Subliminal Talk

Full Version: is ok yo layer subs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I layer sub's that are compatible? I have a audio program that allows me to play both tracks on the same program with high quality. Will I still get the effects of both programs?
The subs are already layered and in stereo, if you layer them over each other then your going to have multiple layers conflicting, I'm not an expert but I imagine even if you can keep them high quality, it will cancel each other out or be too much too process. Plus I don't think Shannon would recommend any form of editing or altering his products, I imagine it's against his terms of service.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it, be a waste of your personal time, the programmes are already highly optimized.
True, and if layering is effective Shannon will apply it to his sub already. In fact he don't, do you see where I'm going?

Too much power aren't good, balance in everything mate Wink
I build my programs to be as powerful as possible. Layering them will overload and destroy the results. I wish you guys would stop trying to get more power out of these, I have already done everything there is to do and then invented a dozen or so new things too. Just use them according to the instructions, or you're wasting your time.
Maybe I worded my statement wrong. What I'm trying to say is can I play two different but compatible sub's at the same time for 8 hours instead of 16 for playing both at different times. I have pro tool so I can just have them playing on top of each other. I'm not doing any altering. Sorry for the confusion if any.[/size]
(03-15-2014, 05:46 PM)LongLocks21 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I worded my statement wrong. What I'm trying to say is can I play two different but compatible sub's at the same time for 8 hours instead of 16 for playing both at different times. I have pro tool so I can just have them playing on top of each other. I'm not doing any altering. Sorry for the confusion if any.[/size]

(03-15-2014, 04:19 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I build my programs to be as powerful as possible. Layering them will overload and destroy the results. I wish you guys would stop trying to get more power out of these, I have already done everything there is to do and then invented a dozen or so new things too. Just use them according to the instructions, or you're wasting your time.

Bolded your question and the answer to your question