Subliminal Talk

Full Version: What happens to my inner child?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been researching just a bit on the inner child and I'm wondering what does the inner child of a true alpha man look like? Before I started AM6, through my dreams and day dreams I would always see my inner child locked away in his room without a door, and just sit there silently and play with legos, like all day. He was frightened and refused to leave his room, which is not a good psychological sign at all.

I read somewhere that the inner child has to die before you can become an alpha male, and that for most people this is taken care of in some manhood ritual (Bar Mitzvah, Shooting of a Gun, Losing one's virginity, none of which I've experienced).

I've seen some conflicting information that everyone has an inner child, and that an alpha male simply delegates his desires from that of his inner child to his new found identity as a man. Basically I'm not sure if I'm supposed to kill my inner child or help it out at this point. Does it naturally die away?

Could anyone shine some light on this?
(05-26-2014, 05:03 PM)Artemis Wrote: [ -> ]I've been researching just a bit on the inner child and I'm wondering what does the inner child of a true alpha man look like? Before I started AM6, through my dreams and day dreams I would always see my inner child locked away in his room without a door, and just sit there silently and play with legos, like all day. He was frightened and refused to leave his room, which is not a good psychological sign at all.

I read somewhere that the inner child has to die before you can become an alpha male, and that for most people this is taken care of in some manhood ritual (Bar Mitzvah, Shooting of a Gun, Losing one's virginity, none of which I've experienced).

I've seen some conflicting information that everyone has an inner child, and that an alpha male simply delegates his desires from that of his inner child to his new found identity as a man. Basically I'm not sure if I'm supposed to kill my inner child or help it out at this point. Does it naturally die away?

Killing it doesn't seem right to me. If it's locked in a room playing with lego I shouldn't think it could be inhibiting you. If the child is a fear then aren't you supposed to face fears and they go away? I'm guessing the 'child' would then just vanish.
I'm not an expert on this topic, nor well read or experienced on the topic of being an alpha male... but from what I understand about our inner child, is that it's basically all of our experiences, thoughts, feelings, emotions, and "imprints" we had as a child. This is a really good link I found while researching more about it from this thread: http://www.crystalinks.com/innerchild.html

I'm not exactly sure if one can "kill" it or if it will ever go away, but from what i've experienced with my own inner child, is that it needs to be loved. I would most definitely be classified as the "Spoiled Child", lol. I've noticed that all my negative thoughts and emotions tend to stem from that root. There is this voice in my head that is always looking for attention and wanting to do things for attention. If I don't get it, I usually end up pissed off at the world and everyone in it, or i'll go and sulk in a corner til the experience passes. It's a really selfish aspect of myself but i'm slowly becoming more and more consciously aware of it. Before, like say when I was a child, I was completely unaware of it. Now that i'm older, it's becoming more of a choice. I can choose whether or not I want to give in to it's selfish demands, or simply see it for what it is. A part of myself that wants to be love and accepted. It's also because of it, I realize that it's more important, and even satisfying, to do things for the unconditional benefit of other people rather than personal recognition, attention, etc.

It's different for everyone though. For some, they suppress their "Playful Child" and instead only focus on work, work, work, work, work. They leave no time for rest or relaxation. I wouldn't doubt their inner child is constantly asking them to just let it all go for a while and make time to play. I don't think the inner child is all negative though. I'm sure some people still have their inner child intact and infused with their adult selves. Take Einstein for example. He was like an adult child genius. He said that all his insights came through intuition and a playful sense of wonder. The same went for Nikola Tesla and Sir Issac Newton. I don't think it's only limited to scientists or physicists, but to be an innovator in that field, or anything in life really, you need to keep yourself open to the infinite wondrous possibilities of the Universe. As children, we weren't really concerned with the "answers" to our life situations. We kind of just were. Going along with the flow. Doing our own thing. It's not until we became older and developed our "ego" or social mask/identity, that we tended to suppress or ignore that inner child within us for the sake of maintaining the status quo.

Even through those "rites of passages" (especially losing your virginity), people can still have their inner child running rampant within them. Sometimes even more so. Especially in modern day society with the whole emphasis being on sex, sex, sex; children themselves are losing their virginity without really having the mental/emotional maturity to truly understand it. It may be the action of the "Abandoned Child" looking for love and acceptance and thinking they'll find it through having sex with someone else. It usually only tends to dig themselves deeper into that aspect of themselves though. Which most likely isn't very good. All of those rites of passages are meant to be symbolic, but each and every person comes into their own individual maturity in their own time. Which in essence, is the true meaning of being an "Alpha Male" in my opinion. I believe that AM only helps to influence and enhance the process of that maturity.

Einstein was an alpha male in his own right. So is Johnny Knoxville too in a way. The same goes for Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci, Abraham Lincoln, etc. I think it's only when we learn to truly become aware of our inner child's needs, and develop the wisdom and understanding to provide it to them, whether in the form of unconditional love, acceptance, attention, fun, etc... that we will become the matured individual men/women we aspire to be.
Nice post for someone who is not an expert, I didn't even know the inner child existence.
What sub are you using or plan to use Imagine?
(05-26-2014, 05:03 PM)Artemis Wrote: [ -> ]I've been researching just a bit on the inner child and I'm wondering what does the inner child of a true alpha man look like?

a person who is able to summon and command crowds while he is passionately working towards the accomplishment of his child hood dream.
(06-29-2014, 03:24 AM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice post for someone who is not an expert, I didn't even know the inner child existence.
What sub are you using or plan to use Imagine?

Currently using Emotional Pain Relief and Healing Aid right now. It's been pretty life changing/mind opening so far the say the least, lol. I know the subliminal, no doubt, had something to do with the awareness of my own inner child and it's little antics. That link pretty much gave it a label, but everything else pretty much comes from self-introspection/personal experience.