Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question to Shannon - Quality Earphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question at which Shannon or an experienced user could answer.

Right now I am listening a 4G sub - ocean surf - only during the night with earphones.

When I am using a $5, low quality earphone, during ocean surf I can clearly hear a mix of voices - man and woman (I cannot understand what they are saying, but the sound is quite clear - someone is speaking something).

On the other hand, when I am using a $25 earphone, Sony, very good quality (5 - 25,000 Hz), that fits inside my ears and isolates the noise outside (though the product doesn't have this option of noise removal, just that it fits very well), I cannot hear ANYTHING just the waves, Maybe something besides the waves, but extremely hidden.

Now, What should I do? Should I continue with the low quality headsets, or with the Sony ones?

In terms of results, I think that using low quality earphones is powerful in terms of results. But I hope it is not just my placebo effect.

Thank you for clarifying this issue!

All the best!
(08-03-2014, 01:05 AM)zen Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question at which Shannon or an experienced user could answer.

Right now I am listening a 4G sub - ocean surf - only during the night with earphones.

When I am using a $5, low quality earphone, during ocean surf I can clearly hear a mix of voices - man and woman (I cannot understand what they are saying, but the sound is quite clear - someone is speaking something).

On the other hand, when I am using a $25 earphone, Sony, very good quality (5 - 25,000 Hz), that fits inside my ears and isolates the noise outside (though the product doesn't have this option of noise removal, just that it fits very well), I cannot hear ANYTHING just the waves, Maybe something besides the waves, but extremely hidden.

Now, What should I do? Should I continue with the low quality headsets, or with the Sony ones?

In terms of results, I think that using low quality earphones is powerful in terms of results. But I hope it is not just my placebo effect.

Thank you for clarifying this issue!

All the best!

First make sure that the $5 earphones are stereo not mono. Next make sure you don't have the volume too high, it needs to be at comfortable hearing level. To get the full effect of the subliminal, I believe it is recommended that you should use stereo headphones. From my personal experience I have used earphones and headphones, I have seen better results from the headphones. Mostly because by using the headphones, the subliminal is playing in both ears which allow you get to receive the full benefit of the subliminal.

Hope this helps.
Thx Spiritman.

My 5$ earphones are stereo, but with low sound quality. I listen with 70% volume level and I tested both earphones - the cheapest one and Sony - and with the cheapest one I can hear some voices Smile)) Really weird which makes me continue with those ones.

To mention that the Sony earbuds don't have bass / noise reduction function. And I don't understand why with these ones I cannot hear those voices.

I hope I will have the Shannon's opinion.
I have tried many earphones, headset and headphones. Far as I can tell better quality equipment better quality results.

In the audio world choose Sennheiser or Pioneer. Next Samson, Philips or Sony. Never Beats please Dodgy

Personally my friends bought Beats, Monster bla bla bla. I borrowed from them and yeah, they're just... bad.
(08-04-2014, 12:42 AM)AlphaMind Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried many earphones, headset and headphones. Far as I can tell better quality equipment better quality results.

In the audio world choose Sennheiser or Pioneer. Next Samson, Philips or Sony. Never Beats please Dodgy

Personally my friends bought Beats, Monster bla bla bla. I borrowed from them and yeah, they're just... bad.

I started to become a little "paranoid."

Is there any difference between earphones and headphones - in terms of effectiveness? I can't sleep during the night with headphones, but with earphones.
(08-03-2014, 03:47 PM)spiritman Wrote: [ -> ]From my personal experience I have used earphones and headphones ... Mostly because by using the headphones, the subliminal is playing in both ears which allow you get to receive the full benefit of the subliminal.

I guess you meant speakers vs. head- or earphones? You should get the full stereo effect regardless whether you headphones are open, closed or in-ear, imo.

Btw, I'd think its less effective if you can hear the voices, simply because Shannon has intentionally set their volume so low you shouldn't be able to hear them, i.e. they're not meant to be heard consciously.
No need to get paranoid over it. The thing is

1. Check your frequency response
  2. Check your dB point >100 is good
  3. Check the quality of your tools (branded are 1000% better for long term use)
  4. If you use Masked = Headphones > BEST, Masked = Headphones > GOOD (as long as you can hear the lowest point of the audio with your speaker)
  5. If ultrasonic please check your Frequency Response 20,000 Hz = Good, above 20,000 Hz = BEST (remember some company can fake it)

Earphones are just like headphones, the difference is headphones have a rounded soft part to cover the ear.
For sleeping use better speakers. It will be more comfortable when you can move whenever you want while sleeping.
(08-04-2014, 01:22 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I'd think its less effective if you can hear the voices, simply because Shannon has intentionally set their volume so low you shouldn't be able to hear them, i.e. they're not meant to be heard consciously.

I can assure you that he use Vocoding in this matter. Shannon also mention it in his web.

Vocoder is a method when the intended sound are perfectly matched with the background sound. So no lowering the volume at all.

Please read: http://www.subliminal-shop.com/the-creation-process/
(08-04-2014, 01:31 AM)AlphaMind Wrote: [ -> ]I can assure you that he use Vocoding in this matter. Shannon also mention it in his web.

Vocoder is a method when the intended sound are perfectly matched with the background sound. So no lowering the volume at all.

Thanks, I know I've skimmed through that sometime but forgotten all about it.. But still:

"Vocoding makes the volume fluctuations of the Q-Base file exactly match the volume variations of the masking track that you actually hear."

^^As it reads, the CHANGES in volume are matched, not the absolute volume levels. E.g. at some instant the masking track changes from volume "8" to "6", so the Q-Base file is changed from "3" to "1" ( a difference of 2 units).

"The masking track and the Q-Base file are then mixed together at a very precise volume difference, which I have determined to be the best possible option through extensive experimentation. This exact volume difference is the perfect balance between being effective, and keeping the spoken suggestions in the Q-Base audio hidden from the conscious mind"

^^And here he says there is an absolute difference is volume. So the suggestions are at a low enough volume to not be heard by the conscious mind over the masked track.
(08-04-2014, 01:22 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2014, 03:47 PM)spiritman Wrote: [ -> ]From my personal experience I have used earphones and headphones ... Mostly because by using the headphones, the subliminal is playing in both ears which allow you get to receive the full benefit of the subliminal.

I guess you meant speakers vs. head- or earphones? You should get the full stereo effect regardless whether you headphones are open, closed or in-ear, imo.

Btw, I'd think its less effective if you can hear the voices, simply because Shannon has intentionally set their volume so low you shouldn't be able to hear them, i.e. they're not meant to be heard consciously.

I don't understand what those voices are saying. It's just that I hear a mix of voices.

So, I am not supposed to hear anything. Ok, I will continue with Sony or buy a more expensive pair of earbuds.
(08-04-2014, 01:50 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2014, 01:31 AM)AlphaMind Wrote: [ -> ]I can assure you that he use Vocoding in this matter. Shannon also mention it in his web.

Thanks, I know I've skimmed through that sometime but forgotten all about it.. But still:

"Vocoding makes the volume fluctuations of the Q-Base file exactly match the volume variations of the masking track that you actually hear."

^^As it reads, the CHANGES in volume are matched, not the absolute volume levels. E.g. at some instant the masking track changes from volume "8" to "6", so the Q-Base file is changed from "3" to "1" ( a difference of 2 units).

"The masking track and the Q-Base file are then mixed together at a very precise volume difference, which I have determined to be the best possible option through extensive experimentation. This exact volume difference is the perfect balance between being effective, and keeping the spoken suggestions in the Q-Base audio hidden from the conscious mind"

^^And here he says there is an absolute difference is volume. So the suggestions are at a low enough volume to not be heard by the conscious mind over the masked track.

Yes, but you know that even Shannon and some users suggested to hear the sub at a high volume - to make the suggestions an urgency or smth similar.
(08-04-2014, 01:55 AM)zen Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but you know that even Shannon and some users suggested to hear the sub at a high volume - to make the suggestions an urgency or smth similar.

True, but then you're raising both volumes at the same time.. I haven't ever been able to hear the voices, so idk. I can hear the ultrasonic track quite easily so I sometimes wonder if its better to have it louder or not (louder = more urgency, but also I'm more conscious of the audio)
(08-04-2014, 02:30 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2014, 01:55 AM)zen Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but you know that even Shannon and some users suggested to hear the sub at a high volume - to make the suggestions an urgency or smth similar.

True, but then you're raising both volumes at the same time.. I haven't ever been able to hear the voices, so idk. I can hear the ultrasonic track quite easily so I sometimes wonder if its better to have it louder or not (louder = more urgency, but also I'm more conscious of the audio)

I am listening only ocean surf with extremely cheap/low sound quality earphones, and I raise the volume at around 70% only from my smartphone. I can hear some hidden, unclear voices.

Shannon said once it can be possible to hear some voices with ocean waves in 4G.

So, my question is - the sub is more effective when I hear some hidden, unclear voices or not?
Hey zen, MIR was the first sub that I could really tell there were voices in the background when I heard it. It worked really well for me so hearing the voices doesn't seem to render the sub ineffective to me. Since then I can hear the voices in most of the subs I listen to.