Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Any phones / tablets good enough to play ultrasonics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone found / know of any modern (2013 - 2014) phone(s) / tablet(s) that are good enough to play ultras.

Preferably stereo speakers that can play ultras up to around -30 dB without static / crackly / distorted sounds.

Thanks
Personally I'd go with iPad mini.
I am using my Nexux 7 2013 edition along with my few hours exposure with headphone and works quite fine .. before buying I did a little research on sound quality of the tab and it seemed quite ok . I checked with FrequenSee too. Hopefully Ipad will be fine too.
Thanks for replies so far.

@ Jakeb203:

Have you used ultras with an iPad Mini?
Or know anyone who has and gotten good results with an iPad Mini?

@ jonathan4all:

Would this be the same model you have:

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tablets-acce...sau-ta8012

Also,

What's the setup you use when using Ultras on your Nexus 7 (position of tab relative to your body, how far away, etc)?

And, exactly what volume do you have the ultras on?
Most phones / tablets have 16 notches of volume, which notch of volume do you use when playing ultras with your Nexus 7?

Thanks
(05-25-2014, 11:49 PM)MasterEnki Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replies so far.

@ Jakeb203:

Have you used ultras with an iPad Mini?
Or know anyone who has and gotten good results with an iPad Mini?

@ jonathan4all:

Would this be the same model you have:

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tablets-acce...sau-ta8012

Also,

What's the setup you use when using Ultras on your Nexus 7 (position of tab relative to your body, how far away, etc)?

And, exactly what volume do you have the ultras on?
Most phones / tablets have 16 notches of volume, which notch of volume do you use when playing ultras with your Nexus 7?

Thanks

I just use it around -45 db checking via FrequenSee and I placed it above a little bit left of my head. usually 4th out of 10 in volume setting.
Any other tablets / phones that can play ultras effectively?

Preferably one with speakers on the side (so it can sit on a bedside table, etc. by itself).

Thanks
(05-25-2014, 09:14 AM)jonathan4all Wrote: [ -> ]I am using my Nexux 7 2013 edition along with my few hours exposure with headphone and works quite fine .. before buying I did a little research on sound quality of the tab and it seemed quite ok . I checked with FrequenSee too. Hopefully Ipad will be fine too.

i am using AM 6.0 ultrasonic tracks through samsung s advance mobile phone speakers is it ok??
as far as tab is concerned i have a mi pad 1 should i use it or start playing wave and trickling tracks using my earphones which is sondmagic es 18 noise cancellation in ear phones??
I use the first generation Kindle fire as my dedicated sub player. Sometimes I'll just stick it in my backpack with ultra playing at max volume so I can have Porta subs. Obviously quality is dramatically reduced when the sound is muffled and behind my back, but it works to keep my hours up when I'm out and about and don't wanna use my mono phone speakers