Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Am I understanding Copy Protection correctly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading a thread on copy protection where Shannon posted this:

Quote:The effects of the anti-piracy routines are self limiting. When you stop, they stop. It would be pretty dirty of me to make it so you had to buy a sub to erase any effects. I wouldn't do anything to my customers that would earn me a bad reputation. It is trust, above all else, that makes this business succeed.

From what I can understand the anti-piracy scripting stops when you stop using the pirated material correct? Does it, or does it not, transfer to other programs you're using, if they were legitimately bought?
you actually think the effects of the sub would stop if you didn't buy the sub? there is no real copyright protection. If the sub works you pay for it is what Shannon asks, If not ask for a refund. If you want to be cheap and limit any future subs Shannon can create then don't pay for it. In the end it's your choice.

That's my belief in this "copyright protection"
(05-17-2014, 11:24 AM)lokko Wrote: [ -> ]you actually think the effects of the sub would stop if you didn't buy the sub? there is no real copyright protection. If the sub works you pay for it is what Shannon asks, If not ask for a refund. If you want to be cheap and limit any future subs Shannon can create then don't pay for it. In the end it's your choice.

That's my belief in this "copyright protection"

I understand this but Shannon said he changed the scripting of pirated subliminals, which made me scared of using the pirated materials. Also do you know if the copy protection transfers over to legitimately bought copies?
As far I know the copy protection remains until you paid for all subs you used. For example if you use a pirated attract your perfect lover program and then buy LTU, the copy protections is still working. After you paid for the perfect lover program, too, the copy protection will disappear.
(05-17-2014, 04:15 PM)sebastian Wrote: [ -> ]As far I know the copy protection remains until you paid for all subs you used. For example if you use a pirated attract your perfect lover program and then buy LTU, the copy protections is still working. After you paid for the perfect lover program, too, the copy protection will disappear.

Cool that's what I wanted to know. Thank you.
hmmm, that's what i think before then, if i use one pirated program that shannon created, then whatever program i buy now, still trigger copy protection because in the past i'm using pirated version.