Subliminal Talk

Full Version: playing tracks + Music/speakers questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the deal with listening to music + Subliminal

can I play them both on my computer at the same time through the same speakers? Or do I have to use my ipod dock/headphoens for the subliminal and computer for hte music, or vice versa? How does this work.. If the latter is the case i need to buy a new ipod dock, any recommendations? I think the speakers are blown in mine anyway.

Also if the speakers are "blowN" (crack at very high volumes in the treble) does this mean that they are too damaged for the tracks? Thanks
The majority of modern computers can play more than one audio stream at once w/o choking so yes, you can play the subliminal in addition to music on your computer. If you have a media player like VLC (videolan client), you can have 2 instances of VLC open. One plays the subliminal and the other plays whatever you want to listen to or watch.
If your speakers are damaged or begin to "clip" the audio signal before it gets too loud, you might need some new ones.
(10-16-2010, 09:53 AM)djl4 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the deal with listening to music + Subliminal

can I play them both on my computer at the same time through the same speakers? Or do I have to use my ipod dock/headphoens for the subliminal and computer for hte music, or vice versa? How does this work.. If the latter is the case i need to buy a new ipod dock, any recommendations? I think the speakers are blown in mine anyway.

Also if the speakers are "blowN" (crack at very high volumes in the treble) does this mean that they are too damaged for the tracks? Thanks

Good advice from RonatelloSmile And yes, you can play your sub while doing/listening to other things. I would consider new speakers if they're cracking, or maybe you have the volume set too high. Generally, you should have the sub playing at a good enough volume level as whatever else you're listening to, but if you're speakers are crackling, that tells me that either you need to turn down your volume, or you're ready for new speakers. It kind of depends on how loud you want your music. Hope that helps!
(10-16-2010, 08:06 PM)ronatello Wrote: [ -> ]The majority of modern computers can play more than one audio stream at once w/o choking so yes, you can play the subliminal in addition to music on your computer. If you have a media player like VLC (videolan client), you can have 2 instances of VLC open. One plays the subliminal and the other plays whatever you want to listen to or watch.
If your speakers are damaged or begin to "clip" the audio signal before it gets too loud, you might need some new ones.

The answer to this is both yes and no. It actually depends a bit on the music file being played. If the music is hitting the same frequencies the ultrasonic is (if it hasn't been clipped, or there's residual noise), on the same speaker, it most definitely can potentially interfere. Also there's the question of audio cards/quality, the music player, etc.

Technical arguments aside, if you want to be sure the best way to go is to simply play them on separate speakers, through separate devices. If you are using the masked subliminal, playing music louder than the masked subliminal is going to cause trouble on a cognitive level as they are again in the same frequency range. The ultrasonics are the only format to be played with music.

All these points are debatable, but the fact is if you want to be sure/and or play it safe, just separate it.
(10-17-2010, 08:42 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2010, 08:06 PM)ronatello Wrote: [ -> ]The majority of modern computers can play more than one audio stream at once w/o choking so yes, you can play the subliminal in addition to music on your computer. If you have a media player like VLC (videolan client), you can have 2 instances of VLC open. One plays the subliminal and the other plays whatever you want to listen to or watch.

The answer to this is both yes and no. It actually depends a bit on the music file being played. If the music is hitting the same frequencies the ultrasonic is (if it hasn't been clipped, or there's residual noise), on the same speaker, it most definitely can potentially interfere. Also there's the question of audio cards/quality, the music player, etc.

Technical arguments aside, if you want to be sure the best way to go is to simply play them on separate speakers, through separate devices. If you are using the masked subliminal, playing music louder than the masked subliminal is going to cause trouble on a cognitive level as they are again in the same frequency range. The ultrasonics are the only format to be played with music.

All these points are debatable, but the fact is if you want to be sure/and or play it safe, just separate it.

That's good to know since whenever I listen to subliminals on my computer I also listen to music. Though of course I use ultrasonic. I'll try hard to listen to subliminals only from now on.

My computer speakers although rated as 40hz-20khz also seem to crack at high volumes. Does this mean I should keep the volume down or do I need a new set of speakers?