Subliminal Talk

Full Version: So, how do you listen ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me personally, I tend to use the ultrasonic track 99% of the time. I'll listen to it all night on Sleepphones (on a safe volume that won't change) & through earbuds throughout the day. I love the earbuds what I have as I can still clearly hear EVERYTHING else what's going on, I can listen to music, hold conversations, work safely ect..... It really is great...

How about you guys ? Anyone noticed a difference in results between ultrasonic vs masked ? or favour masked (for what ever reason) ?
I have the wired and wireless sleepphones and they move now while I'm sleeping, they've become to loose, not size wise but grip/rubber bandness has disappeared. I have the smallest size and "one size fits all"

how long have you had yours for, and how do you avoid it from moving or slipping off your ear
Just lately realized that 5G especially needs headphones, and that I've been effectively only listening to mono ultrasonics at night (one ear in the pillow, the other one hears both speakers).. so now its only headphones for me! I've had my Sleepphones for less than a week now. "one size fits most", feels good at least for now. Listening to the Trickling stream track, but might try ultrasonics soon because I tend to focus on the sound & not get that much sleep with the masked track.
I've had mine for about a week now. They don't really move around much from my experience (I mustn't move around much in my sleep). Have you tried washing the band in a hot wash ? It should shrink it a bit and give you a better fit. That's what I'll be doing with these if they start to become loose.
(06-12-2014, 11:08 PM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]Just lately realized that 5G especially needs headphones, and that I've been effectively only listening to mono ultrasonics at night (one ear in the pillow, the other one hears both speakers).. so now its only headphones for me! I've had my Sleepphones for less than a week now. "one size fits most", feels good at least for now. Listening to the Trickling stream track, but might try ultrasonics soon because I tend to focus on the sound & not get that much sleep with the masked track.

I might give the trickling stream track a shot tonight. It's essentially down to training your conscious mind to ignore the sound and not focus on it. It's a good ability to have if you can master it.

How loud do you have it ? Comfortable quite, comfortable or comfortable loud ?
(06-12-2014, 11:24 PM)adam225 Wrote: [ -> ]I might give the trickling stream track a shot tonight. It's essentially down to training your conscious mind to ignore the sound and not focus on it. It's a good ability to have if you can master it.

How loud do you have it ? Comfortable quite, comfortable or comfortable loud ?

Yep I also thought it would be a good to learn to ignore sounds, because right now I'm pretty sensitive to sounds & light when I sleep. I have it somewhere between quiet & comfortable and I thought I'll raise it when I get used to it.

I am somewhat worried because Shannon lately stated in another thread that the subliminal messages are some 40-60dB quiter than the masking track, so if the masking track itself is played at a very low volume, then the volume of the subliminals will be so low that there might not adequate resolution left in my phone's DAC to accurately reproduce the very small changes in signal level. This would not be a an issue with the ultrasonic track as the volume is higher. Or it could actually be that the DAC always outputs at a constant level and its followed by an amplifier, but that amp must also have a set resolution/bit depth.. anyone know something about this?