Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Limiting beliefs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About two months ago, on January 11th, I started to systematically record and write down limiting belief which were coming up in my consciousness.

At the time, I was listening to Aura of Sexiness, (which I'll go back to eventually), while now I'm running LTU.

During this time I recorded A TON of negative beliefs which affect me in various ways:
as of today I'm counting 900 of them, and I see no reason to stop any time soon, and push past ONE THOUSAND --- and then maybe two thousand, three, four, and even more, why not?

Granted, some of them are redundant, and they cover the same topic, and I might have written down the same belief more than once if it came up repeatedly, but the magnitude of this matter shocks me deeply.

The point I'm trying to make is, will this ever end?

How many negative, limiting beliefs can one person have?

I'm starting to think an infinite number.
Like, I can go on discovering and releasing them, forever.
And there will always be more, and I'll always be "busy" with this practice.

What do you think?
Hey man,

I have been dealing with my limiting beliefs lately as well.
I think it is good to instead of fighting each limiting belief separately put them together in groups.
For example, instead of dealing with "I can't date very tall women","I can't date 10s" and "I can't date very smart women" individually create a positive affirmation to repeat to yourself or visualize something like "I can date all kinds of women."

Another way is to deal with the root of the problem. Which means, adopt a belief along the lines of "Everything is possible".

I believe as long as we lack confidence and have insecurities limiting beliefs will be coming up. New ones and old ones.
That is why it is better to count your positive/ self validating beliefs instead. You'll find that those can go on forever as well. It's the frequency you are on, either being grateful or you're not.

Thanks

Fonzy
Thanks for your advice, guys.

I stopped at belief number 1000 - and I swear I didn't do this on purpose, but that belief was:

I can't win, because the ego/the mind/negativity will always be there, it will fight me at every step, it will always try to disrupt my state and kill my happiness, all the way each and every day until I die

So it's like the "ultimate limiting belief".
Heh. I remember when I realised that believing I had limiting beliefs was the limiting belief I had to work on. Then I noticed that I didn't believe that I had any limiting beliefs about certain things and that the belief that I had no limiting beliefs was actually a very limiting belief ^_^