Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Affiliate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Andrew,

I hope, you´ve got some news for me concerning affiliate plattform that should have finished 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Please tell me, if there is any news - if not, I will shut my seo websites finally down.

Best to entire subliminal-shop-team,
Philipp
I have people that would like to pay me for changing their lives with these subs as well please put the affiliate system back up!

Thanks

Fonzy
I shut my affiliate page down now.
Sorry to say, but I am disappointed by the amount of support concerning website and affiliate stuff.

I really do like your products and use them on a daily basis, but not getting an answer or providing deadlines, that aren´t kept, doesn´t make me very happy -.-
It's one guy trying to manage everything. Chill out, find another way to make money in the meantime. He's putting more effort into creating subs, especially since discovering a new engine called magnus.
(06-10-2014, 07:15 AM)lokko Wrote: [ -> ]It's one guy trying to manage everything. Chill out, find another way to make money in the meantime. He's putting more effort into creating subs, especially since discovering a new engine called magnus.

No, Shannon is not managing the affiliate stuff... They have a separate web developer.
I am also interested in the affiliate scheme - I will have clients soon and would very much like to promote these products to them, specifically Weightloss, bodybuilding and enjoying exercise.
The developer I had fell through. The affiliate system requires a lot of custom development. All the current systems out there are a joke at preventing fraud, and is why we shut down the old one. There are countless online stores that have done the same, it got to the point they literally could not run their business because there was so much fraud. I cannot tell any of you when there will be one because we have not, and do not have any options. I am trying to create options.

You're upset. I get it. You can be upset with me, like mentioned earlier Shannon isn't directly involved in setting it up although he asks me about it frequently.
When you say fraud, are you referring to click fraud or people faking payments somehow? If you are only paying out on purchases made, then presumably that would limit fraud to fake credit card purchases... and that would soon be discovered, presumably before any affiliate payment is made.

Could you limit the scheme to people you semi-trust to begin with, rather than simply opening it up to all and sundry?

Anyone serious would want to build a long term, mutually beneficial relationship with IML, rather than defrauding you.
Click/Tracking fraud, both intentional and unintentional.

Unintentional/Grey area - A lot of our customers go to many similar self-help websites and forums. Affiliates would post their links there, and very often pre-existing customers would wind up registering as commissions when they were just curious where the links led or for convenience didn't realize they were affiliate links.

Intentional - Some affiliates were posting up fake sites offering titles like Alpha Male for free or even fake sites pretending to be ours. Their links would then redirect to our site and pre-existing customers or customers that haven't bought yet but were tricked by fakes would then show up as commissions.

This would seem like common sense in an affiliate system-being able to automatically check and cancel out pre-existing customers, people who visited our site first before an affiliate link, etc. BUT ITS NOT. I wish it was. It created a giant leak in revenue, and while I made sure not to pay out the scammers, it was very disheartening to have to deny many commissions to affiliates who were genuinely trying to make money honestly. Not to mention extremely time consuming for me to cross-reference each commission in about 10-different ways each time someone buys.

This is why it requires custom development. The previous system wound up leaking so badly we would have been better off not having one at all.
(09-24-2014, 04:08 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]Click/Tracking fraud, both intentional and unintentional.

So you were paying on click throughs rather than end purchases?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but if you only pay on purchases (no sale, no payment) and regard the 10% affiliate payment as a marketing expense that you spend on every purchase regardless (so it doesn't feel like a loss).... then you have a workable scheme. Up your prices a bit if you need to.

And I don't see the problem with affiliates encouraging existing customers to buy another product. It may be that they didn't see it before, or didn't see the need for it or just didn't think it was worth the money. If an affiliate (aka your salesman) convinces them to make the purchase, then they have made you a sale that may not have otherwise.

As I mentioned before, using a pre-approved affiliates scheme would remove most of the shysters before it ever starts.

You could try it with just a handful of people you know from the forum - at least they will have a genuine understanding of what the products are, how to use them, what the limitations are etc. Heck, limit it to people doing BASE or BAMM if you have to Smile
(09-25-2014, 12:39 AM)swisston Wrote: [ -> ]So you were paying on click throughs rather than end purchases?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but if you only pay on purchases (no sale, no payment) and regard the 10% affiliate payment

No, we only gave commission end sales. Also we gave 50% affiliate payment. We decided early on to try and not give anything less than 50% and that is still our goal.
(09-25-2014, 06:14 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]No, we only gave commission end sales. Also we gave 50% affiliate payment. We decided early on to try and not give anything less than 50% and that is still our goal.

I'm in Smile

50% gives your affiliates a lot more room for paid promotion work. I like it.
Hmm...this sounds really interesting Big Grin
Pages: 1 2