Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Shannon - Bluetooth speaker/headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon,

Are Bluetooth headphones or speaker OK to use with your products ? I've been told that there can be a certain amount of "loss" when transmitting Bluetooth signals vs wired. Apparently the loss is depended on the quality of the item (obviously). I was thinking as your 5g files are quite large, do you think the loss would be significant enough to effect the impact of the sub ?

Can you please clarify.

Thank you !!
http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Shanno...-2?page=66

AwesomeYoungDude Wrote:
Shannon, any issues using stereo Bluetooth headphones or speakers?
Shannon:
To the best of my understanding, Bluetooth is a short range version of wifi. It should have no effect on audio quality.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:sub...+bluetooth
Thanks, I actually read that though (i have searched), I interpreted the "to the best of my understanding" part as he wasn't 100% sure. I then got told this today and thought maybe I should raise it (just in case). It may not be an issue, but I'd rather be 100% sure and know for a fact, then have the idea in the back of my head, if you see what I mean....
100% sure is quiet hard. It depends on the manufacturer too. Maybe some of them cut the audio quality. You should search on Google the best Bluetooth headphone and then read/watch review to know if the audio quality is there.
I've actually got a set of Bose Bluetooth headphones lol. The quality on them is excellent. If I understood more about subliminals I'd be able to work it out myself. It's just that this 5g stuff seems really complex and I wouldn't want to be wasting time listening to something that I'm not fully benefiting from.

It also benefits everyone else as well, specially with the amount of Bluetooth equipment flooding the stores now...

I've just found this on the BrainEV forum: http://forum.brainev.com/getting-started...eadphones/

Quote:I've actually got a set of Bose Bluetooth headphones lol. The quality on them is excellent. If I understood more about subliminals I'd be able to work it out myself. It's just that this 5g stuff seems really complex and I wouldn't want to be wasting time listening to something that I'm not fully benefiting from.

It also benefits everyone else as well, specially with the amount of Bluetooth equipment flooding the stores now...

I've just found this on the BrainEV forum: http://forum.brainev.com/getting-started...eadphones/

The Good:
I think the frequency response is adequate (20 to 20KHz).
It also does not employ active noise isolation.

The (maybe) Bad:
They employ some kind of white noise filter. I think this is an electrical filter for the device itself and probably does not filter intentional white noise from the audio, but it's not 100% clear.
The bluetooth technology will digitally compress and decompress the audio signal. The quality of this compression is unknown, so you can't be sure you aren't losing something.
With any wireless techonology, there is always the possibility that your headphones will miss parts of the audio being sent through the air. They claim to "miss" less than other brands, but you still never know how much that is and can't be sure you won't miss something important in the entrainment tracks.

All that being said, I see you are considering them for Brain Salon and Nitrofocus, and not for BrainEv. So, if your budget allows it and you really want to be wireless, I think they are probably a good bet to take a chance on. Then you can guage for yourself if you are getting a good enough effect with them.

For BrainEv, I would advise to stick with regular wired headphones.

The difference being that BrainEv tends to employ greater changes in entrainment frequencies, and also is more geared towards trying to make permanent changes, so I think it's more critical to make sure you don't miss anything. For the other two, if you miss an entrainment "beat" here or there, it's probably not as big of a deal since you will get a lot more "beats" at that same/similar frequency.

Best Regards,
Infinite
I'm going to write my opinion:
- I don't trust Bluetooth and WiFi technology because it's wireless.
- I don't trust company even if they say "I am sure of something" and obviously they admit themselves that they miss something.

So conclusion: don't use it. Wireless headphone is not usable yet unless you don't care about the quality.