Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How to be an auditory learner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really bad with math. And what people don't realize about math is that it is an auditory learning skill+talent. I'm not an auditory learning. I'm a kinesthetic and visual learner, with my auditory learning skills coming in very low. It's so low it's actually classified as a learning disability, even though my IQ is at least 150.

However, if there is a way that I can raise my auditory learning abilities, it would be great.
(06-09-2010, 05:34 PM)Clamshell Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really bad with math. And what people don't realize about math is that it is an auditory learning skill+talent. I'm not an auditory learning. I'm a kinesthetic and visual learner, with my auditory learning skills coming in very low. It's so low it's actually classified as a learning disability, even though my IQ is at least 150.

However, if there is a way that I can raise my auditory learning abilities, it would be great.

I am not sure I 100% agree with your statement above. I majored in Math and got almost a 4.0 while in college. I could never pay attention in class and found that the lectures could be really boring. I was only able to understand the problems by visually looking at examples or problems. I know Math is a tough subject for a lot of people. I always saw it as a game or puzzle that I needed to solve (except stats). Possibly making yourself think it is just a puzzle you need to solve will help.
(06-09-2010, 06:27 PM)Litisthebest Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2010, 05:34 PM)Clamshell Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really bad with math. And what people don't realize about math is that it is an auditory learning skill+talent. I'm not an auditory learning. I'm a kinesthetic and visual learner, with my auditory learning skills coming in very low. It's so low it's actually classified as a learning disability, even though my IQ is at least 150.

I am not sure I 100% agree with your statement above. I majored in Math and got almost a 4.0 while in college. I could never pay attention in class and found that the lectures could be really boring. I was only able to understand the problems by visually looking at examples or problems. I know Math is a tough subject for a lot of people. I always saw it as a game or puzzle that I needed to solve (except stats). Possibly making yourself think it is just a puzzle you need to solve will help.

Just because you are an auditory learner doesn't mean you are going to find all lectures and classes exciting. Most auditory learners I know actually have very poor listening skills. They seem to expect that the information will just sink in through osmosis or something, just because the school system is so verbally orientated. And not all of them can do math "in their head" either.
This is an interesting idea... trying to increase one's learning comprehension through a different sense. I am not sure it's possible, but it sure will make for an interesting set of experimentals!
Shannon, an accelerated learning subliminal in which an ultra-positive self-image for learning is built. Some of the desired end results (but not limited to) would include the aforementioned positive self-image where learning is concerned and relative to life in general. It would emphasize that learning is fun and easy. I think it would also list different rewards and benefits of learning as already achieved by the listener. Naturally, just because a person is a visual, auditory or kinesthetic doesn't mean that they wouldn't benefit from using more of their senses. This subliminal should heavily emphasize using different senses for different learning tasks. I seriously doubt if anyone is totally confined to just one sense when it comes to learning. Incorporating more senses into our learning seems like a no-brainer to me. ---- Mike

Giving is living and living is giving!
(09-18-2010, 07:01 PM)mike Wrote: [ -> ]Shannon, an accelerated learning subliminal in which an ultra-positive self-image for learning is built. Some of the desired end results (but not limited to) would include the aforementioned positive self-image where learning is concerned and relative to life in general. It would emphasize that learning is fun and easy. I think it would also list different rewards and benefits of learning as already achieved by the listener. Naturally, just because a person is a visual, auditory or kinesthetic doesn't mean that they wouldn't benefit from using more of their senses. This subliminal should heavily emphasize using different senses for different learning tasks. I seriously doubt if anyone is totally confined to just one sense when it comes to learning. Incorporating more senses into our learning seems like a no-brainer to me. ---- Mike

I would love to use a sub like this.
(09-19-2010, 04:29 AM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2010, 07:01 PM)mike Wrote: [ -> ]Shannon, an accelerated learning subliminal in which an ultra-positive self-image for learning is built. Some of the desired end results (but not limited to) would include the aforementioned positive self-image where learning is concerned and relative to life in general. It would emphasize that learning is fun and easy. I think it would also list different rewards and benefits of learning as already achieved by the listener. Naturally, just because a person is a visual, auditory or kinesthetic doesn't mean that they wouldn't benefit from using more of their senses. This subliminal should heavily emphasize using different senses for different learning tasks. I seriously doubt if anyone is totally confined to just one sense when it comes to learning. Incorporating more senses into our learning seems like a no-brainer to me. ---- Mike

I would love to use a sub like this.

Wildflower, thanks for the positive reply! My guess is that Shannon already uses an approach similar to the one I outlined in my post. The more senses people incorporate in their learning, the easier and faster the learning. No doubt about it! --- Mike