't intend to do it more.

But thanks it's cool know that, I may not be fully objective when my ears are at stake.
(08-19-2014, 01:14 AM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]keep in mind that my ears started ringing when I was around stage 5 on am5. When I tested with ultrasonic on speaker no matter what the volume I notice a very slight uneasyness in my ears, so I never used ultrasonic more than 2 minutes and don't intend to do it more.

But thanks it's cool know that, I may not be fully objective when my ears are at stake.

shannon mentioned somewhere on the forums that it should be around
-40 db to -60 db? Did you guys miss that? It can easily be checked on frequensee the volume that you have the ultrasonics running on ?
(08-19-2014, 01:14 AM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]keep in mind that my ears started ringing when I was around stage 5 on am5. When I tested with ultrasonic on speaker no matter what the volume I notice a very slight uneasyness in my ears, so I never used ultrasonic more than 2 minutes and don't intend to do it more.

Maybe you just need to get use to them ? Can't you sleep with a fan on as well to try and mask that uneasiness ? It's worth a try....
(08-19-2014, 08:50 AM)FREAK4LIFE Wrote: [ -> ]

shannon mentioned somewhere on the forums that it should be around
-40 db to -60 db? Did you guys miss that? It can easily be checked on frequensee the volume that you have the ultrasonics running on ?

I have listen to a sound much lower than that on ultrasonic. And I still have this uneasyness. And yes I have check with frequensee around -40 -60db but it's too irritating for me.
(08-19-2014, 11:39 AM)adam225 Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe you just need to get use to them ? Can't you sleep with a fan on as well to try and mask that uneasiness ? It's worth a try....
More noise will prevent my ears from resting. My problem is not going to sleep even if it's harder. My problem is that if I listen for another 2 month my tinnitus will get much stronger. So Im trying to find a way to listen to sub and not aggraving my tinnitus.
My ears will start to ringing slightly with the ultrasonic track at levels over -70dB (according to my phone).
I just done some research on tinnitus, according to some hypnotherapist " 20% of human adults experience tinnitus. Of those, 75% do not suffer – that is, they largely ignore the noise in their heads."

Which means that a lot people actually experience tinnitus but they don't care about it. Because of that the noise gets lower to been ignore completely.

If I remember correctly the first time I noticed tinnitus it was when someone told me it existed. I then began to experience it, and notice it more.

According to this website, when you dissociate the fear from the tinnitus you will be able to ignore it. I thought I was immune to fear because I was listening to AM6 but maybe it's not yet been dealt with.

It might be my last unconscious resistance trying to stop me from doing AM6. If that was it, I have been fooled all along :idea:
You know, I have often noticed that my ears are ringing and then just decided to let it be as just 1 more experience among others. Once I even had the conscious thought that "if they're going to ring like that forever... well, its not really that bad. I can still hear just fine and everything". But then the fear I have is that if it'd get really LOUD at some point and stay there, like it'd almost hurt or something. My mother sometimes complains about this quite a bit, so that might be why I'm worried.
Pages: 1 2