Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speaker Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The little speaker I bought to use at work broke on me after 3 months of use. It could handle and play the frequency of the subliminals fine, but I don't know if the frequency contributed to it's eventual death. Whether it was, like I said, the frequency; or whether it was the daily 8 hour marathon's it had to endure; or whether it broke because that was it fate and it would've broke no matter what I played on it and how long I used it for. It was cheap so I guess these things are expected. Obviously no one can tell me what killed that particular speaker but does high frequency in general (20KHz) and long 8 hour sessions push weak speakers over the edge?
I don't think it would affect your speakers unless it was too loud (after all it does support 20khz response). Cheap things usually die pretty quickly, I've read numerous reviews on cheap speakers dying months and sometimes weeks after buying them.
(09-18-2010, 11:07 AM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]The little speaker I bought to use at work broke on me after 3 months of use. It could handle and play the frequency of the subliminals fine, but I don't know if the frequency contributed to it's eventual death. Whether it was, like I said, the frequency; or whether it was the daily 8 hour marathon's it had to endure; or whether it broke because that was it fate and it would've broke no matter what I played on it and how long I used it for. It was cheap so I guess these things are expected. Obviously no one can tell me what killed that particular speaker but does high frequency in general (20KHz) and long 8 hour sessions push weak speakers over the edge?

My big speakers have been going for 9 months strong. My earbuds (back when I would use them) used to die every 5 months or so due to rubber fraying where they split apart. I could fix them with rubber tubing and a heat gun but it would get annoying. Never actually had a speaker become non-functional though, I've always only had problems with wiring or power supply.