Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Using stories instead of affirmations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of you guys on this forum talk about using affirmations I'm just wondering if you guys have ever tried writing a story with yourself as the hero. I absolutely live to read and write so instead of repeating affirmations I wrote a simple short story of things I wanted to happen. They didn't happen exactly like I wanted them to (I asked for a beautiful woman to approach me and a rather average one did) but nearly everything else did. For me though I'm always concocting stories in my head and I believe it may be easier for me to believe in them.

So has anyone tried this or is anyone looking to try this?
Sounds like a cool idea, i can never seem to stay focused enough to write anything too long. I can usually write a page or two then im done, but i definately like the idea!
This way of affirmations are performed by Brent Smith. Check his youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ikg4L3t388
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Otghtsnnc

Cheers Big Grin
(05-23-2014, 07:33 PM)jennielee Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a cool idea, i can never seem to stay focused enough to write anything too long. I can usually write a page or two then im done, but i definately like the idea!

I think you should do whatever works best for you. I think it just works better if you can immerse yourself in it and just truly believe in it.

(05-23-2014, 08:17 PM)Edo Wrote: [ -> ]This way of affirmations are performed by Brent Smith. Check his youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ikg4L3t388
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Otghtsnnc

Cheers Big Grin

Dude thanks for the videos! I'm going to delve into these tomorrow.Tongue
(05-24-2014, 11:05 PM)AlphaReal Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2014, 05:44 PM)Artemis Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of you guys on this forum talk about using affirmations I'm just wondering if you guys have ever tried writing a story with yourself as the hero. I absolutely live to read and write so instead of repeating affirmations I wrote a simple short story of things I wanted to happen. They didn't happen exactly like I wanted them to (I asked for a beautiful woman to approach me and a rather average one did) but nearly everything else did. For me though I'm always concocting stories in my head and I believe it may be easier for me to believe in them.

So has anyone tried this or is anyone looking to try this?

Can you give an example how you do it, and a story that worked for you?

I'm not going to post my story but basically I wrote a story where the main character is me. Before I wrote to have attractive girls come and hit on me and stuff, but rather plain girls came and hit on me, so I think the key is to be as realistic as possible and honest with your own flaws if you want to see results quickly. I'm not the sexy type of guy that women would hit on, and writing a story about that could take a while to manifest y'know? I want results that are quick and in line, or slightly above, my current stage of development.

If you have trouble focusing, or you procrastinate, put that in the story and say something like

Quote:_____ noticed his procrastination got better and better every day

My story is a bit of a skeleton, but I get very involved while writing it, which is key to affirmations. I'm starting from a point where the main character has most of my traits and qualities but sees himself grow each and every day, and then writing in things like short encounters with women and such. I think it would be completely unrealistic for me to make random women come up and beg to have sex with me, but I know I can push a girl who's rather interested in me to give me a sexy look, or come up and say hi.

Hey Shannon I'm wondering if you've ever looked into this book called The Power of Myth, by Joseph Campbell. It basically describes how myths are universal to the human race and how every person has their own personal mythology. When I run your subs I'm watching what seems like a personal story unfold, and this recent one (AM6) is centering around me becoming a hero both in my daily life and in my dreams. Just something interesting I thought you should check out.
(05-26-2014, 06:46 AM)AlphaReal Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, you can include more such habitual statements.. I have found they slip past the conscious without much resistance.

eg "getting better and better every day" instead of "I am the best"

I'll be sure to add this when I begin writing again.

Quote:So you write as if you are writing a a third person's story with your name in it? This one is new.

The character, currently, is unnamed. I believe it would be more effective if I wrote in first person and used my first name. It just seems harder to believe when I write in first person, which is why I've been writing in third.

Quote:Do you focus on manifestation? If yes, is it working, and an explanation like above would be welcome, thanks.

Yeah there was a slight focus on manifestation. I'm just a bit scared I won't or can't manifest what I want so I'm doing small things to build my confidence. Mostly I'm just focusing on writing real scenarios where the character is growing from day to day, like I would like to.

I've also thought of writing in bad scenarios that the character may be afraid of, but he eventually comes out of it OK.