Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Long term predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I have figured out through thought experiments what I think is going to happen in the next 20 to 130 years in some key areas. This is just posted here for fun, since this forum probably won't exist by then.

Prediction #1: Eventually, energy will become a commodity. The current science allows us to create clean fusion energy in the lab, but only for a few seconds at a time. Eventually, the process will be made viable for providing energy on a continuous basis. At first, the energy companies will try to make sure this abundant, endless and (by then, virtually free) source of energy still costs people money. However, within 10 to 30 years from when fusion becomes a viable energy source, it will become a commodity that becomes virtually, if not literally, free.

Prediction #2: When virtually unlimited energy from fusion power becomes readily available, science and technology will make incredibly fast leaps and bounds in advancement, because they have virtually unlimited energy with which to power experiments and discover the most difficult secrets of the universe.

Prediction #3: Even if fusion doesn't become a standard power source specifically because we happen to develop the ability to understand and manipulate gravity in the beginning, fusion power will eventually lead to or be tied to huge breakthroughs in understanding and manipulating gravity itself.

Prediction #4: Being able to manipulate and understand gravity itself will allow huge leaps forward in both propulsion and eventually, an entirely new source of power that has something to do with, or is based on gravity, which makes fusion power look like a child's toy.

Prediction #5: Having this new source of energy that is tied to gravity will allow massive new technological breakthroughs in time/space manipulation, including the ability to detect and selectively access alternate dimensions of higher or lower "octaves", and use this ability to travel faster than the speed of light in some way.

Prediction #6: Humans will become able to create life from the gene level up at will in the lab, and program the genes completely from scratch, at will, within the next 50 to 75 years. This will result in our discovery that life itself is not entirely physical, and that something nonphysical is a large part of what makes a living thing what it is (animate, intelligent, emotional, etc.).

Prediction #7: Being able to create life will meld with, or compete with, the advances in computer technology that will either force us to become cybernetic to keep up with our own robotic creations, or will cause a pair of new species to spring up, one cybernetic and one genetically created from scratch by humans, leaving Homo Sapiens Sapiens to die out in their wake.

Prediction #8: Being able to detect and prove the existence of non-physical components of a living being will allow us to explore the non-physical realms, and this technology will become so promising and advanced that even the ability to create physical life will seem paltry and silly in comparison.

Prediction #9: The end of the Age of Oil will take place between 2019 and 2075, but will cause no end of needless suffering in the mean time.

Prediction #10: If there is a nuclear war in which the United States is involved, it will not break out for approximately another 9 to 12 years. I predict that the United States will not see nuclear war until at least 2019, and probably not until 2021, if we see it at all.

Prediction #11: If we are attacked with nuclear weapons in 2019, it will be the first of 2, possibly 3, terrorist acts which help start the Next World War, which will indeed be a nuclear exchange between two or more major countries (or at least include one or more nuclear exchanges between major countries) with a major exchange involving the United States coming in 2021. I predict that we are more likely to be directly attacked this way by Russia than directly by Iran, North Korea or whoever else, and Russia's attack will be a response to how we react to their allies after being attacked with nuclear weapons by terrorists.

Prediction #12: In 2012, there will be either multiple large space object impacts on the Earth, multiple large solar mass ejections that hit us and knock out our electronics, or both. If it's an impact, I believe we will see a series of one to three pieces threaten us. One or two of them, progressively larger, will impact Earth. The last one will narrowly miss. Each impact will be months apart. This actually seems unlikely, based on our ability to observe near earth objects. My second theory is that one or two solar mass ejections will hit earth and devastate much of the planet with electronic and possibly physical repercussions. A possible third will be avoided, averted or prevented somehow. Whatever happens, even if neither of these scenarios plays out, the human race will survive, and recover largely within a decade.

Keep in mind, these predictions are the results of mind experiments, not any form of specific or particular predictive method. This is what seems to me to make the most sense as a logical progression from where we are now.
Those are some predictions Shannon!

here are mine:
#1: Nuclear war will begin sometime in 2012 (early). and by December 21, 2012 everyone will have died off from radiation poisoning and aftermath. (sad I know)
The earth will rebuild itself for the next generation of people.

#2: We will live on past 12/21/2012 and our technology will become so advanced we create machines that handle alot of our stuff like factories, weapons, computers, and etc. and they will eventually turn against us and kill us. Shortly after several asteroids will impact the earth and destroy all machines for they were not smart enough to know that asteroids would hit. The earth can rebuild itself for the next generation of people.

#3: Greedy bitch scientists kill us all with their electron combuster mechanisms on 12/21/2012 or whatever they are. Then, the earth can rebuild itself for the next generation of people.

#4:We live on for maybe another 100 years but there will be 5+ wars and 2 more world wars+ infact we start the fifth war but by then there's nothing left on this earth so everyone dies and the people who escape on a spaceship to the next earth galaxies away run out of food and most likely encounter a newly formed black hole or die from ship malfunctions.

Too bad all these are negative.. it's tough to look at all the people of the world generally in a positive light.
And what would happen on the 3rd of december?

Also my prediction, on November 21 2015 Skynet will become operational and spawn a major zombie apocalypse. Yeah, I'm sorry. I just had to... Sad