Subliminal Talk

Full Version: favourite activities / interests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay,
Topic says it all:
What do you like to do, whether is like hanging out at the shopping mall, photography, sailing, travel, and so on?

Mine are (in no particular order of importance)
Beaches
Photography
Sight-seeing
Salsa / Latin dancing
Storm spotting / watching (yes, I'm a NWS storm spotter!)
Watching (and riffing on) poorly made movies (I'm a MSTie)
Water parks
Amusement parks
Computers
Music (I play a bit of piano)
Travel
ohh, good topic!Smile

For me, it's:

Walking/hiking
biking
travel
reading
movies
cooking
horseback riding
hanging out with friends/family
bowling (the lazy man's sport!lol)
games
writing
swimming

Always open to trying new things!
And of course, there are things I do, and things I'd LIKE to do, so that would be a much longer list: would love to learn how to dance, rock climb and learn how to play the flute. We shall seeSmile
Ice Hockey - Atlanta Thrashers
Rollerblading / Street Hockey
Hiking
Biking
Resistance training/weights
Life Drawing - Nudes
Traveling
Camping
Reading
Internet
Movies
Music/Hard Rock
Sushi
Mexican Food
Parties
Concerts
Car Rides + Starbuck's
Hookah
Drinking - Bars
2 weeks no smoking cigarettes, but I may be going Blu Electric instead! Smile
Around Halloween I enjoy going 'ghost hunting' at haunted locations Smile
(10-17-2010, 06:13 AM)Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Ice Hockey - Atlanta Thrashers
Rollerblading / Street Hockey
Hiking
Biking
Resistance training/weights
Life Drawing - Nudes
Traveling
Camping
Reading
Internet
Movies
Music/Hard Rock
Sushi
Mexican Food
Parties
Concerts
Car Rides + Starbuck's
Hookah
Drinking - Bars
2 weeks no smoking cigarettes, but I may be going Blu Electric instead! Smile
Around Halloween I enjoy going 'ghost hunting' at haunted locations Smile

ghost hunting! Now that's a good one! Any strange experiences? I've always wanted to go on one of those. Where I live, there's actually a ghost hunter group that goes out and investigates with their equipment, sorta like TAPS.
Yeah there are a bunch of groups like that down here in Atlanta. A lot of very cool civil war battlegrounds to check out late at night. We've had weird experiences. I actually have a girl friend who says she can sense (and sometimes see) ghosts. Her sister is even worse, sees ghosts everywhere she goes, so she will never go into a place like that at night. I've gone out one time with two girls (one was the girl I was just referring to). It's a really dark, cave like train passage where a battle took place. We were out there and stopped, and she and the other girl I was with were grabbing my arms telling me they saw two soldiers standing in front of us with a horse. After a few minutes we approached this area and immediately shined a light to the left in the bushes (we heard a noise), something really huge went running away 1/2 second after our flash light hit the bush, the noise just vanished seconds later. Later, we found an old 'quilt' like cloth laying on the wall we were seating on before entering. We got several pictures of a misty horse at this place but it could have been our imagination. One night me and my buddy went into the same place alone without a flash light. We were just walking along talking about random crap and I saw a misty shaped figure walk behind a bush about 5 feet in front of me to the right. Took me a second to realize what I just saw but we turned, yelled at it asking who's there... All we got back was a loud growl which we decided to get out of there quickly.

Some other things, my friend got EVPs at an old mill ruin. We were sitting around at a spot so many people from a ghost tour reported being touched. My friend told the ghost to do something before we leave. A second later on tape we caught, "just watch and see". Another haunted battlefield we went to late at night, surrounded completely by woods. No houses in sight since it is closed at night. Basically it was a tree-less hill in the middle of the woods. We were standing there completely silent and then we heard a noise which at first sounded like an ambulance in the woods, then shifted into 100's of people screaming, running through the woods to the side of us which then traveled about 1/2 mile behind us. What's weird is that, these were dense woods, no lights, and the people that we heard, basically ran a mile in about 10 seconds. We kept walking around to find these people, never heard nor saw anyone.

It's fun even if you don't experience anything, your mind plays tricks on you half the time Wink
@ Ryan I was supposed to do the tech stuff for a ghost hunters group here in my town but couldn't do it because of school at the time. My old house was really haunted my mom had seen at least a hundred shadows that looked like Native Americans walking through the living room and since where my house was used to be a hunting spot it makes sense.

Video games - more specifically designing games hence the college trip
programming
music
movies
internet
reading
camping
playing guitar
skateboarding
biking
hiking
mountain climbing
drinking
drawing
cosplaying-like Comic Con and Pax
replica prop making
building computers
swimming
whatever other fun awesome things i can try like sky diving or scuba diving
Listening to Music
Playing Music
Editing Music Videos
Editing Television Shows
Traveling for work (Driving can be a pain but the destinations are worth it)
Reading
Eating right
Stretching
Exercising
Yogic Breathing (I am in the process of making this my natural way of breathing.)
Taking Poops
The occasional blunt
Enjoying the outdoors
Watching movies
Watching and playing sports (football, softball)
Being with loved ones
Experiencing being (this could mean alot of different things for different people. I am also in the process of being all the time.)
I am now more open for adventures and different opportunities. Smile

Most of all.. I LOVE making other people smile.
Watching movies and playing football is my favorite hobbies.
I play football in my free time but some time i watch action movies.