Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Learning and mentoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon, I've got two questions for you.

1. How did you learn everything you know today ? And how would someone be able to gain as much knowledge as you ?
  2. Do you plan on mentoring a young guy or girl so that if you were to die, your secrets would be safe ?

Thank you Smile
1) Read some Richard Bandler books (this guy is amazing) I'm reading "treating nonsense with nonsense". It's amazing/crazy/powerfull/great yet very simple plus it's fun Smile.

Great question by the way, I was wondering that too. You can read Shannon complete Journal you'll learn a lot about him too.
http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Shanno...l-Volume-2
Thank you for your answer Smile I need to read some Richard Bandler when I have some time left to me Big Grin
I am also reading Shannon's Journal bit by bit and it's soo interesting ! I do still wonder how Shannon knows everything he knows Tongue
(06-02-2014, 01:57 PM)Adri Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon, I've got two questions for you.

1. How did you learn everything you know today ? And how would someone be able to gain as much knowledge as you ?
  2. Do you plan on mentoring a young guy or girl so that if you were to die, your secrets would be safe ?

Thank you Smile

1. I am an unusual case. I started off reading my grandmothers books on hypnosis and NLP, including some by Bandler and Grinder as well as Milton Erikson, Harry Aaron, Fross and others you've probably never heard of. (Hint: 1950's and 60's books are usually very good compared to a lot of what is available today, except from those same authors who have released more recent works.) I also spent a lot of time observing how the people who were doing this when I started did it, and basically I took what they were doing and tried to find and fix the problems, while enhancing the good stuff. The rest has been research and development, experimentation and trial and error, although we of course don't release things until they have passed our testing process.

How would someone gain as much knowledge as I have? Be socially incompetent for the first half of your life, with an overactive mind and spend too much time satisfying your curiosity by reading and experimenting instead of socializing. lol But barring that basically educate yourself as to the psychology of the subconscious mind and mind programming with an eye towards the realization that everything must be proven, since most of what is commonly accepted as true is questionable at least in part, and as I have shown in the past more than once, is sometimes flat wrong. Use a logical approach to proving these things. Develop a keen eye for observation, and learn body language and hidden motivations. Then observe, observe, observe.

2. There will come a day when I write a book on how I do what I do. It's sooner than later, because I'm going to have to write it for myself. This stuff is getting too complex for me to remember all at once. But that manual won't be released to the public until probably decades from now, if ever. It will depend on whether or not one of my progeny decides to take up the mantle after me, and whether or not it would benefit the world more to know how I do this, or not to. Remember that with great power comes great responsibility. If I release this information to another person or other people, I would have to trust that it would not be harmful to do so: the point of all my work is to make the world a better place, not put manipulation tools in the hands of those who happen to find it convenient and useful to control others subtly for their own benefit.

There would have to be a monumental amount of trust in a person I would mentor, not just because of what power this knowledge would give them, but because it has to be made properly, each and every time. Currently the only person I would even consider for that level of trust, who has the requisite intelligence, is absolutely not interested.

But no worries. We've got this. :-)
I had wondered whether earlier generations of the tech could be 'open source' so to speak, but if you think that it could be seriously misused, then I guess not.

I am assuming Adri is after the job Smile

Could you create a sub that would make it impossible for a person to misuse the technology, thus countering the trust issue to some extent?

What about compartmentalising it so that others can help, but can only see specific parts and not the whole? Or maybe have a centralised server that runs the only version of the software, can't be replicated and records everything it is used for?

There is so much potential here, and your time is a seriously limiting factor. Of course, it is your business, but I suspect that BAMM will encourage you to start delegating at some point Smile
(07-01-2014, 01:45 PM)swisston Wrote: [ -> ]I am assuming Adri is after the job Smile

Haha, I do am Tongue A "job" merging technology, audio and brain science would be a match to my interests. Plus helping people by doing that would be amazing because there's so much potential in this technology ! And I love helping others ! I would also be interested in that because I'm still young (19) and I would have the potential to make it live after Shannon's life (and I wish a very long life to Shannon here Big Grin) for quite some time !
But of course, the criterias of selection are Shannon's choice and I do think he would prefer to choose people he already knows Smile

By the way, I do like your idea of creating a sub to make it impossible for people to misuse the tech, good idea Big Grin