Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Permanency and Effects of Subliminals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shannon has said that in order to get the most out of Alpha Male, it's recommended to play it once a year for a couple of years. The reason is so that you can reaffirm the content on your mind, over several topics.

But it also assumes that you'll lose a portion of the programming, and partially return to your "old ways".

The question I'd like to ask is how permanent a program is on our programming?

My current thoughts are:
The longer the exposure, the better the chance at permanency;
The simpler the messer, the easier the chance of permanency;

I'm afraid that I'll have to resort to spinning plates on any of the new skills that I acquire through subliminals.
I think the easiest way to explain it is to use a stock analogy. Stocks don't go straight up or down. They go up then down. When a stock grows, it hits resistance and drops. After hitting the same resistance a few times, it is able to break through that resistance. What was resistance now becomes support.

Running Alpha Male pushes you through those resistances and now they become your support. If you run Alpha Male once and never run it again then eventually the lack of growth will test your support enough to where it doesn't hold.

Eventually, after running Alpha Male enough, you become a new person. This doesn't happen in six months. You have developed new habits and can do thing you've never done before, but, you still have fresh memories of not being that way.

My personal example of this is losing all my weight. For the first 25 years of my life, I was fat. That was my identity. When I lost all that weight, I was skinny in everyone eye's except my own. My identity was still that I was fat. It took time to change that identity. I started doing sports and keeping up with very athletic people that were much younger than myself. New evidence kept challenging my beliefs that I was fat until I could no longer believe that I was fat any longer. Fat people don't spend hours running around playing ultimate frisbee. I didn't see any fat people doing the things that I did. Having that identity for 25 years made it take a long time to change, but, it changed. I no longer think of myself as fat. It didn't happen over night. I just realized one day that I no longer view myself that way.
@InTheZone

Those are fair analogies.

What I think I mean to ask has to do with backwards regression once you stop the sub.
If I'm learning Spanish, and I listen to the "Learn Spanish" sub for 6 months, will lose that desire to learn a few weeks after I stop the sub?
If I'm learning to play quickly at guitar, and try the "Master Your Instrument for Speed" sub, will I eventually slow down after having finished the program?

What you're saying is : get new results (congruent with your new identity), continue getting results that strengthen a new reality, then your identity will change and you'll naturally keep getting results, instead of forcing them artificially with subs. Is that what you're saying?

I trust that the Alpha Male subliminal is so extensive that no matter how integrated some new programming has become, there's nothing there to challenge some suggestions; perhaps it atrophies if there's no reason for it to be there? I don't know.

If I took the "Learn Spanish" sub for 6 months, then stopped the sub AND learning, then of course I would lose progress.
Because of the plasticity of the brain you can reprogram your mind many times with newer programs.

If you are a musician for 10 years, then give music up for a few years, you will have to do some practice before you can go back on the stage and give good performances again.

A sub is new music to your ears, and a replay from time-to-time can be an enjoyable gift to your inner child, even though your conscious mind can't hear (and doesn't know) the words being said.
(03-21-2014, 08:11 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: [ -> ]What you're saying is : get new results (congruent with your new identity), continue getting results that strengthen a new reality, then your identity will change and you'll naturally keep getting results, instead of forcing them artificially with subs. Is that what you're saying?

Exactly! The subliminals create a new inward reality. Once you have used them long enough then that inward reality becomes an the external reality. Then the beliefs that the subliminal is trying to instill are being supported by external events.

For example, if you use master your instrument, it instills that you can play your guitar fast. After listening to that sub for a while, you start playing your guitar faster. People start noticing how good you are and make comments. You can pick up difficult songs quickly. Now your external reality is supporting the beliefs that the subliminal was instilling. Instead of needing the sub to instill those beliefs, now your external reality instills them.
@InTheZone

I'm simply concerned that stopping the sub will make me backslide, especially in things like languages and guitar, though I would be using them everyday after I'm finished.

If I listen to them long term (3 months), there shouldn't be a problem in my mind.
I asked a similar question in a different thread. You can read Shannon's response.

http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Regres...ubliminals

Thanks

Fonzy