Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Questions/Concerns ahead of AM6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking of doing AM6 as my next sub, mainly to help me get better with women. I currently have absolutely no success with women at all and I haven't had any success for many years now. Something's just gone wrong somewhere and my confidence in this area is at an all time low, even though I'm generally confident and successful in all other areas of my life. I've tried everything to correct this including studying pickup a few years ago, which actually seemed to make me really self-conscious about the whole thing.

Something is telling me that AM6 may be the way out of this bad patch. I feel like I need a complete change in mindset and behaviour.

However, I've got some concerns about listening to AM6 and I would be grateful if those who have completed an Alpha Male sub could offer their thoughts on the following:

1) I currently like who I am, but clearly there are areas I want to improve. I'm concerned that if I listen to AM6 then who I am is going to disappear, along with what I feel comfortable with in my life and those who like me for who I am. From this you can probably tell that I care quite a bit about what others think of me. This is a bit hard to explain, but does AM6 bring out your positive aspects and reduce the negative aspects and leave the core of who you are intact?

2) In terms of not tolerating BS or second class behaviour from people, how does AM6 balance this with being able to take a joke? E.g. I wouldn't want to become someone who can't take a joke and who overreacts when people are just joking without meaning to be malicious. I used to be quite touchy and overly-sensitive and I've worked hard to overcome this so I wouldn't want to un-do this.

3) There are things in my past that have happened that I would rather stay in the past and I've used EFT to release any negativity from these areas. I don't want to go dredging up any bad events from the past or go on the war path to correct long forgotten wrongs. How have people found AM6 works here?

Some other things I'd like to get out of AM6 are:
-to have others actually listen and respect what I say, at the moment people just tend to speak over me.
-I have trouble expressing myself so I'd like to get better at this. I really don't know how some of you guys write about such personal
stuff on line. Even this post is causing me anxiety and concern in case someone I know reads it and guesses it's me Big Grin
-to become more extrovert as I'm definitely an introvert and it's rubbish. This world seems to be built for extroverts. I feel like I'm
locked in a shell and I just want to break out of it and go "THIS IS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...but that's a scary thought.

From reading the alpha male journals I really like what you guys have been experiencing, such as not caring about the opinions of others, having more love for humanity, feeling comfortable around attractive women, being more successful etc etc. This all sounds great and I want this, but it's the core essence of me that I don't want to lose.

Any thoughts on the above will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys
Hi Alta, to respond to your concerns

1) AM will never make you become someone else. If this was the case, all the people on the forum would talk in the same way, do the same things, like the same things, ... You will just become a 2.0 version of yourself, You Ameliorated. So don't worry about that. I too liked my personality before starting AM5 and was also worried it would change my personality. It did not, I am the same but with improved responses to the environment and better thought patterns.

2) Don't worry about that, if you can tell the other person is joking and that the joke isn't made to hurt, you'll still take it as a joke. I have a friend who always call me with terrible names, and I take it as a joke because I know it is and it makes me laugh a lot, because sometimes it's really funny the names he find Tongue So don't worry, I'm still able to joke and to take jokes Wink

3) I have used AM5 so I don't know about AM6 but maybe it will touch on some parts of your past. I think that if those things are keeping you from moving forward in your life, they need to be dealt with anyways. So you may have a hard time, but it will only be temporary because you're assured AM6 will burry them down once those memories are cleared, and you will become greater as a result ! So I would go for it. Short term pain for long lasting happiness and not the contrary ! (Short term happiness for long term pain)

Also AM will make you:

- impose yourself when you want to speak.

- I had the same worry that someone I know would find out I'm using those subs to improve myself. But today, believe me or not I am speaking about subliminals to everyone I know ! And yes, AM will help you express yourself more.

- It will definitely help you go past your comfort zone and make you more extrovert

In my opinion, you'll really benefit from AM6 (who would not ? Tongue) ! So go for it, you'll not regret the ride Wink
(06-22-2014, 01:18 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]1) I currently like who I am, but clearly there are areas I want to improve. I'm concerned that if I listen to AM6 then who I am is going to disappear, along with what I feel comfortable with in my life and those who like me for who I am. From this you can probably tell that I care quite a bit about what others think of me. This is a bit hard to explain, but does AM6 bring out your positive aspects and reduce the negative aspects and leave the core of who you are intact?

2) In terms of not tolerating BS or second class behaviour from people, how does AM6 balance this with being able to take a joke? E.g. I wouldn't want to become someone who can't take a joke and who overreacts when people are just joking without meaning to be malicious. I used to be quite touchy and overly-sensitive and I've worked hard to overcome this so I wouldn't want to un-do this.

3) There are things in my past that have happened that I would rather stay in the past and I've used EFT to release any negativity from these areas. I don't want to go dredging up any bad events from the past or go on the war path to correct long forgotten wrongs. How have people found AM6 works here?
1)AM6 will reveal who you truly are. So the fake you will disappear. You are going to lose something obviously but for the best. Once you know some part of you is fake, you want to get rid of it. And of course you core self won't disappear it's quiet the opposite in fact. You will show your true self without feeling guilty about it.

2) AM6 has some goal about being able to relax and being a funny person without mistreat yourself.

3) There is emotional healing in AM6 and I like his effects. I don't see it as something to avoid but something that will bring me the awareness to move forward. In fact even when I'm in a very bad moments (everything seems to fall around me) I stay strong. A real alpha male you can say.
It's all in the title. Alpha rule their life with joy and success Cool.

From what you said AM6 seems perfect for you.
Hi! This is based on my experience so far (now stage 5, day 6), with my personality and now with some eft for the last 20 days.

(06-22-2014, 01:18 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]1) I'm concerned that if I listen to AM6 then who I am is going to disappear, along with what I feel comfortable with in my life and those who like me for who I am. From this you can probably tell that I care quite a bit about what others think of me. This is a bit hard to explain, but does AM6 bring out your positive aspects and reduce the negative aspects and leave the core of who you are intact?

I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm an awesome, warm, funny and confident man if I just accept the way I am in this moment and space and act in a way that comes naturally. I realized that in the past I always tried to force myself to be more something (funny, confident) or less something (anxious, tired), or just different. Used to always think how I should act, how much energy I should use, what should I say next, am I being funny/interesting enough, and so on. Of course I still go to this head space, but I have found a different way of being I'm accessing more & more often. So for me the effect has been that I am much more *myself*. I can be much more open with people so they can actually communicate with me instead of this false me (wall) that they had to go though before. I'd guess what you feel comfortable with will probably change, though I'm not sure what you meant by that. As for your current friends, I'd say it depends on whether they like the you that you are when you're not trying to modify your behavior in any way to make them like/approve/respect you more.

(06-22-2014, 01:18 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]2) In terms of not tolerating BS or second class behaviour from people, how does AM6 balance this with being able to take a joke? E.g. I wouldn't want to become someone who can't take a joke and who overreacts when people are just joking without meaning to be malicious.

If the joke is made in good spirit, I have no trouble going along with it. This hasn't changed, if anything I'm more comfortable laughing about myself now because my insecurities come up less. If it is malicious but its disguised as a joke, I just remain calm and won't go along with it. I just had this happen this weekend: somebody tried to bully me of in a bar by getting in my face and putting his hands on my shoulders.. I just remained completely relaxed and comfortable with him right in my face, I was smiling a tiny bit and politely disagreed with him. After a while he just changed completely, started laughing and saying he was just joking, "don't take it seriously", quickly tapped my shoulder and disappeared. And no, it was not a joke (it had to do with some females close by). I'd say handling conflict that just comes up as a surprise has been the clearest change so far, very happy with my progress there. There amount of conflict situations will probably increase if you've been automatically submitting or avoiding them before.

Can't say about your past events, except that "memories buried alive never die".

(06-22-2014, 01:18 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know how some of you guys write about such personal
stuff on line. Even this post is causing me anxiety and concern in case someone I know reads it and guesses it's me :D

Please don't take this the wrong way, but just remember you're not that special ;) IMO we're pretty similar anyway. For any deep emotional thing you might have, the are lots & lots & lots & lots of people in the world who have pretty much the same issue with different details, nobody just talks about that stuff. If I had to describe some random friend of mine, I'd tell you what he looks like, how old he is, what he does for a living, what are his hobbies, where he's been lately, etc. So I try to avoid that kind of stuff.
(06-22-2014, 03:14 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! This is based on my experience so far (now stage 5, day 6), with my personality and now with some eft for the last 20 days.

(06-22-2014, 01:18 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know how some of you guys write about such personal
stuff on line. Even this post is causing me anxiety and concern in case someone I know reads it and guesses it's me Big Grin

Please don't take this the wrong way, but just remember you're not that special Wink IMO we're pretty similar anyway. For any deep emotional thing you might have, the are lots & lots & lots & lots of people in the world who have pretty much the same issue with different details, nobody just talks about that stuff. If I had to describe some random friend of mine, I'd tell you what he looks like, how old he is, what he does for a living, what are his hobbies, where he's been lately, etc. So I try to avoid that kind of stuff.

AM6 will deal with that too, I had anxiety about that too before running AM5. I even know some friends of mine who can deduce who I am in this forum. But don't care that much instead it prove them I don't care about what they could say.
(06-22-2014, 03:26 AM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]AM6 will deal with that too, I had anxiety about that too before running AM5. I even know some friends of mine who can deduce who I am in this forum. But don't care that much instead it prove them I don't care about what they could say.

We'll see. Its not so much about friends - especially close friends - finding out I'm writing something, its more about avoiding any unnecessary labels being stapled onto me by people who don't know me (well). For example, if for some reason my face would show up in every TV in the world and it had a text stating that I am a "pickup guy", "self-help guy" or whatever, then I believe people would fetch the image that label represents in their mind (probably something sleazy, nerdy, dishonest, desperate, etc.) and attach it to me. Then when I'd meet new people I'd have to get through that 'initial reaction' they had of me, which I don't believe is completely accurate on all counts. Women especially are often very careful of their image, so I'd expect them to not want anything negative attached to them by association either. I admit there's some anxiety there, but there are just purely practical points to it as well. I'm not against having a polarizing image per se, I just want the image to be somewhat accurate.
Thanks for all your replies guys. You've helped lay my concerns to rest and I understand what you're saying about how I'll become a better version of "me". You've also given me a different perspective on things, like about posting on-line showing that you don't care about the opinions of others. I'm obviously not at this stage just yet.

I guess I had it in my mind that I might end up turning into one of those alpha males who is loud and obnoxious and who wades into
situations wiping their penis all over it without any concern for others. I'm talking figuratively here of course, but you know the sort
I mean, people who have no respect for other people's boundaries or feelings.

I like to do things in my own time and on my own terms, I'm not someone who likes to always be the center of attention and who has to involve everyone in the things I do. I'd just like to have more confidence, poise and authority with my own way of doing things. I think Shannon mentioned that there are different types of alpha male and perhaps the type I've described above is the stereotypical "jock" type. There tends to be a lot of this sort where I live and I find them very annoying and they get the women of course, but this is probably just down to their confidence.
(06-25-2014, 11:11 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I had it in my mind that I might end up turning into one of those alpha males who is loud and obnoxious and who wades into
situations wiping their penis all over it without any concern for others
. I'm talking figuratively here of course, but you know the sort
I mean, people who have no respect for other people's boundaries or feelings.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(06-25-2014, 11:11 AM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]I like to do things in my own time and on my own terms, I'm not someone who likes to always be the center of attention and who has to involve everyone in the things I do. I'd just like to have more confidence, poise and authority with my own way of doing things. I think Shannon mentioned that there are different types of alpha male and perhaps the type I've described above is the stereotypical "jock" type. There tends to be a lot of this sort where I live and I find them very annoying and they get the women of course, but this is probably just down to their confidence.

I think you will a center of attention if you do AM6, at least more than before. People who are successful are a center of attention.

Of course everyone is a different Alpha and you don't have to yell to be an Alpha quiet the opposite in fact. It's the attitude, you don't force things, they come naturally to you instead.

An alpha is a leader so he will involve people in things he will do like an entrepreneur. But he will not destroy other people in the process.

I think you can read some thread about this, you are not the first to ask this. You can read the book "how to become an Alpha Male" to have a clear understanding. Shannon use this book as a definition to the AM sub so you consciously know how you should behave.
How to become an alpha male gives you an idea, but the program does not need it to make you an alpha male. It just helps to sort of give a consistent "definition" from which to work.
You may want to use LTU instead if you don't wan't to move too fast. It's a like a mini AM6. It's more easier and you won't get "kicked" like with AM6.
I've done a quick search on Amazon - is that book by John Alexander?

I did LTU for 3 months and it made some positive changes but I felt that during the third month I didn't see any further progress so I stopped. I wasn't getting anywhere near the results some others have reported, which makes me wonder if I resisted it quite a bit. Which then doesn't bode too well for AM6 if it is even more "dangerous" than LTU in that my subconcious might resist it even more.

Since my ultimate goal is just to meet a girl and have a steady girlfriend perhaps one of the 'Attract your perfect...' subs might be better. It's not like I want to become a master PUA or anything. Just one girl would do me. It's just that given my previous lack of success with women I find it hard to believe that my dream girl is just going to pop up out of nowhere.
Yes it's the John Alexander book. You may want to read the AM6 pdf instruction.
http://subliminal-talk.com/attachment.php?aid=106
If I were you I would do AM6 but it's your choice. If you want the easy path or the harder path. I don't know which is best for you. AM6 might even be the easier path actually.
You might want to consider EPHRA, a lot of guys has got good result from it too and it's free.
If you didn't get any resistance from LTU or not a lot then I think AM6 will be "easy" for you.

If you want to do the attract sub you might want to ask yourself the question. Am I able to wait around 4 month playing a sub from which I might get no results? Because eventually I think you will ask you this question when doing it. There is still a little price to pay on your part for this sub which is the wait.

You can consider reading the Fonzy Thread about his success with the attraction sub then or the story with Shannon
I have found another post by Shannon that will clear any doubt you may have:
http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-What-i...7#pid34957
I read it again and I would like it another time if it was possible.
Pages: 1 2