Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Why is subliminal programming more effective than hypnosis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question:
Why is subliminal programming more effective than hypnosis? It is very much more effective!!!!!
From what I remember it's more effective in the long term and less effective in the short term. (the subliminal)
It's person and situation dependent. One isn't as such better than the other.
The question has a presupposition included and actually opens a can of worms way larger than you might expect.

What kind of hypnosis are you referring to, and how exactly do you measure the effectiveness?

It's way harder to find "subliminals vs hypnosis" arguments than subliminals in conjunction with hypnosis (but, preferably, not at the same time).
Well. I was referring to confidence hypnosis. I have found at least for myself that subliminals are more effective for me. I am currently using ASC 5G and it's the only subliminal product that's ever worked for me!
Right. There's many ways to practice hypnosis, most schools relying on overt, direct suggestion, and that has proven to be efficient, in general, only for a short term. But there is way more than that in the hypnosis world. It can be content-based, when you find concretely and positively reframe what event(s) from your past prevent your natural sense of confidence to unveil, it can be via unconscious symbolism, or it can even be content-free when the hypnotist guides your unconscious mind to do certain operations and you don't know for the hell of it what's going on, but you feel the effects and even have insights after/while the problem is solved.

Hypnotists who do something that one may categorize as "magic" are, obviously, harder to find than the ones who follow a script-based methodology, but are worth it, if you can afford. However, a high quality hypnosis session is in a whole different category than a high quality subliminal, the first one being interactive (if it's not interactive and the hypnotist talks "at" you without acknowledging your verbal/non-verbal feedback, that's not high quality hypnosis).

Ultimately, you're right - by all means just GO with these subliminals before considering a hypnosis session! Even if you go for the commercial ones, they're cheaper, and you can reinforce the learnings as you wish. If you went for hypnosis and it was less efficient than ASC, then maybe the hypnotist(s) you went to need a bit of a wake up call.

To paraphrase someone I respect a lot, "hypnosis is not something one does to people, it's not even something one does with people, but something one becomes". It is a science to a point and a deep improvisational and intuition-based art form from that point onwards, which, like everything, requires a lot of dedication and practice. If you went for hypnosis and didn't have a thorough shift in your perspective about the world, you are in for a great surprise when you encounter something closer to what's top notch in this field. I'm happy to have been awesomely surprised both regarding hypnosis, AND regarding subliminals - the latter coming after testing Shannon's ASC, as you're doing.

Now I'm not sure myself where I'm going with this, but the message above may give a hint as to why I replied to your question Smile . Cheers!
Hopefully this doesn't affect Subliminal Shop's sales... but i've read somewhere that hypnosis is more for intuitive/emotional type of people, and subliminals for mental/intellectual types. I can see the validity in that statement. Some people are more right brain/imagination oriented, and others left brain/logically oriented. I guess the question you need to ask yourself is, "Do I consciously choose to make a change, but find that my subconscious tends to doubt itself? Or do I subconsciously know I should make a change, but consciously doubt myself?" The real answer though is to just use whatever works in bringing about the results you seek.
Fully agree with the idea to see what's out there, test, and use what works for you.

Regarding the classification hypnosis/subliminals for emotional/intellectual people, it is hard for me to believe in it's accuracy - it's practically extremely difficult to make a reasonable study on that, so I believe it's more of a postulate based on some intuition.

I consider that both can be used for both, the matter being that of adjusting some parameters. It is, indeed, different for me to hypnotize more intellectual-oriented people, compared to the more emotional-oriented ones (roughly speaking), but I don't see it as harder or easier. Regarding the subliminals, I can't say much other than the fact that I'm very intellectually oriented (got my MSc and PhD following my vocation for pure theoretical real sciences), yet Shannon's subliminals work tremendously for me!
(07-02-2014, 01:23 AM)Imagine Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this doesn't affect Subliminal Shop's sales... but i've read somewhere that hypnosis is more for intuitive/emotional type of people, and subliminals for mental/intellectual types. I can see the validity in that statement. Some people are more right brain/imagination oriented, and others left brain/logically oriented. I guess the question you need to ask yourself is, "Do I consciously choose to make a change, but find that my subconscious tends to doubt itself? Or do I subconsciously know I should make a change, but consciously doubt myself?" The real answer though is to just use whatever works in bringing about the results you seek.

I would disagree with this. Hypnosis properly practiced can work equally well for either type of person, it just requires a person who is skilled enough in the right approach. My grandmother could not hypnotize my chemist grandfather, for instance, but her instructor could - and did. He never even knew it until she decided she needed to prove him wrong and told him, whereupon he promptly undid everything her instructor had done, and lost all benefit, just because he could not let her "be right". Just like she could not keep her mouth shut and let him think he was right in his refusal to believe hypnosis worked...

That's just one example. I have seen both work for both types of people. It may be true that people who consciously are more in tune with their emotional side are more readily hypnotic, but it is not true that hypnosis is "for" one and subliminals are "for" another. Both require cooperation, and when that comes, so do the results.
Yeah, I definitely can see and agree with what you guys are saying. I didn't mean it to sound as if either hypnosis or subliminals ONLY works for either types of people, but it's an interesting theory and I can see where they're coming from with that. In the end though, like Shannon said, true change can only come from one's own intent. Hypnosis or subliminals... they're only tools in helping manifest and support that intent. It is ourselves who truly allow that change to happen. Everything else is just scripting, technique, and personal opinion.
I have tried both hypnosis and subliminals. I can tell you from my experience that I feel subliminals are more effective. The problem is most subliminals out there on the market just don't work, but Shannon's does. I'm using ASC 5G right now and I can tell you that it works! These subliminals without a doubt are the most effective, the most powerful and the best subliminals on the market! Period.